Ryan Lowe on his way to...

Ryan Lowe on his way to...

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 22, 2009 2:43 pm

....Bury...according to a posting on the Fans Forum :?: :?: :?:

Wouldn't be suprised if true as they are probably in a position to offer better terms than other NW interested clubs?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Ryan Lowe on his way to...

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Well he won't be getting a game in the reserves that's for sure:

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews ... 59,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Abbo » Fri May 22, 2009 2:53 pm

To good a player for the reserves, its going to be interesting to see who we end up with !!!!
Abbo

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Christies Child wrote:....Bury...according to a posting on the Fans Forum :?: :?: :?:

Have found the post you refer to?

"Heard today that Knill is going to be offering contracts to Ryan Lowe and Danny Carlton soon.
I have no proof just a VERY reliable inside source so you can choose wether to believe me or not.
Thought I'd cheer us all up after Dale's good news. "

Sounds like Bury have their very own Giggsys Child :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Fri May 22, 2009 3:08 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Well he won't be getting a game in the reserves that's for sure:

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews ... 59,00.html

I agree with Knill's assessment about reserve team football, and this is why players comming out of the reserves tend look to out of their depth when introduced to the first team.

Which is why i think its better to loan players out to a lower league club to gain experience.
It gets them used to the physical side of the game quicker and its more competitive.
steve mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Fri May 22, 2009 3:09 pm

but what happens to your fringe players who are on the bench every week they will never get a game.

I can see Bury & Rotherham doing well next season both have made some good early moves in the market.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 22, 2009 3:19 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:....Bury...according to a posting on the Fans Forum :?: :?: :?:

Have found the post you refer to?

"Heard today that Knill is going to be offering contracts to Ryan Lowe and Danny Carlton soon.
I have no proof just a VERY reliable inside source so you can choose wether to believe me or not.
Thought I'd cheer us all up after Dale's good news. "

Sounds like Bury have their very own Giggsys Child :lol:

......hence my use of :?: :?: :?:

Interesting video discussion with the Bury manager on Bury World. Talks about the Blackpool job rumour and his meetings with 2 new quality players and the reasons for letting certain players go.

Would be a great idea if Sammy was to give us a similar weekly close season update.
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Fri May 22, 2009 3:22 pm

P/T Indie wrote:but what happens to your fringe players who are on the bench every week they will never get a game.

I can see Bury & Rotherham doing well next season both have made some good early moves in the market.

I don't think we should pull out of the reserve league, just loan out young players like Taylor who are ready to move on from reserve football, loan them out for a few months to harden them up. I think they would progress quicker than sitting on the bench or continuing to play for the reserves.
steve mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Fri May 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Interesting video discussion with the Bury manager on Bury World. Talks about the Blackpool job rumour and his meetings with 2 new quality players and the reasons for letting certain players go.

Would be a great idea if Sammy was to give us a similar weekly close season update.[/quote]

Sammy always goes on holiday at this time, I am sure when he returns the Visitor might do an interview with him.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby parkyboy » Fri May 22, 2009 3:32 pm

As i have said in a previous post we dont seem to be interested in new signings or nobody at the club can be bothered to tell us. We might get one or two that nobody else is interested in signing
parkyboy

Postby CASS » Fri May 22, 2009 3:43 pm

parkyboy wrote:As i have said in a previous post we dont seem to be interested in new signings or nobody at the club can be bothered to tell us. We might get one or two that nobody else is interested in signing

You, like me and everybody else on here do not have a freakin clue whats going on on the new signing front..We all know who we would like but for reasons that are well documented on here
we don't stand a chance of getting at this present time.The club are hardly going to yell out
"Oh we are going after so and so" are they!. Just chill,a lot of contracts run to the end of this month,things will happen.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 22, 2009 3:46 pm

parkyboy wrote:As i have said in a previous post we dont seem to be interested in new signings or nobody at the club can be bothered to tell us. We might get one or two that nobody else is interested in signing

It's not the way that we do business and rightly so as well. Even the Bury manager hasn't put names to those he's had meetings with....and very few managers make public their targets.

However, is the Bury style update something that we should consider?
Christies Child

Postby The Red Knight » Fri May 22, 2009 5:30 pm

It's not even June!!!!!!!

This season hasn't even technically finished yet and people are already moaning about the lack of transfer activity!
The Red Knight

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:55 pm

The Red Knight wrote:

It's not even June!!!!!!!

This season hasn't even technically finished yet and people are already moaning about the lack of transfer activity!

Totally agree Knight.

I think some people are being overly anxious over the lack of activity due to the speed at which other clubs seem to be doing business (Notts County and Bury being a couple at our level). Time for a holiday people!
RedRedWine1

Postby parkyboy » Fri May 22, 2009 8:12 pm

I suppose one way of looking at is no news could be good news
parkyboy

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:52 pm

parkyboy wrote:I suppose one way of looking at is no news could be good news

Yeah, at least Sammy has not granted another deal to kieron Walmsley (again)!
RedRedWine1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 23, 2009 6:31 am

I just wonder if Lowe is one of those players who look good because he has been playing in such a diabolical side.

Shrewsbury bombed him out a couple of years ago.

If Sammy has not tried for him it is probably because he has his sights set on someone better.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby The Red Knight » Sat May 23, 2009 8:10 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I just wonder if Lowe is one of those players who look good because he has been playing in such a diabolical side.

If Sammy has not tried for him it is probably because he has his sights set on someone better.

Lowe has always been a good player from his time with Shrewsbury in the Conference to his first stint at Chester before going onto Crewe and then obviously last season when he returned.

He's hardly an unknown quantity who only has one good season behind him.
The Red Knight

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 23, 2009 9:34 am

The Red Knight wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I just wonder if Lowe is one of those players who look good because he has been playing in such a diabolical side.

Lowe has always been a good player from his time with Shrewsbury in the Conference to his first stint at Chester before going onto Crewe and then obviously last season when he returned.

I didn't say he was an "unknown quantity". I was suggesting that he hasn't been a regular 18 goal a season man or he wouldn't have been at Chester.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun May 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:

I didn't say he was an "unknown quantity". I was suggesting that he hasn't been a regular 18 goal a season man or he wouldn't have been at Chester.

Not sure whether I would like Lowe to sign for us or not, but you're wrong as he is a 18 goal a season man. Exactly that as it happens :!: Season 2008/09 scored 16 in the league + 2 in the cup for Chester
nobbyshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun May 24, 2009 6:06 pm

If Sammy has not tried for him it is probably because he has his sights set on someone better.[/quote]

He's hardly an unknown quantity who only has one good season behind him.[/quote]

I didn't say he was an "unknown quantity". I was suggesting that he hasn't been a regular 18 goal a season man or he wouldn't have been at Chester.[/quote]
Not sure whether I would like Lowe to sign for us or not, but you're wrong as he is a 18 goal a season man. Exactly that as it happens :!: Season 2008/09 scored 16 in the league + 2 in the cup for Chester[/quote]

well I know he got 18 in 2008/2009 !

but how many did he score in each of the previous 5 seasons ?
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Crimson Crust » Sun May 24, 2009 6:33 pm

Ratio about the same for the last couple of seasons.
Crimson Crust

Postby james456 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:40 pm

I don't think we'll get him tbh. Too many other clubs like Rochdale interested in him.
james456

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun May 24, 2009 7:00 pm

heres Lowe's wikipedia.

nothing really exceptional

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Lowe
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun May 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:If Sammy has not tried for him it is probably because he has his sights set on someone better.

He's hardly an unknown quantity who only has one good season behind him.[/quote]

I didn't say he was an "unknown quantity". I was suggesting that he hasn't been a regular 18 goal a season man or he wouldn't have been at Chester.[/quote]
Not sure whether I would like Lowe to sign for us or not, but you're wrong as he is a 18 goal a season man. Exactly that as it happens :!: Season 2008/09 scored 16 in the league + 2 in the cup for Chester[/quote]

well I know he got 18 in 2008/2009 !

but how many did he score in each of the previous 5 seasons ?[/quote]

Lets put this subject to bed now. I hope Ryan Lowe does not sign for us as he is not the type of player we are looking for. He played his naturally right sided midfield for Shrewsbury + Crewe (hence not so many goals) and is not the fastest of players but can be a useful + a skillful player however he played more of a main striker for Chester last season and managed to score 18 goals in a very poor Chester team so full credit to him BUT HE IS NOT A NATURAL STRIKER (POACHER) which we require.
nobbyshrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion