Team for saturday?

Re: Team for saturday?

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:36 pm

totally agree seasonsinthesun, that would be our best starting eleven.

A bentley/artell battle at each end corners would be good :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby parceldave » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:38 pm

mfcbro wrote:Only my opinion but how can you play Charnock straight away when he hasnt been getting a game for Torquay.He will only have trained a couple of times with us.Last game he played was as sub 16th October.

He should fit in well with a left-back who can throw a ball better than he can kick it , a right winger who would be better playing at Aintree . :o . Brown's not a bad player but he's not a winger, Rundle is better in that position. ;)
parceldave

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:41 pm

I just feel that Jim will be really up for this match with Artell playing and the memory of last season's epic, plus I don't think Jim has played too badly when he has been called upon this season. However, I suppose if Sammy has signed Charnock for only one month, then he (Charnock) will probably make the starting eleven.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby parceldave » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:46 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I just feel that Jim will be really up for this match with Artell playing and the memory of last season's epic, plus I don't think Jim has played too badly when he has been called upon this season. However, I suppose if Sammy has signed Charnock for only one month, then he (Charnock) will probably make the starting eleven.

Like mfcbro mentioned that he hasn't played much so he probably wont be match fit , so a bencher for me.
parceldave

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:50 pm

I think half a game or so watching his new team mates is not a big ask, Jimbo should start this match for deffo.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Roche

Haining McCready Bentley Parrish
.........Hunter Stanley Brown
......................Fleming
...........Jevons Spencer
Last edited by Sammy h on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy h

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 pm

Roche
Parrish McCready Channock Capaldi
Hunter Stanley Fleming Brown
Spencer Jevons

I thought Haining looked a bit out of position at right back against Lincoln.
Little Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:32 pm

with a heavy heart i think the team little shrimp has put up will be our starting line up, jimbo in and parrish LB would be far better.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Charnock has played a couple of first team games since we played them. The reason for him wanting away is the fact that his family lives in Preston and logically he wants a return North.

As for match fitness, I don't see that as a problem. Probably play him for 70 minutes then replace him with Jimbo.

Fleming in for Schuker for me.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:44 pm

In an ideal world sammy h is right, very attack minded, but it will not happen, I can see jevons alone up front being the order of the day, hope i am wrong though.
mrpotatohead

Postby Loglayer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:45 pm

I don't see how anybody could drop Fleming from the team. I thought him and Parrish were our best players at Cheltenham...
I would play same team as at Cheltenham if they are all fit..
With the exception of Mullin. I would have Spencer from the start..
Loglayer

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Loglayer wrote:I don't see how anybody could drop Fleming from the team. I thought him and Parrish were our best players at Cheltenham...
I would play same team as at Cheltenham if they are all fit..
With the exception of Mullin. I would have Spencer from the start..

If Drummond isn't fit then yes, but you can't leave Stanners or Drummy out.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:17 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:In an ideal world sammy h is right, very attack minded, but it will not happen, I can see jevons alone up front being the order of the day, hope i am wrong though.

If he plays 4-5-1 I will rip up my season ticket and never watch Morecambe again aslong as he is in charge. Not a chance he will play it. Did Spencer not miss the reserve game on Weds which normally means playing on SSat.
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:37 pm

My dear sammy

wtf is SSat.

Is it a new satalite navigation system i have missed............ :geek:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:38 pm

McIlroys said in the interview that if Mullin doesnt make it, Spencer will play. I'd bring Jimbo into the team, get him on Artell at corners and set peices (he knows exactly how he plays)
Crooky MFC

Postby Sammy h » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:51 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:My dear sammy

wtf is SSat.

Is it a new satalite navigation system i have missed............ :geek:

I have a lisssssssssp.

Sorry sns.
Sammy h

Postby keepthefaith » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:26 pm

sammyh - I can only presume Spencer missed on Wednesday just in case Mullin doesn't make it.
Why would the club bring someone in on an emergency short term loan and then sit them on the bench? Strange one....only way I can see it justified is if the lad starts?
Whatever formation, and team Sammy puts out he has my backing and the suggestion of ripping up a season ticket is pathetic IMO. So many people on here are quick to blame the formation - but we've lost playing 442 as well as 451. Let the man in charge, and the man who knows his players better than any of you could ever do pick the team. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but it just seems to me at the moment there are far too many people rubbing their hands, and waiting for failure and it is wrong!!!
Get the negative attitudes out of heads, and lets get the Home Terrace rocking tomorrow - because the flat atmosphere does nothing to help the lads on the pitch I'm sure.
keepthefaith

Postby Sammy h » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:32 pm

keepthefaith wrote:sammyh - I can only presume Spencer missed on Wednesday just in case Mullin doesn't make it.
Why would the club bring someone in on an emergency short term loan and then sit them on the bench? Strange one....only way I can see it justified is if the lad starts?
Whatever formation, and team Sammy puts out he has my backing and the suggestion of ripping up a season ticket is pathetic IMO. So many people on here are quick to blame the formation - but we've lost playing 442 as well as 451. Let the man in charge, and the man who knows his players better than any of you could ever do pick the team. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but it just seems to me at the moment there are far too many people rubbing their hands, and waiting for failure and it is wrong!!!
Get the negative attitudes out of heads, and lets get the Home Terrace rocking tomorrow - because the flat atmosphere does nothing to help the lads on the pitch I'm sure.

I certainly hope he didn't play on Wednesday so that he is playing tomorrow (now is the time to use the word MfcChris ;) )

Lets give this lad a start, I really don't see the point of loaning a striker from a higher division and not playing him, I am surprised Huddersfield even gave him to us if the intention was not to play him.

I do not want to see the club fail, I want to see us play attacking football, creating chances and scoring goals. Something that we are very good at when we want to be.

I will tell the whole bloody world 4-5-1 is not the answer!
Sammy h

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:47 pm

If Mullin plays, it would be interesting to see how he copes against Artell.
Little Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion