still on track

Re: still on track

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:how much stick would we get though if we had susans pies written on the front of our shirt

Quite right, it should be on the back of the shorts :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Also I can confirm that the HOME and away shirts are now in stock....
thegentlegiant

Postby harty_shrimp » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:40 pm

i agree with your points guys, is there no local sponsorship going on at the club at all ? just curios. thanks
harty_shrimp

Postby Harry » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:06 pm

MFC don't pay to advertise Bench on their shirts...Bench pay the club so they can have their logo on the shirt.

The local businesses you speak of have far smaller advertising budgets so advertise in the programme or on advertising hoardings around the pitch.
Harry

Postby harty_shrimp » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:10 pm

ok harry thanks for clearing that up fro me. i was also wandering if morcambe fc did anything in the community such as charity donations/ fund rasieers or anything as i would be interested in helping out with this.
harty_shrimp

Postby outsider » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:34 pm

All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Number 1 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:35 pm

harty_shrimp wrote:i like the design of the new shirt but i have a slight query about the bench logo. it looks very wierd and why are the club trying to advertise this company:S local businesses are going under and surely the right thing to do would to do something like villa/barca and actually PAY to advertise a local company instead of a giant MNC? somewhere such as susans pies ( local to C.P, john martins or kennys fish and chips? ) all very local and would appreciate the custom and revenue potential? maybe this is a bit optimistic in this era of the " money first, community after " football.
anyway, just my point of view

Part of that answer would lie in the question "How much have they put into Morecambe FC over the years?" and if the answer is nothing, then why not? Considering that things such as advertising and sponsorship is tax deductable. Actually, the shirt sponsor used to be done at the gala draw, and the winner had their name on the shirts. And that only cost £100 or so I think. Nowadays its just the big advert in the middle of the pitch you win, as shirt sponsorship has become bigger business.

In any case, last time I looked, Unicef and Acorns were charities, and the relative clubs can well afford to do what they have. Clubs like ours need every penny they can get.
Number 1

Postby harty_shrimp » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 pm

i have to agree with you there number 1 :)
i do like susans pies tho dey are so nice
harty_shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion