Rebranding

Re: Rebranding

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:41 pm

All the pictures from jbs and the main stand are in the bowels of the Morecambe Bay Wines warehouse. I told Mrs Cross they should be in the new bar but she said the club weren't bothered! If PMC hadn't taken them they would have been lost forever.
Harry

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Harry wrote:All the pictures from jbs and the main stand are in the bowels of the Morecambe Bay Wines warehouse. I told Mrs Cross they should be in the new bar but she said the club weren't bothered! If PMC hadn't taken them they would have been lost forever.

As one chapter closes, another opens. However there are certain times when the past is more than just history to be forgotten. Whatever images still remain from CP and in particular JB's should in my opinion be used in The Globe, preferably in the new Bar which is stark of imagery....of any description.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:29 pm

memorabilia of any description from cp would have been a vast improvement under the stand food and drink plant room, if mrs cross says the club are not interested in celebrating our history ,that is a shame, yeah, shame.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 pm

It's more than a shame mate. I can't believe I've read it to be honest. :twisted:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:56 pm

I have decided to announce my intention to refer to our new ground as christie park as from now on whenever i discuss our stadium, anyone care to join me.

The powers that be can call it what they like, lets get a christie park vibe going :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Mark S already got you on that one when he announced the attendance v Crewe :lol:
Harry

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:07 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I have decided to announce my intention to refer to our new ground as christie park as from now on whenever i discuss our stadium, anyone care to join me.

The powers that be can call it what they like, lets get a christie park vibe going :!:

Westgate Stadium. ;)
morecambe mick

Postby ockers » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Perhaps it's a bit like the smokeys name
Noone called it the ex servicemans
everyone referred to the bar as smokeys
if enough people refer to the bar at the footie as jbs
it will catch on
so just name the bar jbs anyway and get some pics up
ockers

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:30 pm

I will call the bar jbs and the stadium christie park then ockers,WILL YOU :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Can Mark S please play WE WILL ROCK YOU and GOING BACK TO MY ROOTS on Saturday please, thank you
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Can we also have OMG and YEAH by usher, thanks.
Bare Ben

Postby ockers » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:56 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I will call the bar jbs and the stadium christie park then ockers,WILL YOU :?:

like mark s I'm forever saying christie park on comms
old habits I'm afraid
I'll call it jbs no problemo
ockers

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 am

get the photos up in the bar Peter! Let us make it feel like home. This isn't Pol Pot's regime of starting again at year zero, let's embrace our past, our heritage. It's a nice bar but it is completely sole-less. Putting up those photos will make it feel like home. The club could easily print some new photos too and swap them around occasionally, keeping it a fresh photo exhibition.

Let's make it JB's, let's make it the fans bar but let's have some help from the club to give us what we want.

And lets get a supporters club actively meeting in there.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Moose » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:40 am

Perhaps if there is thought going into the changing of the name, they should drop the word 'Grill'.... or to combat the trade descriptions act, buy one and start using it?
A nice grilled steak? nope. A lovely bit of grilled chicken? nope. A grilled anything.... nope.
OK, pie then.
Moose

Postby stevanshrimp » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Moose wrote:Perhaps if there is thought going into the changing of the name, they should drop the word 'Grill'.... or to combat the trade descriptions act, buy one and start using it?
A nice grilled steak? nope. A lovely bit of grilled chicken? nope. A grilled anything.... nope.
OK, pie then.

"The Crusty Pie" :!: BRILLIANT :!: :?:

:D
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Bryan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Call it JB's, get the old pictures up, job done. Proves my theory though that many of the higher echelons of the club basically don't give a toss about the hardcore supporter at this club anymore. 1700 v Crewe was a joke. The club should be doing all it can to entice back supporters. Or even keep the one's it's got. Drinks promotions are another area they need to look at more closely.
Bryan

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:21 pm

I also think it should be renamed as JB's, pictures of our history up on the walls etc etc. We should NEVER forget where we have come from.

The "Globe Bar and Grill" is a corporate name, not a supporter orientated one in my opinion. I feel it is a name which is aimed at the more "corporate entertaining supporter" and not the supporter who stands behind the goals clutching a pie and having a pint in the open air (and pi$$ing down rain) at half time.

Rename it something that all SUPPORTERS can relate to (JB's would be ideal ;) ), inspire ALL types of supporters to get in there and give our homely feel back that we are lacking.
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:01 pm

They should call it "Duffys Tavern". It's relevant given the ginger genius is arguably our best current player, but it also appealing to the demographics of Westgate....we've got to tap into the travelling/drug dealer market. Worth a go? I can see it now, large wrought iron surrounds, 10 foot sandstone lions, more pillars than the acropolis, horse shoes galore, palm readings in the gents. Lovely stuff. The club will be raking in the counterfeit coinage.

Failing that "The White Elephant" might be appropriate.

Was there not a competition to name the bar? If so, why do all grey brigade in the champagne section win all the raffles/competitions? It's open the box all over agin! What a shit name. Of course its not the main reason why people fail to go out of their way to sit in a hotel lobby during the week....I'm not sure what is though?
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby parceldave » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:21 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Can Mark S please play WE WILL ROCK YOU and GOING BACK TO MY ROOTS on Saturday please, thank you

He might as well because i dont think he will be playing "We are the Champions" much this season . :o
parceldave

Postby Lloydie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:26 am

I'm still miffed my enter of 'Jimbo's Bar' in honour of our promotion winning captain in the name the bar compition lost to the shoddy name that 'won'.....
Lloydie

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:55 am

Did it "win" though Lloydie?

There seems to be some dispute about whether or not "The Globe Bar and Grill" WAS an entry ???

Like I said on another thread though, "The Globe Bar and Grill" is corporate. Not supporter orientated.
Seasider9601

Postby Lloydie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:26 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Did it "win" though Lloydie?

There seems to be some dispute about whether or not "The Globe Bar and Grill" WAS an entry ???

Like I said on another thread though, "The Globe Bar and Grill" is corporate. Not supporter orientated.

That's what I was hinting at, why I put 'won'.

anyways we will see what develops over the summer I would guess
Lloydie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:26 pm

You've got to love the spotlight that is in the middle of the 'Globe Bar & Grill' lettering/sign. I tell you what, all these millions that the tax payer is footing for blancmanges to study graphics and the like at University is paying dividends.

But then it got me wondering: Is this yet another design flaw or is it a clever twist on the actual name of the pub that has caught people unawares......'The Globe Bar & Light Grill'???

Shoot Capaldi, shoot shoot Capaldi!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Spirit of Christie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Bryan wrote:Call it JB's, get the old pictures up, job done. Proves my theory though that many of the higher echelons of the club basically don't give a toss about the hardcore supporter at this club anymore.

It looks like a cross between a lounge at Manchester Airport and a hotel lobby for good reasons. Its wot happens when you put ex counsel building surveyers in charge of designing pubs. They built them like places in Manchester, chuck in chairs for lifeguards, and expect it to do two million pounds turnover. the only link with the Mighty Shrimps is that its got a ground next ot it and its painted red. Its also doesnt even look and feel like somewhere for Morecambrians football er not. No wonder its empty. Wheres the heart and soul of football gone?
Keeping alive the spirit of charity and community that began with JB Christie and made Morecambe Football Club great.
Spirit of Christie

Postby Duffman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Spirit of Christie wrote:
Bryan wrote:Call it JB's, get the old pictures up, job done. Proves my theory though that many of the higher echelons of the club basically don't give a toss about the hardcore supporter at this club anymore.

It looks like a cross between a lounge at Manchester Airport and a hotel lobby for good reasons. Its wot happens when you put ex counsel building surveyers in charge of designing pubs. They built them like places in Manchester, chuck in chairs for lifeguards, and expect it to do two million pounds turnover. the only link with the Mighty Shrimps is that its got a ground next ot it and its painted red. Its also doesnt even look and feel like somewhere for Morecambrians football er not. No wonder its empty. Wheres the heart and soul of football gone?

Amen brother!

Last season when the new crest was being discussed, I made the point on this message board that the club was in danger of losing it's identity by changing too many things too fast. 10 months on or so I never would have thought we'd be where we are now.
Duffman

Next

Return to General Discussion