Well done Burnley

Well done Burnley

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Beat the Blades 1-0......oh my god work tromorrow will be chaotic.

In 3 play off finals North West clubs have come out tops...Burnley...Blackpool and the best of 'em all Morecambe!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Well done Burnley

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 25, 2009 4:09 pm

yeah well done, a rart like Burnley folk like
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 25, 2009 4:22 pm

well done Burnley now lets hope they can stay up
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon May 25, 2009 5:21 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:well done Burnley now lets hope they can stay up

I've no one to congratulate as all my Burnley supporting neighbours bar one are down South. :lol:

Seriously though after being a bit anti Burnley FC for years I was actually a claret today (just for one day and maybe cos' I really fancied them to do it and had a good few quid on them).

It is going to go mad here later tonight (going a bit barmy now with those who didn't go) and tommorrow when they have the victory parade it will be really mad.

Any way after having had the Morecambe experience myself of going to Wembley twice successfully I say good luck to them. Owen Coyle the new Bill Bill Shankly?? Who knows he's certainly made a good start!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Gnasher » Mon May 25, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm avoiding our Sheffield office tomorrow :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 25, 2009 6:12 pm

The Blades never turned up.

absolute cracking goal but still not the best one at the New Wembley ;)

If Burnley had taken their chances it would have been 4 or 5.

and that little cheat Jamie Ward was sent off about 17 minutes after coming on for 2 deliberate handballs.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Mon May 25, 2009 7:01 pm

Your right about it not been the best goal at the new wembley - that was scored yesterday by Gary Alexander for millwall
Howe Magic

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 25, 2009 7:04 pm

i thought that thunderbolt of a goal Germany got against England in that friendly was arguably the best

but still love watching the DC one
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Howe Magic wrote:Your right about it not been the best goal at the new wembley - that was scored yesterday by Gary Alexander for millwall

Alexander's goal was a cracker but unfortunately for him people will always remember him missing a sitter that might have won the game.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Mon May 25, 2009 10:33 pm

What struck me was the vast amount of empty seats. With fans struggling to get tickets, i can only imagine that they were corporate seats.

It is disgraceful that they could not be used if that is the case.
Mark S

Postby Morecamber » Tue May 26, 2009 7:58 am

Which fellow Morecambe fan was in Block 133 wearing there Morecambe red wright and lord solicitors shirt? :)
Morecamber

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:42 am

What was all this about after the game?
robblake.JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Tue May 26, 2009 10:48 am

Morecamber wrote:Which fellow Morecambe fan was in Block 133 wearing there Morecambe red wright and lord solicitors shirt? :)

Don't know about that, but this Morecambe fan was prepared to support Burnley by wearing blue for the day...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Morecamber » Tue May 26, 2009 10:15 pm

They are Robbie Blakes lucky underwear he has never really shown them when he's scored apparently because he's scared off getting another caution and getting a match ban. Most off the Burnley fans are aware off them and the club shop put on sale 50 as a collectors item and a few Burnley fans were wearing them.

From the programme:
It may not have been the way that venerable Burnley side of the early 1960s would have done things, but striker Robbie Blake's inclination to show off his red underpants has not prompted too many complaints around Turf Moor. Blake would admit that his Bad Beat Bob Y-fronts are more charity shop nylon than boutique blue lycra, like the pair bearing the 'Superman' log which Manchester City's Steven Ireland revealed after scoring one chilly Eastlands evening last season. But, they have certainly given his season a kick up the behind. Clarets defender Clarke Carlisle presented them to 33-year-old Blake before their side's Coca-Cola Championship trip to Conventry back in October, in recognition of his hapless poker performances on coach trips home - a 'Bad Beat' being a good hanf which should win doesn't...
Morecamber

Postby abc123 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Bad Beat Bob is Robbie Blakes nickname, a 'bad beat' being a losing poker hand which should really have been a winning hand, he's not too good at poker apparantly.

There were quite a few of those 50 replica pants being displayed out of various coach windows on the way down to Wembley.

I can't beleive I've been twice in 2 years and come away smiling each time!
:D
abc123

Postby Morecamber » Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 am

Same abc, what block were you in?

I still really want to know which fellow Morecambe fan was in my block :lol:

Right behind the goal, directly below the big screen block 133 :)
Morecamber

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:02 am

Morecamber wrote:They are Robbie Blakes lucky underwear he has never really shown them when he's scored apparently because he's scared off getting another caution and getting a match ban. Most off the Burnley fans are aware off them and the club shop put on sale 50 as a collectors item and a few Burnley fans were wearing them.

From the programme:
It may not have been the way that venerable Burnley side of the early 1960s would have done things, but striker Robbie Blake's inclination to show off his red underpants has not prompted too many complaints around Turf Moor. Blake would admit that his Bad Beat Bob Y-fronts are more charity shop nylon than boutique blue lycra, like the pair bearing the 'Superman' log which Manchester City's Steven Ireland revealed after scoring one chilly Eastlands evening last season. But, they have certainly given his season a kick up the behind. Clarets defender Clarke Carlisle presented them to 33-year-old Blake before their side's Coca-Cola Championship trip to Conventry back in October, in recognition of his hapless poker performances on coach trips home - a 'Bad Beat' being a good hanf which should win doesn't...

abc123 wrote:Bad Beat Bob is Robbie Blakes nickname, a 'bad beat' being a losing poker hand which should really have been a winning hand, he's not too good at poker apparantly.

There were quite a few of those 50 replica pants being displayed out of various coach windows on the way down to Wembley.

I can't beleive I've been twice in 2 years and come away smiling each time!
:D

Thanks for the dirty washing info ;)
marky No.1

Postby Wednesdayite » Thu May 28, 2009 1:38 pm

I watched the match in the pub with a couple of Burnley mates...with my wednesday shirt on of course... :D

bias aside...Burnley were by far the better team
Exiled Yorkshireman
Wednesdayite

Postby abc123 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Morecamber wrote:Same abc, what block were you in?

I still really want to know which fellow Morecambe fan was in my block :lol:

Right behind the goal, directly below the big screen block 133 :)

The cheap seats! Block 545, right in the corner and 6 rows from the roof. Couldn't have been much closer to god :lol:
abc123

Postby Crimson Crust » Thu May 28, 2009 8:26 pm

abc123 wrote:

The cheap seats! Block 545, right in the corner and 6 rows from the roof. Couldn't have been much closer to god :lol:

What was Owen Coyle doing up there? :P
Crimson Crust

Postby abc123 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:14 am

If we had an emoticon for a round of applause I'd give you one.
abc123

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 29, 2009 8:01 am

Crimson Crust wrote:
abc123 wrote:

What was Owen Coyle doing up there? :P

Hoping to talk to Sammy to arrange a pre-season game.......

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:27 am

Christies Child wrote:Hoping to talk to Sammy to arrange a pre-season game.......

;) ;) ;)

They are playing Leeds instead :(
marky No.1

Postby durianmuncher » Sat May 30, 2009 8:57 am

Great for Burnley, BUT this will probably mean more Radio Blackburn coverage for them and therefore less for us :(
durianmuncher

Return to General Discussion