League 2 Transfer updates

League 2 Transfer updates

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:57 am

http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/news/l ... &id=452162

Not a great deal of incomers at a few clubs.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: League 2 Transfer updates

Postby shrimper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:28 am

From that lot, then.

Bury and Rotherham look to have made decent improvements to already good sides.

Keep an eye on Notts County but they will need to make two or three more very good signings (if they do have new money coming in) to make any impact.

I think Grimsby will do much better than last season.

Crewe and Northampton - don't know enough about them to comment.

Nothing to fear from the rest unless they make significant signings in the next few weeks.

IMO
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Duffman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:51 am

shrimper wrote:From that lot, then.

Bury and Rotherham look to have made decent improvements to already good sides.

Keep an eye on Notts County but they will need to make two or three more very good signings (if they do have new money coming in) to make any impact.

I think Grimsby will do much better than last season.

Crewe and Northampton - don't know enough about them to comment.

Nothing to fear from the rest unless they make significant signings in the next few weeks.

IMO

Couldn't agree more, they'll be part of my seasonal football bets. Still hard to tell with clubs only just going back to pre-season training but Bury and Rotherham have outlined their intent. I think some team in Yorkshire might challenge for promotion but expectation there is always too high and could prove their downfall (again).
Duffman

Postby BLS BOY » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:12 am

Callum wrote:Couldn't agree more, they'll be part of my seasonal football bets. Still hard to tell with clubs only just going back to pre-season training but Bury and Rotherham have outlined their intent. I think some team in Yorkshire might challenge for promotion but expectation there is always too high and could prove their downfall (again).

Yeh, Rotherham!

In reference to our Bantam friends, i wonder how long it will be before firthy sex god (sic) comes along spouting his mouth off....they'll have no excuse this season regards allocation!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:55 am

There's a lot of changes there for sure. Clubs like Darlo and Macclesfield have virtually traded a whole team (10 in and 15 out).

The one sure thing is that Clubs are cutting back on their squads. Obviuosly there will be aquistions over the next few weeks but from that list there is a total of about 70 players coming IN and 170 OUT
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Notts takeover deal went through a couple of days ago. I expect them to start bringing in 3 or 4 quality players before the start of the season. Myles Weston will sign for Brentford, to be closer to his native London. I think this is quite a big blow for Notts, seemingly they offered him much better terms but he still turned them down. Very talented player, one to watch.

Interesting to see that Notts price has been cut from 33/1 to 12/1 and shorter in most places.
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:26 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

There's a lot of changes there for sure. Clubs like Darlo and Macclesfield have virtually traded a whole team (10 in and 15 out).

The one sure thing is that Clubs are cutting back on their squads. Obviuosly there will be aquistions over the next few weeks but from that list there is a total of about 70 players coming IN and 170 OUT

Not surprising though at this stage of the close-season.
Clubs release players several at a time and then bring them in one or two at a time later on. But I agree, I think a lot will be working with smaller squads, trying to use the wages from two or three 'squad' players to bring in one on decent wages. Then they'll supplement with loanees.

EDIT: And, having said that I'd keep an eye on Notts County, they've just signed Ben Davies, midfield lynchpin from Shrewsbury and they must have offered more than a couple of interested League One clubs to do it...... odds will be shortening by the day if that's a sign of things to come. Still doesn't mean they'll challenge straight away but.... maybe worth a saver bet right now.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion