Joey Barton - your views

Joey Barton - your views

Postby shrimper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:18 pm

1 Should Newcastle sack him?
2 Will they?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Joey Barton - your views

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:27 pm

1. Yes - cancel contract
2. Yes - then they will renegotiate it? :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Keithing Keither!

Throw away the key i say, i'm sure i read or heard somewhere today hes getting out early to get back training with Newcastle? Surely not true.
Sammy h

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:22 pm

How this guy got away with this one is beyond belief. I for one am sick to death of hearing the Barton families name (and let's not forget his "not so" illustrious brother here either. A life sentence was it for that axe murder in Liverpool???) in the news for all their wrong doings.

Newcastle should sack him off and get rid. From what I believe, he'll hardly be sorely missed up there.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Skid » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:How this guy got away with this one is beyond belief. I for one am sick to death of hearing the Barton families name (and let's not forget his "not so" illustrious brother here either. A life sentence was it for that axe murder in Liverpool???)

Since when is Joey Barton responsible for his brothers actions?
Skid

Postby admiral47 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Having seen his first attack on the box- it was vicuous - I think they should have extened is sentence and definately been sacked. Do you really want a thug representing your team? If it was anyone else they would more than likely loose their job -why not a footballer?
admiral47

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:49 pm

Todays SUN newspaper

Joey Barton's career is effectively over after he was sacked by Newcastle
HALMA 1983

Postby mazatec » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:39 pm

newcastle should sack him immediately, and then take him for every penny in compensation.for the trouble he has caused
mazatec

Postby dave wilky » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Good riddence to bad rubbish......... :x
dave wilky

Postby Skid » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:03 pm

mazatec wrote:newcastle should sack him immediately, and then take him for every penny in compensation.for the trouble he has caused

Take him for every penny? For what exactly?
Skid

Postby sumo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:11 pm

How often do a team throw away a £6m pound investment unless they can recoup the money somehow.
sumo

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:25 pm

they should get rid of him waste of space
heysham_mfc

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:05 pm

Yet another example of an over hyped over paid yobbo thinking that he is above the law no doubt he was well looked after and treated as the big star in prison Newcastle would be well rid of the clown
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Curly » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:10 am

When the poor lad gets out of prison, he should be sent on a nice holiday, possibly a safari in Africa at the tax payers expense. He should also sue the government and the breweries for making alcohol so freely available and containing such high levels of alcohol.

Curly,
Rampton.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Crimson Crust » Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 pm

shrimper wrote:1 Should Newcastle sack him?
2 Will they?

And a season later!? :evil:
Crimson Crust

Postby scalehallshrimp » Thu May 07, 2009 2:34 pm

should have been dismissed ages ago,what role model is he for todays youth,nothing but a thug
scalehallshrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:48 pm

TBH - whilst the tackle Barton committed probably merited a red card it was no worse than others I've seen this season (many going unpunished). Unfortunately for Barton, his reputation precedes him. Newcastle are making him a scapegoat for their short comings. Burton is pretty immaterial in their season, with the squad of players they have they should be good enough to stay up regardless of his inclusion. Now that it looks likely that they will drop, they are looking for a blame figure.

Seasider9601, completely irrelevant. Even if they were real brothers who had grown up with each other it is still a pretty flawed argument to look at Barton's character as a person and relate them to the actions of an entirely different individual.
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Thu May 07, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu May 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Barton's a thug. Sack him now Newcastle :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu May 07, 2009 4:48 pm

1 of course not didnt think it was a red card to be honest strong tackle of course but as red red wine says loads go unpunished where they should get cards and im a liverpool fan
2 when they get relegated he may go and find another club anway

just overhype because of who he is
dont like the guy for whaty hes done on and off the pitch but hes been given chances and must be half decent to be playing in the premiership anyway well at least for now
Shrimpsscene

Postby Hodgie » Thu May 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:1 of course not didnt think it was a red card to be honest strong tackle of course but as red red wine says loads go unpunished where they should get cards and im a liverpool fan

dont like the guy for whaty hes done on and off the pitch but hes been given chances and must be half decent to be playing in the premiership anyway well at least for now

Have to agree with you ,
let's all be honest ,Roy Keene was far worse and he never got banned.
Hodgie

Postby Keith » Thu May 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:1 of course not didnt think it was a red card to be honest strong tackle of course but as red red wine says loads go unpunished where they should get cards and im a liverpool fan

You realise the questions you are answering are almost a year old? He should have been thrown out of football originally, a year on and a jail sentence later, he's still a little thug.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Castaway » Thu May 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Scumbag... is my constructive contribution to this debate.
Castaway

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu May 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Keith wrote:

You realise the questions you are answering are almost a year old? He should have been thrown out of football originally, a year on and a jail sentence later, he's still a little thug

but he didnt did he? and was allowed to play football at the highest level so must have the talent perhaps they should have done that with bowyer but they didnt
marlon king no they didnt
loads of examples footballers will always get away with these sorts of things

back to the question about the tackle agree with hodgie
mcmahon souness smith committed far worse
Shrimpsscene

Postby Crimson Crust » Thu May 07, 2009 6:09 pm

The tackle was reckless. Having seen it a few times, i thought it was a potential legbreaker.
He had no need to make a challenge in that area, and after "The Messiah" told him to keep a cool head. This guy is obviously a Strawberry short of a punnet. Whilst i agree there have been worse challenges this season. He is still a liability and should be struck off. I always gave him the benefit of doubt and now i don't know why? He needs help! A player with talent sadly going to waste.
Crimson Crust

Postby carlos » Thu May 07, 2009 10:42 pm

he has been given so many chances others people would love the life hes been given in football yet he chooses to piss it away more then once how many chances would normal people get!!!!!
carlos

Next

Return to General Discussion