O/T Win my Vote (local election)

O/T Win my Vote (local election)

Postby burple » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:19 am

I know I’m going to get shot down in flames here… I’ve never voted.

I’d like to give you some really profound reason for no voting, there would certainly be an element of truth in saying I find it really difficult to find out exactly what each party stands for in a clear and concise manor. But I guess the real truth is laziness.

Anyway I realise how important it is to vote… so for those that care this is your chance to win my vote.

If I tell you the things I would like for Morecambe I’m sure someone can point me to the party that best fits and that deserve my vote?!?

I want the new by-pass to be built as soon as possible (the Torrisholme version). The other route was probably better but if you try and back that now we will end up with nothing. So it’s Torrisholme or nothing IMO. This road is essential in the regeneration of Morecambe IMO and it’s top of my list.*

There are far too many nimbys and whingers in Morecambe, when you read the Visitor it seems everything suggested someone complains. I’m looking for someone to vote for that has new fresh, PROGRESSIVE ideas for Morecambe’s new future not someone that is trying to revive it’s glory days.

So any of the candidates fit that bill? Any candidate for then new road at all costs? Anyone stand for the creation of a new Donkey Sanctuary?

Apologies for putting this on a footie forum.

*before anyone runs out the tired old line “you wouldn’t be saying that if you lived in Torrisholme” – I DO live in Torrisholme”
burple

Re: O/T Win my Vote (local election)

Postby burple » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:49 am

ha ha what a huge response... look like i'll be spoiling my paper then instead

number 1 or 2?
burple

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 am

It was a great post Burple and I was looking forward to reading the responses however I think the most relevant people to answer might be out and about today been a bit busy.

The thing is people will give you 101 reasons why not to vote for the other parties but are never clear on what they will actually do so that's why I was looking forward to see what responses there might be.

I am sharing your dilema with the town council election I don't know if to spoil my vote or not as I don;t agree with it but this could mean the people I don't like could get in :evil:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby burple » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 pm

P/T Indie wrote:The thing is people will give you 101 reasons why not to vote for the other parties but are never clear on what they will actually do

Exactly my point... I instantly don't trust anyone who spends more time telling me why I shouldn't vote for other people than telling me why I should vote for them.

I'm sure there is a reason the whole thing is so damn ambiguous...

Looks like I might not be voting again at this rate unless someone can simplify things for me
burple

Postby Number 1 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:27 pm

burple wrote:ha ha what a huge response... look like i'll be spoiling my paper then instead

number 1 or 2?

What?
Number 1

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:59 pm

burple wrote:I
There are far too many nimbys and whingers in Morecambe, when you read the Visitor it seems everything suggested someone complains. I’m looking for someone to vote for that has new fresh, PROGRESSIVE ideas for Morecambe’s new future not someone that is trying to revive it’s glory days.

Perhaps these nimby types have simply lost all their trust in any elected bodies.
Over the years there has been all sorts of crap deposited in their backyard, and they've lost the will.

If you do vote you'll be lucky to get your ballot paper into the ballot box.
Me and Doris went at about 0930.
I asked the invigilator(?) how it was going.
He said there had only been about 60 voters so far.
He gave us two ballot forms each, one for local and one for EU.
The local one was on quality paper and the length of a town cryer's screed, with about 15 candidates on.
We were well baffled, most of them looked liked BNP in disguise.
Anyway, when we put our ballot forms into the box the invigilator had to prod the rest down with a paddle.
So by the time another hundred or so have voted the box, and I presume there is only one, will be full.

Had to smile yesterday.
Me and Doris had an awayday to Southsea.
There were quite a few shops there with crimestopper notices in their windows saying "Only two MPs allowed in this shop at any one time!"
Plain Peter

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Did it look something like this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8081729.stm

Apparently some people aren't clever enough to udnerstand you might have to unfold the paper and read the full lit of candidates so there has been complaints.

There sure is some strange parties standing I think Christie the Cat would give a few of them a run for their money :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby burple » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Number 1 wrote:
burple wrote:ha ha what a huge response... look like i'll be spoiling my paper then instead

number 1 or 2?

What?

spoiling the paper with a wee or a poo?
burple

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:20 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Did it look something like this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8081729.stm

Yep, even down to the three folds.
Plain Peter

Postby Gnasher » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:54 pm

number 1 or 2?

ISO27001:2005 meeting all day then parked on the M62 trying to get home. Just been to vote myself, fortunately I have 3 candidates who are nowt to do with MBIs so they got my votes. Ashworth stood at the door was her usual ignorant self.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Voted green in the two relevent votes, and have just recycled my parish council paper, it is now in my composter, soiled, i mean spoiled :lol: :lol: :lol:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby campdave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:59 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Voted green in the two relevent votes, and have just recycled my parish council paper, it is now in my composter, soiled, i mean spoiled :lol: :lol: :lol:

snap
campdave

Return to General Discussion