Grimsby 2 Morecambe 1 [Phillips] LIVE iFollow thread

Re: Grimsby 2 Morecambe 1 [Phillips] LIVE iFollow thread

Postby Slanester » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Nothing between our 2 keepers imo. Unfortunately, any mistakes from the one between the sticks, that results in a goal conceded, will always be the talking point, but our REAL problem is still the lack of putting away the chances we create.
Slanester

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 pm

Yes says me

It`s not SLEW`S fault we have now lost 18 games and only got 30 points from 102 available

He missed a sitter last week yes but have striker`s never missed before
Redalert1970

Postby Slanester » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Yes says me

It`s not SLEW`S fault we have now lost 18 games and only got 30 points from 102 available

You are entitled, but why so defensive of JS, especially if you aren’t watching him on the pitch. If it was somebody else, would that be ok?
Slanester

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Slanester wrote:Nothing between our 2 keepers imo. Unfortunately, any mistakes from the one between the sticks, that results in a goal conceded, will always be the talking point, but our REAL problem is still the lack of putting away the chances we create.

I agree, Halstead & Mafoumbi are very similar standard. Mafoumbi is perhaps the better kicker, but little in it. Mafoumbi has given away two soft goals in the last three games and his earlier flap almost cost us another goal.

We still aren't making opposition keepers work hard enough. Cole holds the ball up superbly, but then either can't get a shot away or have anyone close enough to be laid off to. Not enough shots on target.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Not saying any miss is ok but do you think he misses them on purpose

His confidence must be really low at the minute
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:14 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Yes says me

Where did I suggest everything is his fault? I was saying that he hasn't brought anything to the team YET. On the other hand, Kev has been bombed out of the club.

I was also pointing out that Carlos (and A-Jay) both brought a lot more positives to the game when they came on and they worked harder than Slew. That was my OBSERVATION while watching the game.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Slanester » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Not saying any miss is ok but do you think he misses them on purpose

Of course he doesn’t miss on purpose, but there is no point in saying he has done ok, when he hasn’t. Just as it would be with any other player.
Slanester

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:16 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Not saying any miss is ok but do you think he misses them on purpose

So, we're okay commenting on Mafoumbi's errors, just not Slew's? You've not jumped to Mafoumbi's defence?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:29 pm

I agree Keith, Kev is better and has done more this season than Slew. We could be two points better off as he would have buried that chance against Mansfield last week I’d wager.
Carlos did well today when he came on, Brewitt had a good game defensively too.
Can’t keep missing chances and giving daft goals away though if we want to progress.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Wasnt there but the stats say they had twice as much posession , twice as many shots on target ,and scored twice as many goals, so all in all a fair result, this is hardly a revolution is it?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Derek still sounds very positive going into the Carlisle game and no disrespect to the Cumbrians but Grimsby is a much harder place to go,
should be a decent turnout and a cracking game
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:34 pm

As for Kev ...its obviously personal so therefore disrespectful, Slew was obviously not as good from day one....should have borrowed a couple more clarets.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Freez » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm

They did have lots of possession, we did have four on target to their six, but the shots off target were 4 for us and about 75 for them!!! :? :D
Not complaining about that, it was still 0-0 on 68 minutes as we hadn’t fucked up, then we did.
Then we were Kettled for the second, never a foul for the free kick but hey, we got a goal back. Score about right but doesn’t stop you being frustrated!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:52 pm

We are still 8pts above relegation and considering every man and his dog on here had us nailed on for going down, isn't as bad as the flat earthers would have you believe. Revolution, maybe not yet but a lot better than we would have been.
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:03 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:We are still 8pts above relegation and considering every man and his dog on here had us nailed on for going down, isn't as bad as the flat earthers would have you believe. Revolution, maybe not yet but a lot better than we would have been.

i agree.

i can’t help but feel we’d be 8 points adrift if we was still under the previous regime.
Andy D

Postby Freez » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Our play was good as it has been under DA, just need to cut out the daft goals and take some chances imo and we will be fine.
We were coming good this time last season too. The real trick will be keeping hold of the players we need to kick on next season, something we have failed to do previously??
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby black morse » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:23 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:We are still 8pts above relegation and considering every man and his dog on here had us nailed on for going down, isn't as bad as the flat earthers would have you believe. Revolution, maybe not yet but a lot better than we would have been.

Not quite accurate BS (my dogs couldn't have cared less :lol: ) but I get your drift and think we would all agree that things are much better.
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:37 pm

We still need 10 points minimum for safety … Where are these coming from as we have some very difficult games to come

We also must not lose the home game to CHEATENAGE on 21st March 2020

We still have games against Crewe, Swindon, Plymouth, Exeter, Forest Green and Newport so nowhere safe yet
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:50 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:We still need 10 points minimum for safety … Where are these coming from as we have some very difficult games to come

We also must not lose the home game to CHEATENAGE on 21st March 2020

We still have games against Crewe, Swindon, Plymouth, Exeter, Forest Green and Newport so nowhere safe yet

Sorry mate. Stevenage have lost their last 7 games and are NOT going to catch us now. Please try to have a little faith in a team that are playing better football and are better organised than they were.

We'll all feel better when the sun shines :D
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:58 pm

I am not sure why people are banging on about how bad things are now. We were rock bottom but now we are 8pts/3wins clear with a much more competitive goal difference. All that matters this season is staying up. DA has rescued this season, we are talking about chasing teams down as oppose to being all but down in October.
BerlinWaller

Postby Freez » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:23 pm

True, some just don’t want to see we are playing better, home form much improved too.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Not saying we aren't playing better just saying we are no where near safe

There is messages on boro chat (Stevenage forum) that westley as gone !!!
Redalert1970

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:43 pm

Freez wrote:True, some just don’t want to see we are playing better, home form much improved too.

Very true Freez, I am glad you said it. We lost an away game. Most away sides concede possession and attacking position to the home side. Slew hasn't worked out, we all had our doubts but because he is the first DA signing not to work out, some people have hammered him excessively IMO.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:44 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I am not sure why people are banging on about how bad things are now. We were rock bottom but now we are 8pts/3wins clear with a much more competitive goal difference. All that matters this season is staying up. DA has rescued this season, we are talking about chasing teams down as oppose to being all but down in October.

Freez wrote:True, some just don’t want to see we are playing better, home form much improved too.

Redalert1970 wrote:Not saying we aren't playing better just saying we are no where near safe

There is messages on boro chat (Stevenage forum) that westley as gone !!!

Is it possible to agree with all three of you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are playing much better and we are getting further away from the dreaded drop, BUT equally, we're a long way from safety yet. If Stevenage manage to beat us, then we're back to squeaky bum time. We have to start turning possession & opportunities in to goals. Stevenage will still have us in their sights. Hopefully, we'll get a win next weekend.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Carlisle will be a very tough game like it always is

They had 23 attempts away at Crawley today
Redalert1970

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion