season review

season review

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 26, 2009 7:42 pm

So now that the season is over how does everyone think we have done compared to your season expectations? well for me it has been another good season at the start of the season I thought we would do well to finish 17th ish but we have done better than that and apart from the odd game (Gillingham accy) I think we have done realy well
heysham_mfc

Re: season review

Postby Crimson Crust » Tue May 26, 2009 8:20 pm

Progress made despite losing quality players. Satisfied and excited for the future.
Crimson Crust

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Overall a good season, but if we'd been a bit more adventurous we'd have been closer to the play offs.

However congrats to Sammy, Mark, the players and the Board for ensuring that we can progress to the next stage. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

Survival was always the name of the game.

Well done.

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Tue May 26, 2009 10:54 pm

Christies Child wrote:Overall a good season, but if we'd been a bit more adventurous we'd have been closer to the play offs.

However congrats to Sammy, Mark, the players and the Board for ensuring that we can progress to the next stage. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

Survival was always the name of the game.

Well done.

:D :D :D

Well you just about covered all bases there Neil.

Survival was what it was about , but we should have been more adventurous? I dont understand.

Which did you want? Cautious survival or gung ho? :?

What I would like to know is how do you know that if we had been more 'adventurous' that we would have got more points? From what I recall of the season it was the Midfield and Defence that kept us from sinking. Did you want us to push up a bit more and leave us exposed?

What do you mean exactly by 'adventurous'? I am keen to understand because you have mentioned this a few times.

If you mean a few more shots on goal, then say that and dont leave any doubt about what you mean.

These soundbites of yours do come across as very ambiguous at best. Plain speaking is transparent.

Say what you think, but be upfront! :)

Otherwise I will delete that 'winky' button! :lol:
Mark S

Return to General Discussion