We all want a 20 goal hero

We all want a 20 goal hero

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:33 pm

TEAMtalk is full of managers all saying that they are looking for that elusive 20 goals a season target.

Sammy has his work cut out even competing in the wages stake, so IF he manages to bring somebody in, he'll have worked a bloody miracle.

Rumours of Michael Proctor coming on trial still persist, so the first day of training should be interesting...assuming of course that it's of interest to fellow SVs. ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: We all want a 20 goal hero

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Of course it is cc dont know what we would do without your inside info to keep us up to speed, Good job fella ;) ;) ;) ;) and dont let anyone tell you otherwise
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 pm

I'd be happy to see a couple of loan players up front. Surely Man City/Utd, Blackburn, Liverpool etc must have players that would benefit from a season in Division Two, especially as Sammy has a track record of sending loan players back better than they arrived.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Keith wrote:I'd be happy to see a couple of loan players up front. Surely Man City/Utd, Blackburn, Liverpool etc must have players that would benefit from a season in Division Two, especially as Sammy has a track record of sending loan players back better than they arrived.

I agree they have some great players and it would be of benefit for both the player and us if we could get somone on loan
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:24 am

I would agree but Sammy has never throughout his managerial career taken any loanees from Man Utd (no doubt somebody will possibly prove me wrong).

Sammy said his first priority was to get in strikers who were ours NOT loanees. However things to date appear not to have developed the way we all would like, so he may have to resort to the loan market.

You never know there may be a couple of new faces at the first training session. ;) ;) ;)

Still plenty of time before the first league game. Remember Howe wasn't brought in until the eve of the season.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am

CC when do you know if and when the team will start training up at the Uni?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am

Here's the one we missed, though

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1707196,00.html

Not happy at all, I understand. He had given us all the right noises and we were confident he'd be coming.

** It was Curtis Allen, by the way.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:09 am

Sounds as though he didn't fancy crossing the water.

This is the second projected signing to renage on a deal!

Lack of ambition or a 'home loving boy'....oh well we now move on.

The rumours surrounding Michael Proctor may have some creedance. I understand he lives close to Wrexham where new boy Moss lives as well. Share car journeys along with Arts?
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:13 am

shrimper wrote:Here's the one we missed, though

Not happy at all, I understand. He had given us all the right noises and we were confident he'd be coming.

My brother supports Distillery.
campdave

Postby Duffman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:15 am

shrimper wrote:Here's the one we missed, though

He sounded like a great player. Perhaps people might disagree but it shows a complete lack of ambition on his part. It might be because he's young and it's a big step to take but surely the English leagues are a more mouthwatering prospect than playing in front of crowds of less than 1000 each week (except when Linfield are at home, they get around 2300 a game).
Duffman

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:22 am

Wrexham fans can't wait for proctor to leave they even think they should pay him up, they seem to say he wasn't to clever last season in the conference even though he was given enough chances.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby John L » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:04 am

P/T Indie wrote:Wrexham fans can't wait for proctor to leave they even think they should pay him up, they seem to say he wasn't to clever last season in the conference even though he was given enough chances.

Sounds a bit like what Chesterfield fans were saying about Barry Roche! Perhaps a change of scenery would do him good? ;)
John L

Postby KevS » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:09 am

Its our own fault we are going to keep missing out on these players if its going to keep taking us a week to sort the medicals out other sides agree terms and get the medicals done and a deal signed and sealed in the same day and untill we can start been proffesional like that we are going to keep missing out.
KevS

Postby campdave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:27 am

KevS wrote:Its our own fault we are going to keep missing out on these players if its going to keep taking us a week to sort the medicals out other sides agree terms and get the medicals done and a deal signed and sealed in the same day and untill we can start been proffesional like that we are going to keep missing out.

Hope Sammy and the board are reading this, they could all take heed of this sage wisdom from this expert in the field.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:34 am

KevS wrote:Its our own fault we are going to keep missing out on these players if its going to keep taking us a week to sort the medicals out other sides agree terms and get the medicals done and a deal signed and sealed in the same day and untill we can start been proffesional like that we are going to keep missing out.

I think you're being grossly unfair Kev.

We would give them medicals and sign them within an hour if the players and their agents would agree. But we can't kidnap them. They will always talk to one club then play them off against another until they get the best deal.

Our officials work very hard to get their targets.

Where we do miss out is when we simply can't (or won't because of what we value a player at) pay what another club is offering. It's nothing to do with being unprofessional.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby KevS » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:53 pm

This player was happy to come last week we had areed terms both partys were happy no kidnapping needed if he had had the medical he would have signed instead in the 5 days he has been waiting sombody else has come in and completed the deal beind our backs why can other clubs complete the deal so quickly and we can't?
KevS

Postby Duffman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:00 pm

KevS wrote:This player was happy to come last week we had areed terms both partys were happy no kidnapping needed if he had had the medical he would have signed instead in the 5 days he has been waiting sombody else has come in and completed the deal beind our backs why can other clubs complete the deal so quickly and we can't?

He might have wanted to join Linfield all along and just delayed his transfer to us in a hope they would sign him. The player and his agent would have known about Linfield's interest long ago but used "almost signing for us" as a way to push through his deal to Linfield. If it didn't work out, signing for an English club with Sammy Mc as manager isn't all bad.

I think it's called hedging your bets. That's my theory anyway.
Duffman

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:02 pm

unlucky not to sign him after we were so close but I am sure we can get someone else in

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/irish/roon ... 923624.htm
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:17 pm

KevS wrote:This player was happy to come last week we had areed terms both partys were happy no kidnapping needed if he had had the medical he would have signed instead in the 5 days he has been waiting sombody else has come in and completed the deal beind our backs why can other clubs complete the deal so quickly and we can't?

Linfield didn't come in behind our backs - we knew they were interested, as were Dundalk, Bohemians, West Brom and Scunthorpe.

I know how it may seem but I reckon that's naive. I just don't think we say 'no, don't rush, just come over in your own time' and risk getting gazumped and I think it's unfair to think our club works like that.

We'll have tried to get him over as soon as we could. Players and their agents play one club off against another all the time and that's what's happened here.
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:25 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:unlucky not to sign him after we were so close but I am sure we can get someone else in

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/irish/roon ... 923624.htm

Reading that he is known as an Irish Shrek :lol:

We maybe failed because we were looking for a 20 goal striker when he had actually scored 40 incl pre-season. with free kicks like this you can maybe see why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... dXb6PbuNXw
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby feelingguilty » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:54 pm

To call the management unprofessional is really harsh, transfers are a complex negotiation between player, club and agent and unless you are in the room and can read everybody's mind you are unable to tell what has truly gone on.

If a club is unprofessional if they miss out on a player who has "agreed" to join, I wish we were as unprofessional as:

Real Madrid - took them a year to sign Ronaldo, Villa was in the bag.
Man United - Ronaldo who had agreed to resign - over the last two weeks - Tevez, Ribery, Villa
Man City - pick a player - but look at what is happening with Eto now. Kaka had signed if you belive their PR.

Could put every club in the world on this list as players / agents manipulate them to get the best deal - think we have handled ourselves really well.

No wild rumours from club about who we are attempting to sign (all generated by fans) - would bet a load of other deals have gone wrong and we dont even know - thats football in today's market.

Could look at this lad as lack of ambition or would a homesick youngster really play to his full potential?
feelingguilty

Postby KevS » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

It is unprofessional to come out and virtully announce you have signed a player when it is nowhere near done then we are not talking speculation here our official website came out and said this.
KevS

Postby The Red Knight » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm

KevS wrote:It is unprofessional to come out and virtully announce you have signed a player when it is nowhere near done then we are not talking speculation here our official website came out and said this.

This is what was posted on the official site:
The Shrimps have agreed personal terms with a new striker.

The front man is now set to have a medical at Christie Park early next week before putting pen to paper.

Vice-chairman Graham Hodgson said: "He is an exciting prospect and has attracted a lot of interest from other clubs but talks have gone well and we hope the deal will be finalised next week.''

Mr Hodgson also said talks with an experienced right back were at an advanced stage.

Please tell me what is wrong or factually incorrect about that statement?

It's hardly the same as what York did, announcing that players had signed for them even though they hadn't.
The Red Knight

Postby KevS » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:05 pm

come on it near enough says exactly the same
KevS

Postby shrimper » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Red Knight beat me to it.... but also..Graham said, in The Visitor:

"Nothing's certain, of course, until the paperwork is done but it's looking very positive."

They can't win can they? I wouldn't blame them at all for saying: "We're not saying anything at all - not even if we're in talks with a player - until he's had his medical, we've signed and registered him."

Then fans would say: "Why don't the club tell us anything? Why are we kept in the dark? It seems like there's a complete lack of activity in the transfer market?" etc

Sorry to go on about it but the board all work really hard to do what's right for the club (and, therefore, what gives us our enjoyment throughout the season). And I, for one, appreciate their hard work.

They put their time and money into making sure we progress - and we've progressed far further than this town really deserves, in view of the crowds the club attracts.

Not every single decision will go 100% right, there are so many made every season.

But to call them unprofessional in this matter is just not fair.
shrimper

Next

Return to General Discussion