Sponsors night

Sponsors night

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 31, 2009 8:57 am

Thanks to all those involved in yet another successful sponsors night. The event of the year gets even better. Looked as though more sponsors and more guests on the night than ever before. A fitting tribute to Peter Howard's final fling. Whoever takes over has a hard act to follow.

My personal thanks to Mark, Carlisle Paul, Morecambe Mick, Coops, Halfwayliner and their partners for the excellent company on another successful night.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Sponsors night

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 31, 2009 11:06 am

I was surprised how laid back you were Neil :lol: Yes top night, great entertainment, a distinctive bow out by Peter H and a fantastic performance by Lills - that man deserves a medal :D

Just wish I had'nt been constantly outbid at the signing of Sammy McIlroy :lol:

Was nice to see the sunrise over the new ground on the way home :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Sun May 31, 2009 11:40 am

fantastic performance by Lills

How was it he defined football supporters? Always pissed and shagging :lol: :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I was surprised how laid back you were Neil :lol: Yes top night, great entertainment, a distinctive bow out by Peter H and a fantastic performance by Lills - that man deserves a medal :D

Just wish I had'nt been constantly outbid at the signing of Sammy McIlroy :lol:

Was nice to see the sunrise over the new ground on the way home :o

My wife said once to somebody else who said that about me, that if I got any more 'laid back' I'd fall over! :oops: :oops: :oops:

The only time I get 'worked up' is 90 minutes every Saturday and sometimes mid week during the season....oh and when certain (SV) individuals really 'piss me off'.... :?: :?: :?:

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby hoooti » Sun May 31, 2009 9:34 pm

It was my first time at this MFC event and for what the businesses put in to get there I expected a bit more. It basically ended up as a £62.50 a head for a three course chicken dinner with an act but no real enthusiasm from MFC except gimme your cash.

A few directors attended, one player and One pissed up assistant manager.

For a professional club I would have expected more influencial people/ players to attended this money generating event.

Very disappointing and especially the apparent lack of MFC Top dogs (Chair and manager) and they relied on a pissed up assiantant manager who was allowed to give a speech to the benefactors of MFC, this makes me think that this club is not a serious professional organisation.

it could be better!
hoooti

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:41 am

hoooti wrote:It was my first time at this MFC event and for what the businesses put in to get there I expected a bit more. It basically ended up as a £62.50 a head for a three course chicken dinner with an act but no real enthusiasm from MFC except gimme your cash.

For a professional club I would have expected more influencial people/ players to attended this money generating event.

Very disappointing and especially the apparent lack of MFC Top dogs (Chair and manager) and they relied on a pissed up assiantant manager who was allowed to give a speech to the benefactors of MFC, this makes me think that this club is not a serious professional organisation.

it could be better!

Get a life! :roll: If you had a decent table of 12 instead of 4 it worked out at £41.66p a head plus the (reclaimable) V.A.T I'm sure the sponsors that won the season tickets and Club Sponsorship deal for next season are laughing their socks off.

Great value in my book. Bear in mind that end May/June is the only time Football people have for their holidays.

The sponsors night is as it says on the tin - not a fans night ;)

Bite over :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Trevor » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 pm

hoooti wrote:It was my first time at this MFC event and for what the businesses put in to get there I expected a bit more. It basically ended up as a £62.50 a head for a three course chicken dinner with an act but no real enthusiasm from MFC except gimme your cash.

it could be better!

Ive been to a few of these and, to be honest I dont go 'expecting' it to be like anything and I go because I want to support the club so Im not too critical whatever

each to their own though and I suppose there will be others with your point of view

what was that famous quote? "Ask not what your club can do for you....
Trevor

Return to General Discussion