RESERVES

RESERVES

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun May 24, 2009 6:46 pm

I got slagged off big time last year on this board for suggesting our squad was to big and the need for a reserve team was not a priority, the transfer embargo was, in my opinion, the result of having too many squad members playing ressie football,now it seems that bury etc are in a position to bid on players that we are not able to :roll: :roll: :roll:

I reckon that DC will sign for us at the end of june, yatesy will sign for port vale at the end of june, and we will still be looking for a full back and a 20 goals a season man at the end of june!!
PUNKISDEAD

Re: RESERVES

Postby Howe Magic » Sun May 24, 2009 7:08 pm

I hope we dont sign darren carter at end of June he is rubbish lol
Howe Magic

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 24, 2009 7:21 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:I got slagged off big time last year on this board for suggesting our squad was to big and the need for a reserve team was not a priority, the transfer embargo was, in my opinion, the result of having too many squad members playing ressie football,now it seems that bury etc are in a position to bid on players that we are not able to :roll: :roll: :roll:

I reckon that DC will sign for us at the end of june, yatesy will sign for port vale at the end of june, and we will still be looking for a full back and a 20 goals a season man at the end of june!!

....that's what I like to read..a post full of optomism!

Why not trust in the Management team and the Board....hell it's still only May?

We'd all like some signings but (as i posted a few days ago) look what happened to Carr. We signed him almost straight away.... and the rest is history!

A reserve team, in my opinion is a must for us and is ideal to keep all squad players match fit.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun May 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Burnley have a small team of around 20, as opposed to a large squad, and are ninety minutes away from the premier league, having played around 60 games this season 8-) 8-)
PUNKISDEAD

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun May 24, 2009 9:44 pm

.Bury...according to a posting on the Fans Forum :?: :?: :?:

Wouldn't be suprised if true as they are probably in a position to offer better terms than other NW interested clubs?

your words cc, so why are bury in a better position than other NW clubs :?: :?: :lol:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 25, 2009 6:46 am

That's nothing to do with having a reserve team.

They have a more thriving commercial side than us (ours do a brilliant job but are hindered by lack of in-house facilities hence the need to move) and have a larger fan base bringing more revenue to the club (fan base includes those who don't go but support their club lottery and other money raising schemes).
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Pandashrimp » Mon May 25, 2009 4:34 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:I got slagged off big time last year on this board for suggesting our squad was to big and the need for a reserve team was not a priority, the transfer embargo was, in my opinion, the result of having too many squad members playing ressie football,now it seems that bury etc are in a position to bid on players that we are not able to :roll: :roll: :roll:

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Burnley have a small team of around 20, as opposed to a large squad, and are ninety minutes away from the premier league, having played around 60 games this season 8-) 8-)

100% agree. Thought this was a problem last year and certainly won't have helped the embargo saga. Lets hope Sammy has learnt his lesson. Bring in two or three good enough to go straight into the starting 11 and that would do me personally. If injury problems arise then dip into the loan market. No need for players on 1st team wages to be playing reserve football 75% of the time.
There has just been a post on 606 regarding Burnley's quality over quantity policy and they look likely to continue it in the summer and try and stay up with the same compact but effective squad.
Pandashrimp

Return to General Discussion