Coleman linked with Tranmere job

Coleman linked with Tranmere job

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:40 pm

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 12,00.html

Unbelievable!

What has he done at Accy since they got promoted?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Coleman linked with Tranmere job

Postby james456 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1836_5365412,00.html

Unbelievable!

Kept them up and guided them to a good midtable position with 300k debt, a nothing budget and probably the worst gates in the league who go to a tiny, godawful stadium
james456

Postby Howe Magic » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Personally hope Coley gets the tranmere job - worked is magic at accy and could do a good job at prenton park given the chance
Howe Magic

Postby steve mfc » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Getting Accy to where they are then and keeping them there is a major achievement when you consider the small budget he has had to work with.

He always seems to find some decent loan players to rescue their season, you couldn't blame him if he was to go with the recent cut in the playing budget and the uncertainty hanging over the club at the moment.

Its not the first time he has been linked to other managerial positions, if he was to go then Accy will find it very difficult to attract a decent replacement.
steve mfc

Postby Number 1 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:16 pm

steve mfc wrote:Getting Accy to where they are then and keeping them there is a major achievement when you consider the small budget he has had to work with.

He always seems to find some decent loan players to rescue their season, you couldn't blame him if he was to go with the recent cut in the playing budget and the uncertainty hanging over the club at the moment.

Its not the first time he has been linked to other managerial positions, if he was to go then Accy will find it very difficult to attract a decent replacement.

I was going to disagree with you there and say that a job as manager with a Football League club, no matter which club, is still a great job. But then I noticed you said "Decent" replacement which alters things slightly. I do think though that they would find someone experienced at FL level, and you never know, it might be a surprise. Micky Adams, former Premier League manager to Port Vale in League 2 might just be an indication of the kind of out of work manager who's wanting to get back into football. Although you don't see many nowadays, Accy are possibly the kind of team where a player manager might work.
Number 1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 pm

I don't think that in suggesting John Coleman has one of, if not the most difficult job in the entire football league is an over exaduration. He has proved that he can operate on a limited budget and produce the goods.
RedRedWine1

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:08 am

Christies Child wrote:http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1836_5365412,00.html

Unbelievable!

Coley has worked miracles to get a club like Accy, with the infrastructure of a Non-League Club, to where they are and then perhaps even harder keep them there.

I allways thought that once he gained experience and curbed his more excitable outbursts he could potentially become a very good manager further up the ladder.

GOOD LUCK Coley. You were a legend at Morecambe and you deserve a crack at a properly resourced club such as Tranmere!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:30 am

I hope he gets the job he has done a good job with keeping accy where they are
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 am

At least the players in Birkenhead would be able to understand him ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby james456 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:38 am

Accy will go down if he goes.
james456

Postby Howe Magic » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:44 am

If coley does leave i think a certain Paul Mullin could become new accy manager
Howe Magic

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:49 pm