25 years ago to the day

25 years ago to the day

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Eric Morecambe made his very last performance and as a result was to be sadly missed by an army of fans.

Thanks for bringing us some sunshine....

:) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: 25 years ago to the day

Postby Crimson Crust » Thu May 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Christies Child wrote:Eric Morecambe made his very last performance and as a result was to be sadly missed by an army of fans.

The BEST ever!.......BTW Does that make Shrimps fans "The Sunshine Army"?

I likes it. 8-) :lol: 8-) :P
Crimson Crust

Postby CASS » Thu May 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:Eric Morecambe made his very last performance and as a result was to be sadly missed by an army of fans.

Gosh 25 years, Strange how you remember where you where for certain events,And I remember
hearing of Eric's passing whilst in Naples it was amongst news my Mother would yell at me during
the weekly phone home.I was also in Italy, "San Marino" when Charles and Diana got hitched.
J.F.K. Loading horses (getting in the way) with my uncle.
9/11 Driving over Cony Fell listening to Steve Wright,who at first thought it was a light aircraft.Any way back to the topic Loved Eric and Ern..Highlight of many a Christmas night.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Keith » Fri May 29, 2009 5:39 pm

CASS wrote:9/11 Driving over Cony Fell listening to Steve Wright,who at first thought it was a light aircraft.

Oddly enough, I was at work, I'd just put a lady on the toilet. She used to listen to Steve Wright when she went for an afternoon rest on her bed. I came out of her room and told someone to 'put the tv on, something is happening'. As a result, we were watching live when the second attack occured.

As for Eric, 25 years ago... that's a long time :cry: How long Tommy Cooper then?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby steve mfc » Fri May 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Keith wrote:
CASS wrote:9/11 Driving over Cony Fell listening to Steve Wright,who at first thought it was a light aircraft.

Oddly enough, I was at work, I'd just put a lady on the toilet. She used to listen to Steve Wright when she went for an afternoon rest on her bed. I came out of her room and told someone to 'put the tv on, something is happening'. As a result, we were watching live when the second attack occured.

As for Eric, 25 years ago... that's a long time :cry: How long Tommy Cooper then?

Eric 28th May 1984, Tommy Cooper 15th April 1984, bothy died on stage as well.
steve mfc

Return to General Discussion