We all want a 20 goal hero

Re: We all want a 20 goal hero

Postby Posh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:17 pm

KevS wrote:come on it near enough says exactly the same

No its completely different.

Morecambe FC wrote:The Shrimps have agreed personal terms with a new striker.

They did.

Morecambe FC wrote:The front man is now set to have a medical at Christie Park early next week before putting pen to paper.

A medical was arranged and the player was fully expected to attend.

Morecambe FC wrote:we hope the deal will be finalised next week.

Not even cocky about it. No deal done but "we hope it will be finalised next week".

Some people (very few) moan when the club provides no information but when it does and its completely factually accurate they then get slagged off by you for doing so.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Smeggy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:23 pm

IMO it would be better for the club to say nothing at all until its signed. They built the fans hopes up with that statement and it very frustrating when it doesn't come off.
Smeggy

Postby feelingguilty » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Yep its frustrating.

Imagine how Sammy and the management team feel - we have all read a few articles on internet - they have spent days and weeks trying to sort this out.

As I said on an earlier post this morning City fans thought they had signed Eto - its not unprofessional management, its not unprofessional players / agents - everyone is playing a negotiating game and trying to get the best deal they can.

We probably had to announce something to prove to the player we were interested.
feelingguilty

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 pm

I've been on about lack of info about signings for long enough now. So what happens when the Board do divulge some info, the player concerned picks aclub nearer to his home no doubt along with his agent hedging his bets in the process?

The most annoying part of all this is the actual timing.

He signed for Linfield on the 25th. Nobody can convince me that he and his agent had not been in serious discussions with Linfield for some time and that he used us as bait for Linfield to capitalize on.

The Board will probably think twice about making statements in the future and I for one cannot blame them.

A case of damned if you do....and damned if you don't.

:( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Smeggy wrote:IMO it would be better for the club to say nothing at all until its signed. They built the fans hopes up with that statement and it very frustrating when it doesn't come off.

And when the board say nothing they get slagged off on this forum for lack of news.

I've hung around a few signing events (for the photos) and the agent's tactics have to be seen to be believed. They negotiate deals in advance of the meeting. When they get there, it's safe to assume the club are seriously interested so they try to up the deals thinking that if the club are so serious, they won't mind paying a bit extra. The agents are ready and quite willing to walk out if the club don't meet the new demands. As others have said, one interested club is bargaining power for the agent talking with other clubs.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Some people are being very harsh on the club like others have pointed out the club last week said personal terms had been agreed that does not mean the player will sign a contract it means that we have spoken to the player and he has agreed to sign for us it is not Sammy or the boards fault if that player then signs for someone else.
heysham_mfc

Postby campdave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:22 pm

There's nowt as queer as folk.

If I was a director at the club, I'd wonder why I bothered if I ever read this board.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:31 pm

campdave wrote:There's nowt as queer as folk.

If I was a director at the club, I'd wonder why I bothered if I ever read this board.

Board meetings would be a barrel of laughs with you on board!
:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:05 pm

campdave wrote:There's nowt as queer as folk.

Absolutely. And it's a good job they are more committed and thick-skinned than I suspect a lot of us are.

It wouldn't take too many people calling me 'unprofessional' when I've spent so much time and effort to sign a player for a club I've already invested thousands of pounds in for me to jack it all in.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:51 am

shrimper wrote:It wouldn't take too many people calling me 'unprofessional' when I've spent so much time and effort to sign a player for a club I've already invested thousands of pounds in for me to jack it all in.

Don't worry yourselves. As GH says he will move on to the next one. He has previously dealt with bankers and the Caravan mafia so a few jumped up football agents won't be bothering him :lol:

Picture the scene if it was down to the fans:
waterduck.png
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion