O/T - The Spending Cuts!

Re: O/T - The Spending Cuts!

Postby essex_shrimp » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:27 pm

I have to go on benefits and going Essex on Sunday and got told I get £50 a week jsa and only £50 a week housing that is all.

And the rent is £80 a week and paying off £10 from debts so come on .

only got £10 a week on food drink do not get me wrong I got a job starting on the 13th October full time still means I would be on benefits and I do not think that benefits here is right

Thing is we are going to get to many people not working and the job center housing will not be able to deal with all of this come on how do the Eastern europeans deal with this 8-)
essex_shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:37 pm

.....and don't forget that JSA is only for 6 months and then it's 'sod all'.

When I was out of work, at the end of the 6 months the Job Centre didin't want to know me and admitted that I wasn't included in the Jobless figures. Made me feel as though I didn't exist. In fact they returned my P45!

The only help I got was a reduction in Council Tax but certainly no Housing Benefit. As much as I agree with the need to reduce the country's debt, I do wonder where all these 'so called' private sector jobs are going to come from to cater for the 'long over due' reduction in the Public sector jobs.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Christies Child wrote:.....and don't forget that JSA is only for 6 months and then it's 'sod all'.

When I was out of work, at the end of the 6 months the Job Centre didin't want to know me and admitted that I wasn't included in the Jobless figures. Made me feel as though I didn't exist. In fact they returned my P45!

The only help I got was a reduction in Council Tax but certainly no Housing Benefit. As much as I agree with the need to reduce the country's debt, I do wonder where all these 'so called' private sector jobs are going to come from to cater for the 'long over due' reduction in the Public sector jobs.

so after six months you get no benefit's at all and they let you starve?
George Dawes

Postby essex_shrimp » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Hope not surly not only in France they do this really do
essex_shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:52 pm

DawZi wrote:
Christies Child wrote:.....and don't forget that JSA is only for 6 months and then it's 'sod all'.

so after six months you get no benefit's at all and they let you starve?

Can only tell you what applied in my case and a lot of others.

There were times when I wished I was of another race. Fortunately I was able to get a job before the rot really set in, although I had to take a 50% pay cut. At 60 I dread to think what I would do if I found myself in the same situation again.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Income Based JSA - As the name suggests, this is based on a customer's income. CC wasn't eligible for this due to the fact his wife earns more than the threshold. When the calculation is made, savings over a certain amount and any pensions are taken into account. There is no limit on how long an individual/couple can claim this form of JSA.

Contribution Based JSA - This is based on an individual's National Insurance contributions in the previous 2 tax years. Other forms of household income are ignored up to a point. Unfortunately, it tends to be the case that only full-time workers have paid enough NI contributions to qualify. There is a 6 month limit on this form of JSA, after which a customer has to either submit a change of circumstancs form for reassessment for income based, sign off or stay on the books (as it were) and simply get...

Credits only - Basically, a customer gets no monetry value but Jobcentre Plus continues to 'pay' an individual's NI contributions. CC could have chosen this option but few can be bothered continuing to sign every 2 weeks when they are getting next to nothing for it.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 am

I took 5 weeks unpaid holiday in February for a jaunt to Burma and Cambodia.
When I got back to work I couldn't get in the mood, pissed off with being taken for granted all the time.
So I jacked it in.
I've paid into the system without a break since I was 17, and thought I'd at least get JSA for a few months.
No chance, knocked down on Income Based JSA.
I could have signed on to get my NI stamp paid, but no point for me.
So every day's a holiday.
Driving up to Westgate Caravan Park tomorrow.
Hope the sun's 8-) shining
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:49 am

Coming to Westgate tomorrow Peter? I hope you are aware we are playing Away ! :lol:

Presume you will still be here for the Barnet game.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 am

Peter wrote:I took 5 weeks unpaid holiday in February for a jaunt to Burma and Cambodia.
When I got back to work I couldn't get in the mood, pissed off with being taken for granted all the time.
So I jacked it in.
I've paid into the system without a break since I was 17, and thought I'd at least get JSA for a few months.
No chance, knocked down on Income Based JSA.
I could have signed on to get my NI stamp paid, but no point for me.
So every day's a holiday.
Driving up to Westgate Caravan Park tomorrow.
Hope the sun's 8-) shining

the last time i understood over 10yrs ago briefly there was no difference between the two, you got £110 a fortnight if i remember right just short of £60 a week anyone?
George Dawes

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:54 am

marky No.1 wrote:Coming to Westgate tomorrow Peter? I hope you are aware we are playing Away ! :lol:

I screwed-up :roll:
I booking the caravan before the fixture list came out :oops:

marky No.1 wrote:Presume you will still be here for the Barnet game.

Yep. Staying an extra night at Lancaster Kings Arms.
Never thought I'd be seeing the first home league win at The Globe! Perhaps I won't, but my fingers are crossed :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:03 am

As things are right now, to say the Barnet game is a Must Win is an understatement

We need to find that kitchen sink we used to have and start to throw it at them again !
Last edited by marky No.1 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:09 am

marky No.1 wrote:As things are right now, to say the Barnet game is a Must Win is an understatement

If it doesn't happen then some folk might consider their own future in whether or not they should continue attending The Globe.
So they could be making a 'Spending Cut'!
Back on topic now :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:33 am

And talking about benefits - watched blinded PC Rathband on TV this morning. He receives £18.95p per week:

The police officer blinded by Raoul Moat has described the level of mobility payment he has been awarded as unfair. Pc David Rathband was shot in the face and chest by the gunman on 4 July.

A spokesman for the department for Work and Pensions said: “We are indebted to Pc Rathband for his bravery and we want to ensure he receives all the benefits he is entitled to.”

Meanwhile

The self-confessed Raoul Moat “fan” who took three of her kids to the killer’s funeral is raking in benefits totalling £33,000 a year.

Mother-of-eight Teresa Bystram, 53, paid for the trip out of her bumper handouts in tax credits, income support, housing and child benefits and council tax allowance. The taxpayers’ cash spent on jobless Bystram is equivalent to a salary of more than £41,000 before deductions.That’s at least £6,000 more than that earned by officers like PC David Rathband.

And

Former Chief Constable Peter Neyroud earned £195,000 a year as boss of the NPIA, whose employment package included a Westminster apartment — in a block that has a gym, pool, sauna and valet parking — within walking distance of the agency offices. It cost the taxpayer £23,200 in 2008-09. (Despite living within commuting distance of the office).

As a perk of the job, the flat has an income tax demand of approximately £9,000 a year, which the NPIA confirmed it has paid for a number of years.

Conclusion

This reminds me of the wounded amputee soldier who received a few grand while an MOD secretary who slipped on a banana skin (or whatever the story was) was awarded tens of thousands. Senior police managers call this kind of thing ‘signposting’. It clearly shows what we can expect, as we go unarmed, into dangerous situations which may end badly for us.

I predict an apology and withdrawal of the assessment figure. It’s a shame that PC Rathband had to go on Twitter to publicise the issue. As usual, the so-called ‘top’ echelons meet in full circle with the ‘bottom’ of the pile while the rest of us pay for it, leaving genuine cases abandoned.

PC Rathband’s statement

Today Pc Rathband said: ‘I’m really annoyed. For some reason they seem to think that I don’t need that much help getting around.

‘If only they knew how hard it is being blind. I need help just to get to the end of my garage. Each day is a challenge to get about.

‘As a blind person you have to learn a route in your mind, if it’s walking to the shops and back, and it’s taken me six weeks just to do that.

‘How on earth does that make me mobile?

‘I’m going to appeal the decision. I don’t know if I’ll win or not but this is a point of principle.’

As for Teresa Bystram, she will carry on regardless. I doubt anyone will question her benefits. And Neyroud? having dodged the streets for a decade of two – just been appointed as head of a new ‘police leadership’ committee, no doubt at vast expense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
marky No.1

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:22 pm

marky No.1 wrote:And talking about benefits - watched blinded PC Rathband on TV this morning. He receives £18.95p per week:

The police officer blinded by Raoul Moat has described the level of mobility payment he has been awarded as unfair. Pc David Rathband was shot in the face and chest by the gunman on 4 July.

A spokesman for the department for Work and Pensions said: “We are indebted to Pc Rathband for his bravery and we want to ensure he receives all the benefits he is entitled to.”

Meanwhile

The self-confessed Raoul Moat “fan” who took three of her kids to the killer’s funeral is raking in benefits totalling £33,000 a year.

Mother-of-eight Teresa Bystram, 53, paid for the trip out of her bumper handouts in tax credits, income support, housing and child benefits and council tax allowance. The taxpayers’ cash spent on jobless Bystram is equivalent to a salary of more than £41,000 before deductions.That’s at least £6,000 more than that earned by officers like PC David Rathband.

And

Former Chief Constable Peter Neyroud earned £195,000 a year as boss of the NPIA, whose employment package included a Westminster apartment — in a block that has a gym, pool, sauna and valet parking — within walking distance of the agency offices. It cost the taxpayer £23,200 in 2008-09. (Despite living within commuting distance of the office).

As a perk of the job, the flat has an income tax demand of approximately £9,000 a year, which the NPIA confirmed it has paid for a number of years.

Conclusion

This reminds me of the wounded amputee soldier who received a few grand while an MOD secretary who slipped on a banana skin (or whatever the story was) was awarded tens of thousands. Senior police managers call this kind of thing ‘signposting’. It clearly shows what we can expect, as we go unarmed, into dangerous situations which may end badly for us.

I predict an apology and withdrawal of the assessment figure. It’s a shame that PC Rathband had to go on Twitter to publicise the issue. As usual, the so-called ‘top’ echelons meet in full circle with the ‘bottom’ of the pile while the rest of us pay for it, leaving genuine cases abandoned.

PC Rathband’s statement

Today Pc Rathband said: ‘I’m really annoyed. For some reason they seem to think that I don’t need that much help getting around.

‘If only they knew how hard it is being blind. I need help just to get to the end of my garage. Each day is a challenge to get about.

‘As a blind person you have to learn a route in your mind, if it’s walking to the shops and back, and it’s taken me six weeks just to do that.

‘How on earth does that make me mobile?

‘I’m going to appeal the decision. I don’t know if I’ll win or not but this is a point of principle.’

As for Teresa Bystram, she will carry on regardless. I doubt anyone will question her benefits. And Neyroud? having dodged the streets for a decade of two – just been appointed as head of a new ‘police leadership’ committee, no doubt at vast expense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Rathband story is typical tabloid bullshit. He should be compared with other people of the same disability, how he got his injuries doesn't matter. He's not living on £18, he still has his full police salary. If he had the same injuries but caused by a road accident for example he'd still get the same amount but people wouldn't be moaning about it. The DWP isn't there to hand out some sort of hero benefit based on how the injuries or disability were caused.

If the £18 isn't enough for someone with that disability then it's not enough across the board, not just for him.
durhamshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:09 am

How many spurious Public Sector job adverts is The Guardian running with at the moment?
Plain Peter

Previous

Return to General Discussion