Survival Sunday

Survival Sunday

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun May 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Do todays results mean we could possibly draw Newcastle Utd in the Carling Cup ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Survival Sunday

Postby Curly » Sun May 24, 2009 11:55 pm

That would be a truly sweet draw for a club of our size, forget the money we generate from
Bratfud at home. Just goes to show how the mighty can fall, and in our case how getting into
the football league from the conference can bring you into contact with huge clubs without
having to play so many games, as with the FA Cup.
Newcastle will have to be realistic next season (instead of just chucking money about and changing manager every six months) as will we.
A lot of signings people try to link with us are unrealistic and they forget our size and that if it wasn't for our directors, we'd be playing non-league still.
Theres only so far we can climb without a much larger following each week, the new stadium will help a lot, but we need to drum up more support. I always try to drag mates along, and they generally leave having a great day out, as do I.
Heres hoping for another great season in the football league, and having a laugh :lol: ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon May 25, 2009 1:25 am

My view on 'Survival Sunday' = Chelsea fans are pricks. A few reasons, firstly one threw a coin which hit me. Secondly, anyone who sings Ashley Cole's name needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Thirdly, I saw at least 4 of them with 'Till I Die' printed on the back of their shirts. Clearly don't do English in cockerney schools. A till is something you use in a shop.
durhamshrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Mon May 25, 2009 7:13 am

At least Newcastle wont have far to travel next season:

Boro
Scunthorpe are the two local derbys lol

and then:

Doncaster
Barnsley
Sheff Wed
Sheff Utd (hopefully)

Notts Forest Forest and Derby aren't to far down the M1 either

I think they will really struggle as financially they will be screwed as they had no plans for relegation at least Sunderland, hull etc have it written in contracts if they go down the wages will to.

Also every team they play it will be like their cup final.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby The Fury » Mon May 25, 2009 10:29 am

durhamshrimp wrote:My view on 'Survival Sunday' = Chelsea fans are pricks. A few reasons, firstly one threw a coin which hit me. Secondly, anyone who sings Ashley Cole's name needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Thirdly, I saw at least 4 of them with 'Till I Die' printed on the back of their shirts. Clearly don't do English in cockerney schools. A till is something you use in a shop.

Actually, etymologically speaking, til is incorrect and is a recent derivative of 'until' which 'till' preceded.
The Fury

Postby -Hatrick- » Mon May 25, 2009 10:39 am

The Fury wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:My view on 'Survival Sunday' = Chelsea fans are pricks. A few reasons, firstly one threw a coin which hit me. Secondly, anyone who sings Ashley Cole's name needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Thirdly, I saw at least 4 of them with 'Till I Die' printed on the back of their shirts. Clearly don't do English in cockerney schools. A till is something you use in a shop.

Actually, etymologically speaking, til is incorrect and is a recent derivative of 'until' which 'till' preceded.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Hatrick-

Postby ellandback » Mon May 25, 2009 2:05 pm

At last the whineging barcoders have got there cum-upence ,after the MESSIAH has failed to save them.welcome to the real football factory.
ellandback

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Newcastle in the cup would be great and a great money spinner for the club
heysham_mfc

Postby Crimson Crust » Tue May 26, 2009 5:55 am

P/T Indie wrote:At least Newcastle wont have far to travel next season:

Boro
Scunthorpe are the two local derbys lol

and then:

Doncaster
Barnsley
Sheff Wed
Sheff Utd (hopefully)

Notts Forest Forest and Derby aren't to far down the M1 either

I think they will really struggle as financially they will be screwed as they had no plans for relegation at least Sunderland, hull etc have it written in contracts if they go down the wages will to.

Also every team they play it will be like their cup final.

Preston and Blackpool are as close as Scunthorpe.
Crimson Crust

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Xisco is reported to be on £50,000 a week for 6 years :o

I can see a Leeds Utd happening here noone will be waying to take him on those wages and Newcastle will have to pay the rest up also might be the same for Martins, Geremi, Barton and Smith (Blimey is Alan Smith still there)

Newcastle went downhill he moment they got rid of Robson and brought in Souness, that's like trading your Porsche in for a Larda.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:51 pm

It is easy to link Newcastle and Leeds, but in financial terms the only similarities in my opinion is that they have both been relegated from the top flight. Newcastle own their ground, Leeds went down with loads of debt and few players who could command a transfer fee. Newcastle is in a much better position to come back. It is not all doom and gloom, certainly not to the extent that the papers will tell you.

Apparently they will need to reduce their wage bill by £30 million. You'd imagine that Owen will be on his way, which rather shockingly, given his output for the club since his arrival, accounts for a sizeable chunk of this. In the long-term I think the relegation might actually be good for Newcastle, it gives them a chance to get rid of all the dead wood that populates the ranks.....goodbye Nicky Butt!

Agree with the Robson thing......at the time Blackburn were near the foot of the table and given a couple more results I think Souness might have been given the push. I bet Rovers couldn't believe their luck when Newcastle paid to take him off their hands, saving them a severance payment.
RedRedWine1

Postby Richard Head » Wed May 27, 2009 4:14 pm

What's the difference between the Premiership and my back garden.

There's a magpie in my back garden
Richard Head

Return to General Discussion