Lack of transfer activity

Lack of transfer activity

Postby parkyboy » Wed May 27, 2009 4:27 pm

More signings for other clubs today eg macclesfield for one and they havent got the finance or the attendances we have. We need to step on the gas it doesnt always pay to play a waiting game as was proved last season .Lets have some action please
parkyboy

Re: Lack of transfer activity

Postby feelingguilty » Wed May 27, 2009 4:36 pm

What sort of action do you want?

Season is barely over. If we had signed a few players everybody would be worried we had overcommitted.

Thousands of players will sign for other clubs. We were not after or missed out on every player that signs for a league two club. If nothing before end June I would agree we need to get a move on. Until then happy to wait and see.
feelingguilty

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 27, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm not too concerned about the lack of signings, at the moment.

However, the Visitor reported today that the club could not agree terms with a right wing back who still has a year of his contract to run. Now that the negotiations have closed, should the club by way of keeping us in formed of who we have been after, name the player concerned? It would in my opinion give us all an indication of the quality of player we've been after.

I'm not suggesting that the names of those currently under consideration be named, just those who have decided that they don't want to be part of Sammy's Red Army.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby feelingguilty » Wed May 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Depends whether we couldnt agree terms and have stopped trying or we intend to try again.

All liklelihood is we wont of heard of the players we sign so whats the point in knowing Not necessarily a bad thing:

Lewis - dont know about others but definitely not me
McGivern - wont believe anybody who says they had thought about him
feelingguilty

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 27, 2009 6:04 pm

parkyboy wrote:More signings for other clubs today eg macclesfield for one and they havent got the finance or the attendances we have. We need to step on the gas it doesnt always pay to play a waiting game as was proved last season .Lets have some action please

No need to worry.

The poorer players jump at the first offer they get. None of the players Macc have signed look good enough to improve our squad.

The better players keep their options open to see who is offering what.

Things will liven up in June or early July.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky » Wed May 27, 2009 7:42 pm

It is a bit too soon to be getting worried. It's not June yet! Besides, Sammy's track record isn't too hot so I wouldn't get your hopes up anyway :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Return to General Discussion