WILSON!

Re: WILSON!

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Three players in my opinion that would easy make the step up into League One.

Wilson.

Duffy.

Haining ( I remember his great form last season)
essex_shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:22 pm

You have missed one out 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby kennoshrimp » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:38 pm

ha ha i thought this forum was to talk about everything at morecambe.
i don't really want to say who told me because he may get in trouble. all he said was wilson was going to a championship or league 1 club. most be a few interested in him.
kennoshrimp

Postby MfcChris » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:39 pm

chipbuns wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Stay Wilson. Look what happend to Blackburn and Carlton. Back down to the Conference.

Never could understand CB's reasons for leaving after Wembley but probably he thought he wouldn't make it in the league. Seems like he was right.

As for DC...grass being greener elsewhere?

Personally I'd have neither back although their are quite a lot who would in DC's case.

Never thought he'd make it in the football league? :? Despite him leaving Morecambe to sign for Swindon in League 1....that makes sense :roll:

But never really played. I also think Aldershot were in the league when he played for them. It was Weymouth who he played for in the conference, and now Grimsby for Danny. Albeit loan.

You can understand them moving as everyone wants to better themselves, not just for money.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby MfcChris » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm

kennoshrimp wrote:ha ha i thought this forum was to talk about everything at morecambe.
i don't really want to say who told me because he may get in trouble. all he said was wilson was going to a championship or league 1 club. most be a few interested in him.

I think anyone with half a brain can say Wilson will be leaving in the future. It is just when. So your speculation is unnecesary. I have learnt not to take anything seriously on this forum.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Three players in my opinion that would easy make the step up into League One.

Wilson.

Duffy.

Haining ( I remember his great form last season)

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby chipbuns » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Obviously Jesus never really played but would he have signed for them in the first place if he didn't think that he could establish himself?

I was just proving a point that he obviously didn't think that he wasn't good enough for league football or else he wouldn't have gone to Swindon in the first place, he would have stayed in the Conference.
chipbuns

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Mark Duffy we should give him a new contract it runs out at the end of the season

Wilson I think strongly League One teams will want him why go to Preston Preston will go down this season.

Parrish - What a good center back and I do think he is one of the best center backs in League Two
essex_shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:19 pm

You haven't even seen any other center backs Darren ;)
MfcChris

Postby marky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Christies Child wrote: :?: :?: :?:

Duffy is by far our best attacking player and could easily play at a higher level. Gets plaudits from most if not all opposition fans/radio commentators.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby kennoshrimp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Did anyone see the rumour mill in the lancashire telegraph a couple of weeks ago? Preston are considering a move for Laurence Wilson. my source was right. ha ha. Heard it's all done and dusted now. january he will be a preston player. we need a new left back.
kennoshrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:09 pm

kennoshrimp wrote:Did anyone see the rumour mill in the lancashire telegraph a couple of weeks ago? Preston are considering a move for Laurence Wilson. my source was right. ha ha. Heard it's all done and dusted now. january he will be a preston player. we need a new left back.

If anybody believes anything this plank says, we're all doomed. There I said it.
Bare Ben

Postby kennoshrimp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:12 pm

We'll see!
kennoshrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Yeah we'll see wow!
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:25 pm

kennoshrimp wrote:Did anyone see the rumour mill in the lancashire telegraph a couple of weeks ago? Preston are considering a move for Laurence Wilson. my source was right. ha ha. Heard it's all done and dusted now. january he will be a preston player. we need a new left back.

No need for any gloom....we've a ready made replacement already in the club!

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Here we go, I believe you are talking about Mr Capaldi? Wilson is one of our best players.
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Christies Child wrote:

No need for any gloom....we've a ready made replacement already in the club!

;) ;) ;)

Agreed, he's good, but we'd get over it.
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Sammy h wrote:Here we go, I believe you are talking about Mr Capaldi? Wilson is one of our best players.

Excellent going forward, but not that good defensively. Too many goals have come from crosses on his side.

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Well if we had a manager who played him in his best position maybe we could make the most of histtacking and crsi ability?

You got something in your eye or are you just pleased to see me? Lots of winking going on.
Sammy h

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't think we would miss him that much. He hasn't been a patch on what he was last season. Good going forwards (not the case this season) and got slightly better defending but we could easily replace him with someone better.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Here we go, I believe you are talking about Mr Capaldi? Wilson is one of our best players.

Excellent going forward, but not that good defensively. Too many goals have come from crosses on his side.

;) ;) ;)

I've gotta agree with you there. He always seems to take them down the line and lets them get the cross in. Brilliant going forward though!
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:31 pm

if we can get a decent fee for Wilson in January, then by all means cash him in rather than lose him for nothing in summer

and use that money on a dangerous center forward
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:40 pm

DawZi wrote:if we can get a decent fee for Wilson in January, then by all means cash him in rather than lose him for nothing in summer

a[b]nd use that money on a dangerous center forward[/b]

maybe one whose name suggests an ecclesiastical background ;) ;)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:40 pm

DawZi wrote:if we can get a decent fee for Wilson in January, then by all means cash him in rather than lose him for nothing in summer

and use that money on a dangerous center forward

Totally agree BUT it might never happen if the rumours of the interested club are to be believed as a certain former Man Utd player and now manager might have gone by the time the January window comes around! :cry:
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

a[b]nd use that money on a dangerous center forward[/b]

maybe one whose name suggests an ecclesiastical background ;) ;)

I think it could take a miracle for that to happen!
Christies Child

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion