Jools Holland and others at the Globe

Jools Holland and others at the Globe

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:15 am

Jools Holland confirmed at a weekend of concerts at The Globe Arena this summer. The other performers are still under wraps but of a similar stature as Jools Holland but different types of music.

This is at last, how The Globe was sold to us, as something that will bring money in outside of football. Well done the commercial team, more of this please!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Jools Holland and others at the Globe

Postby Born again Bill » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:37 am

GLOBESTOCK :D ......looking forward to this
Born again Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:39 am

Weekend of the 12th June, good time for our Centenary celebrations, wait till the neighbours find out :lol:

Tickets will be limited to 3000, people will come from all over
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 am

WOW! Jools Holland has iconic status. Wonder who will be performing with him? 3,000 tickets will surely fly off the shelf. Hope the club makes money from this, even if it's just on food and drinks.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Born again Bill » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:49 am

marky No.1 wrote:Weekend of the 12th June, good time for our Centenary celebrations, wait till the neighbours find out :lol:

Tickets will be limited to 3000, people will come from all over

Priority ticketing to supporters :D
Born again Bill

Postby Shrimp Girl » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:51 am

The date is not on his website yet, but it says for other dates from May to August 2020, guest singer with the band will be Eddi Reader
Shrimp Girl

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 am

Keith wrote:Jools Holland confirmed at a weekend of concerts at The Globe Arena this summer. The other performers are still under wraps but of a similar stature as Jools Holland but different types of music.

This is at last, how The Globe was sold to us, as something that will bring money in outside of football. Well done the commercial team, more of this please!

Wasn't there some problem originally in respect of the residents of Needham Avenue opposing any pop concerts on grounds of noise ? This must have been overcome from the sounds of this.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Keith wrote:Jools Holland confirmed at a weekend of concerts at The Globe Arena this summer. The other performers are still under wraps but of a similar stature as Jools Holland but different types of music.

Wasn't there some problem originally in respect of the residents of Needham Avenue opposing any pop concerts on grounds of noise ? This must have been overcome from the sounds of this.

I think it was 9pm shut down time? , so sort of killed off the night do
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:11 am

Will Season ticket holders get priority for tickets?
BerlinWaller

Postby Born again Bill » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:13 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Will Season ticket holders get priority for tickets?

Think that’s what the commercial manager was saying last night
Born again Bill

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Is the 3000 limit because the stand holds 3000 and that nobody will be allowed onto the pitch to watch the events :?:

Really hope that it is a success and that we have a good pay day.... :D :D :D
redrobo

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:28 pm

The stand holds 2000 doesn't it? When Elton John played at Ewood Park recently they used the stand seating but had seats on the pitch in front of the stage which was positioned near the half way line. Assume our set up will be similar. One things for sure the pitch would have to be covered in places to avoid damage. Costs of this and putting up staging/lighting etc' won't be cheap so it's debatable how much actual profit will be generated. Maybe more from catering etc' and the publicity value can't be underestimated.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:37 pm

Do you think the success of the Highest Point festival has influenced the club?
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:59 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Do you think the success of the Highest Point festival has influenced the club?

I would think the new directors will have something to do with it, their recruitment companies are worldwide and they will be looking in to new revenue streams, the fans survey may have stirred some activity also.

It was said that the Club would react to popular suggestions on the survey
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:11 pm

Do you think Jools knows he is playing at the Globe Arena (Morecambe) and not The Globe (Stockholm)? It's happened before! ;)

Great move by the club, hopefully it is successful. I know they have been trying to do something like this for ages, back to the times of the Omega man and PMG... but for one reason or another it didn't materialise.

From a fans perspective, the new commercial manger is doing a great job IMO - you can see tangible improvements in this area which others have noticed, be that new sponsors coming on board and different parts of the ground being sponsored.

The big ticket ground sponsor is still available - the sooner we can attract a partner for this and drop 'defunct company stadium', the better.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:32 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Do you think Jools knows he is playing at the Globe Arena (Morecambe) and not The Globe (Stockholm)? It's happened before! ;)

Great move by the club, hopefully it is successful. I know they have been trying to do something like this for ages, back to the times of the Omega man and PMG... but for one reason or another it didn't materialise.

From a fans perspective, the new commercial manger is doing a great job IMO - you can see tangible improvements in this area which others have noticed, be that new sponsors coming on board and different parts of the ground being sponsored.

The big ticket ground sponsor is still available - the sooner we can attract a partner for this and drop 'defunct company stadium', the better.

Agreed , our new Commercial Manager really seems to have got stuck in and made great progress.

Is Mark Dixon still at Salford ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Mark Dixon left Salford in 2018. Says on his LinkedIn that he is seeking his next opportunity.
Remember those cringey YouTube videos he did, sat in his MFC training kit trying to convince everyone he knew what he was doing?

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mark-dixon-a7b35b138
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:One things for sure the pitch would have to be covered in places to avoid damage. Costs of this and putting up staging/lighting etc' won't be cheap so it's debatable how much actual profit will be generated. Maybe more from catering etc' and the publicity value can't be underestimated.

But three concerts in three days will greatly reduce the costs, so hopefully a decent profit can be generated.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:21 pm

marky No.1

Postby glagys » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Yep I heard a little of that through my frozen ears last night :D
thought it was mentioned that more artist would be announced today?
Is there an OWS for this event ? I would like to get my name down for tickets,
glagys

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:34 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Will Season ticket holders get priority for tickets?

Yes

https://beyondradio.co.uk/news/jools-ho ... mbe-fc-309
marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:05 pm

hope season ticket holders get first shout on these 3000 ticket.
Andy D

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Keith wrote:
Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:One things for sure the pitch would have to be covered in places to avoid damage. Costs of this and putting up staging/lighting etc' won't be cheap so it's debatable how much actual profit will be generated. Maybe more from catering etc' and the publicity value can't be underestimated.

But three concerts in three days will greatly reduce the costs, so hopefully a decent profit can be generated.

Ah I see that makes sense! I'd love to see him and his band live. I love his New Years Eve concert on TV and it's become a bit of an institution in our house. Unfortunately with living out of the area I'm not a season ticket holder anymore so whether it will be possible to get a couple of tickets I'm not sure. Does anyone know when and where the tickets will be on general sale. I would love to get them and get the hotel booked before prices go through the roof. On a similar theme I went to see Madness at the Scarborough open air arena in 2018. It holds 6,000 so larger than the Globe and it was jammers. They maybe bigger than a 3,000 capacity but you never know. Now that would be amazing. You've also got to take into account the pitch and potential damage so not straightforward.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 pm

They are also looking into getting a big screen for the England v Croatia game on the Sunday
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:05 pm

While we have 3,000 people per day , 9,000 in total over the 3 days wouldn't it be an ideal opportunity to increase our support and database ?

Many of the people may like football but are not at present Shrimps fans

Maybe a free ticket for one of the nights with every season ticket sold to "new" supporters for 2020/21 season , depending on how much a ticket for one day will cost of course.

Take email details from all people attending if possible or as many as possible for future Globe events and also the football. :D :D
Gone_Shrimping

Next

Return to General Discussion