Old Forum, who uses it?

Old Forum, who uses it?

Postby Gnasher » Sun May 24, 2009 7:45 am

Apart from smug twats who are sad enough to spend 30 minutes searching the old forum, does anyone still refer to it? It's tidy time and I'm wondering whether it should be zapped (it was closed 11 months ago).

http://www.gnasher.co.uk/shrimpsvoices/
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Re: Old Forum, who uses it?

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 24, 2009 8:08 am

Gnasher wrote:Apart from smug twats who are sad enough to spend 30 minutes searching the old forum, does anyone still refer to it? It's tidy time and I'm wondering whether it should be zapped (it was closed 11 months ago).

http://www.gnasher.co.uk/shrimpsvoices/

....never mind just the old forum..... ;) ;) ;)

Time for the old to be zapped! :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun May 24, 2009 9:07 am

if it stops Mark linking to his old favourites, then I say zap!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mighty Red » Sun May 24, 2009 9:13 am

What???? You are wishing to zap 4021 pearls of wisdom from a certain "gentleman".

I think you could be right.

Zap away.
Mighty Red

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 am

Mighty Red wrote:What???? You are wishing to zap 4021 pearls of wisdom from a certain "gentleman".

I think you could be right.

Zap away.

Gentlemen are often 'loud mouthed prats'.....BUT there is the odd exception!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

*esus...was it that many!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sun May 24, 2009 3:09 pm

The only thing I would say in mitigation is that there is a piece of history with the 'Wembley forum' on there that is always nice to visit once in a while and is something that I feel should be kept for posterity.

When its gone, its gone.

Your forum though. Upto you at the end of the day.
Mark S

Postby Gnasher » Sun May 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Ahh yes, Wembley. I changed the forum settings so none of those threads would be automatcially zapped after a year of no activity. I'll look into ways of archiving it but still having it available, in the meantime I'll keep away from the zap button.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Bare bum » Sun May 24, 2009 5:37 pm

(This is overwhelmingly more interesting if read in a very silly voice)

I have used the old forum for the links to conference sites, also links to clubs that have been promoted or relegated, furthermore I have used the old forum links for accessing such sites as Bottom of the Barrel, Football Ground Guide and League 2 stats, all in the pursuance of researching lower league football and the clarification of opinions, attitudes and facts and almost all for my personal satisfaction.
I expect I could collect all these links and keep them in a file in My Favorites BUT it's not the way I have done it in the past and I do struggle to accomodate new habits. In addition, I don't like using My Favorites because it's spelt wrong.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Curly » Sun May 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Bare bum wrote:(This is overwhelmingly more interesting if read in a very silly voice)

I have used the old forum for the links to conference sites, also links to clubs that have been promoted or relegated, furthermore I have used the old forum links for accessing such sites as Bottom of the Barrel, Football Ground Guide and League 2 stats, all in the pursuance of researching lower league football and the clarification of opinions, attitudes and facts and almost all for my personal satisfaction.
I expect I could collect all these links and keep them in a file in My Favorites BUT it's not the way I have done it in the past and I do struggle to accomodate new habits. In addition, I don't like using My Favorites because it's spelt wrong.

It gets even worse...... :roll:

In the next version of Internet Explorer, the badly spelt "My Favorites" will split into two tiers.
The upper tier will contain the sites you most regularly use, whilst those you rarely use, will
drop down into the second tier, named "So Not My Favorites". :shock:
Allegedly. ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Gnasher » Sun May 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Allegedly? It's called IE8 and it's been out a few months. It splits into three, recent, history and favorites.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Curly » Sun May 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Gnasher wrote:Allegedly? It's called IE8 and it's been out a few months. It splits into three, recent, history and favorites.

Not "So Not My Favorites" then?
I didn't think I was being too cryptic. ;)

Curly

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Curly wrote:
Gnasher wrote:Allegedly? It's called IE8 and it's been out a few months. It splits into three, recent, history and favorites.

if it is not a favorite is it a favorite at all or is is still a favorite but not as favorite as your favorite fovorites :?:
heysham_mfc

Postby Curly » Mon May 25, 2009 10:05 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Curly wrote:

if it is not a favorite is it a favorite at all or is is still a favorite but not as favorite as your favorite fovorites :?:

Absolutely! :lol:

Curly

Postby Andy » Mon May 25, 2009 10:09 pm

I liked the "drunken rant" post :lol: god knows what time I went to bed that morning :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Keith » Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 am

Bare bum wrote:In addition, I don't like using My Favorites because it's spelt wrong.

Yet another good reason for using Firefox, with it's correctly spelt "bookmarks"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bare bum » Tue May 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Yet another good reason for using Firefox, with it's correctly spelt "bookmarks"

Yeah I know, but for some reason Firefox is slow and lumpy on my old pc.
Bare bum

Postby Keith » Tue May 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Bare bum wrote:
Firefox is slow and lumpy...

I would have thought you felt quite at home with it then?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bare bum » Wed May 27, 2009 5:22 am

You know when you start to make one of those posts, you think hmmm this'll be a laugh - I'll get this witty retort in and it'll be sharp and have something of the Oscar Wilde about it, other posters will chuckle at my cleverness and my humour, globally or locally some may pay public homage, I might even get one or two of those congratulatory private posts with a respectful know all smiley thing, it might even entertain on all sides of the social spectrum......................... but by the time you've finished typing it's clear that your humoured message is a little infantile, doesn't really hit the mark, isn't really very funny, belongs more to "Love thy Neighbour" than "The Office"; then what do you do?
Do you do the right thing and delete on your first proof reading?

Ere, I would have thought you felt quite at home with it then? Wha ha ha ha haaar

Or do you just, lazily, post it anyway?
Bare bum

Postby Mark S » Wed May 27, 2009 7:20 am

BB - Not only are you clever and funny, but you are beautiful too. Just the sight of a posting from you makes me quiver with anticipation. I did indeed read your earlier post in a silly voice (out loud for you fans of minute detail, and yes it did scare the children), and I was not disappointed at all.

'Slow and lumpy', I feel will be the new phrase used by the kids on the street and you will go down in urban history. It put a smile on my simple face. If you put a smile on one face, you Sir, have succeeded!

Dont listen to that bully Keith, he just goes for cheap laughs at the expense of others. You are indeed one of my 'favorites'
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 27, 2009 9:10 am

Bare bum wrote:You know when you start to make one of those posts, you think hmmm this'll be a laugh - I'll get this witty retort in and it'll be sharp and have something of the Oscar Wilde about it, other posters will chuckle at my cleverness and my humour, globally or locally some may pay public homage, I might even get one or two of those congratulatory private posts with a respectful know all smiley thing, it might even entertain on all sides of the social spectrum......................... but by the time you've finished typing it's clear that your humoured message is a little infantile, doesn't really hit the mark, isn't really very funny, belongs more to "Love thy Neighbour" than "The Office"; then what do you do?
Do you do the right thing and delete on your first proof reading?

Ere, I would have thought you felt quite at home with it then? Wha ha ha ha haaar

Or do you just, lazily, post it anyway?

Wonderful.....my sentiments entirely.

You sir are a much maligned genius....worthy of much greater acclaim.

Much like myself really!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Wed May 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Much like myself really!!!!!!!!!

Slow and lumpy?

This message has been BB scanned and classified under hmmm this'll be a laugh - I'll get this witty retort in and it'll be sharp and have something of the Oscar Wilde about it
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mighty Red » Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Intermittent and Lumpy Demand: A Forecasting Challenge

John Boylan
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College - Applied Social Sciences & Humanities

International Journal of Applied Forecasting, Vol. 1, pp. 36-42, June 2005

Abstract:
Slow items with intermittent and lumpy demand patterns may seem unimportant, but they can make up a substantial part of an organization's inventory. They are difficult to forecast, and some of the most popular forecasting methods are unsuitable or in need of improvement. In this paper, John Boylan describes the principal methods for forecasting intermittent and lumpy demands and shows how to take advantage of important recent advances in this field.
Mighty Red

Postby Keith » Wed May 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Bare bum wrote:Or do you just, lazily, post it anyway?

Mark S wrote:...he just goes for cheap laughs at the expense of others.

Mark S wrote:You are indeed one of my 'favorites'

:lol: :lol: :lol: Agree entirely with all three comments! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Curly » Wed May 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Tonights results;

Barebumcelona 2 , Keithin Utd 0

:P Barebumcelona crowned Champion of Shrimps voices :P

Curly

Postby Bare bum » Thu May 28, 2009 5:09 am

I'd just like to thank the chaps from the plant, Elspeth, Wilfred, Dougie Pierce, Theresa Onions and all those who've worked tirelessly behind the scenes, my parents for their selfless support, Lancashire Education Authority for all their input, Gnasher and Keith for their advice when things looked overwhelming, Mark S for his encouragement when I thought no-one understood and anyone else.

Any of you guys up for a bit of slap and tickle tonight?
Bare bum

Return to General Discussion