Gareth Evans

Gareth Evans

Postby Howe Magic » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Just seen on Bbc website that Lincoln are not willing to pay lump sum for Gareth only appearance related fee - i think we should grab this chance to sign him - the lad scored 12 goals last season in very poor side
Howe Magic

Re: Gareth Evans

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:57 pm

we should give him a chance rather than go for an unproven non-leauge player
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 pm

http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/ ... pic=169380

Wonder if he's on Sammy's list..... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:59 pm

Has evidently agreed terms with Lincoln being a free agent BUT as he's under 24 a fee decided by tribunal looks to be the only way that Lincoln can get their man.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:15 pm

i suppose he's a good age, and will only get better..

still wished we'd kept D O'Carrol, one more season and had a good look at him, as i still say he never got a fair crack of the whip
George Dawes

Postby Abbo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:53 pm

totally agree, stupid to let O'Carroll go after only 1 season, i liked his style, took no prisoners and got stuck in.
All i read on here is that there are loads of players out there looking for clubs !!!!!! and how hard it is for the club to entice players to our club. So surely it would have been better to keep hold of O'Carroll and give him a good run in the side.
Abbo

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:44 pm

I was told on more than one occasion the O'Carroll was very home sick. I never spoke to him so I don't know for sure but sometimes there are other aspects at play beyond the obvious 'on the field'?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Keith wrote:
I was told on more than one occasion the O'Carroll was very home sick.

That's funny because I ran into him at the awards evening and he seemed very cheerey.
Little Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:59 pm

IF we are struggling to bring in a striker (and it looks at the moment that we may well be) then was letting O'Carroll go without a replacement lined up a bad mistake?

Maybe their is somebody already lined up but due to contractual reasons the club can't divulge who it is.

A certain Jon Newby is on the lookout for another club. Another example of letting an underused striker go, even though he ended up as the clubs leading scorer in season 2007/08.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:IF we are struggling to bring in a striker (and it looks at the moment that we may well be) then was letting O'Carroll go without a replacement lined up a bad mistake?

Maybe their is somebody already lined up but due to contractual reasons the club can't divulge who it is.

A certain Jon Newby is on the lookout for another club. Another example of letting an underused striker go, even though he ended up as the clubs leading scorer in season 2007/08.

Most contracts don't expire until 30 June and until that date they are still legally registered with their existing club. Once that date comes just wait for the action !!
At the moment only the less good players with a few exceptions are committing themselves to new clubs.
Danny Carlton will always be held in high esteem here because of that goal and others he got but we must be looking for someone with more quality.
Ryan Lowe is nearly 31 years of age and really only 1 good goal-scoring season in his career. Would we want him?
The best players are still out there weighing up their options and I have faith that Sammy will bring in what we all want.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:IF we are struggling to bring in a striker (and it looks at the moment that we may well be) then was letting O'Carroll go without a replacement lined up a bad mistake?

Most contracts don't expire until 30 June and until that date they are still legally registered with their existing club. Once that date comes just wait for the action !!
At the moment only the less good players with a few exceptions are committing themselves to new clubs.
Danny Carlton will always be held in high esteem here because of that goal and others he got but we must be looking for someone with more quality.
Ryan Lowe is nearly 31 years of age and really only 1 good goal-scoring season in his career. Would we want him?
The best players are still out there weighing up their options and I have faith that Sammy will bring in what we all want.

Well said :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby John L » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:The best players are still out there weighing up their options and I have faith that Sammy will bring in what we all want.

I hope you're right! :?
John L

Postby Mark S » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:38 am

Of course he is right. The players that are free now are (and this may be harsh) cast offs.

The real action starts on July 1st.

I am sure we are 'talking' to quite a few targets.

Trust in Sammy ;)
Mark S

Postby marky » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:24 am

And the players that will be available at the start of July are also cast-offs, just later additions to the cast-off pile...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:21 am

marky wrote:And the players that will be available at the start of July are also cast-offs, just later additions to the cast-off pile...

No. The big difference is that the majority of players who have been signing for new clubs up to now have been freed by their clubs because they have NOT been offered a new contract.

The players who are free from 1st July have been offered new contracts by their clubs but cannot sign for a new club until their contracts expire on 30 June. These are the calibre of players we are looking to sign. The lad at Accrington Jimmy Ryan has been offered a new contract but is stalling and I would like us to sign him if possible.

Macclesfield have signed quite a number of players so far but none are of the quality that would improve our squad.

Does anyone really think Sammy and Mark would let 3 strikers leave (Howe , O'Carroll and Blinkhorn) unless he was sure he could sign better replacements.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:02 am

I know what you are saying but I along with others get slightly concerned when we see and hear of other teams in our league getting players they have targeted ie Bury.

Sammy appears to have failed in his defensive target and now also a striker.

Let's hope that July 1 brings us the news we all want.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:48 am

Christies Child wrote:I know what you are saying but I along with others get slightly concerned when we see and hear of other teams in our league getting players they have targeted ie Bury.

Sammy appears to have failed in his defensive target and now also a striker.

Let's hope that July 1 brings us the news we all want.

I think that the conclusion to come to is that Sammy did not target Danny Carlton as I think if he had we would have signed him.

We don't know that he targeted Ryan Lowe. I suspect he didn't.

The lad from Gravesend and Northfleet wasn't on anyone round here's radar.

The best players are still keeping their options open until they are free on 1 July.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:22 am

FOR GODS SAKE LET SAMMY AND MARK GET ON WITH THE JOB OF BRINGING PLAYERS IN .... Whoever they bring in will be good for some fans and bad for others thats how it goes KEEP THE FAITH
Howe Magic

Postby Mark S » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:29 am

Howe Magic wrote:FOR GODS SAKE LET SAMMY AND MARK GET ON WITH THE JOB OF BRINGING PLAYERS IN .... Whoever they bring in will be good for some fans and bad for others thats how it goes KEEP THE FAITH

John Do you have anger issues? Whats all the shouting about?

This is a discussion board about Morecambe FC. One of the topics is about signings. Its only natural. Go on any message board and the same subject is there to see.

If we only kept to subjects that concerned us and that we could have an influence on, we may as well shut the board down! :lol:

I purposely havent joined in any speculation and I do trust in Sammy (as I said a bit further up), but I can understand why other people do want to discuss.

In short, if you dont like this subject, just ignore it is the best advice. May help to keep your blood pressure down ;)
Mark S

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:51 am

No i dont have anger issues mark .... Just a bit annoyed thats all - as already said on this board the real transfer action will start in july when contracts run out - july will be a very busy month in my opinion
Howe Magic

Postby jason anderton » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:06 am

why do we need to argue about this guys? we are one as supporters for our team there is no need to bicker and quarrel is there reallly.
we are one team, one club ONE MORCAM!
jason anderton

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:49 pm

he's probably going down a list of players, and by the looks of things we've been blown out by a few

couldn't care less if we sign a right back, we have plenty of cover there
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:26 pm

DawZi wrote:he's probably going down a list of players, and by the looks of things we've been blown out by a few

couldn't care less if we sign a right back, we have plenty of cover there

There was nothing wrong with the right back we had anyway , i would say he was one of the more consistant players we had and one of the few who had the pace for this league. :o
parceldave

Postby Martin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Howe Magic wrote:FOR GODS SAKE LET SAMMY AND MARK GET ON WITH THE JOB OF BRINGING PLAYERS IN .... Whoever they bring in will be good for some fans and bad for others thats how it goes KEEP THE FAITH

Howe Magic wrote:No i dont have anger issues mark .... Just a bit annoyed thats all - as already said on this board the real transfer action will start in july when contracts run out - july will be a very busy month in my opinion

You're right of course. Whoever started this thread should be severely chastised!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Martin

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:59 pm

I hold my hands up - Martin i started the thread lol lol
Howe Magic

Next

Return to General Discussion