Congratulations to our Reserves...

Congratulations to our Reserves...

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 17, 2009 9:14 am

...who finished 3rd behind Man City and Champions Burnley.

They would have finished second had Man City not beaten Burnley in the final game of the season.

Once again Geoff Udall deserves all the plaudits possible for another successful season where the needs of the first team squad have to take precidence over any other considerations. They have palyed an expensive attacking game providing entertainment and real value for money.

It's just a pity that gates of around 175 are only there to witness the home games.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Congratulations to our Reserves...

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun May 17, 2009 9:17 am

Christies Child wrote:...who finished 3rd behind Man City and Champions Burnley.

They would have finished second had Man City not beaten Burnley in the final game of the season.

Once again Geoff Udall deserves all the plaudits possible for another successful season where the needs of the first team squad have to take precidence over any other considerations. They have palyed an expensive attacking game providing entertainment and real value for money.

It's just a pity that gates of around 175 are only there to witness the home games.

175 is around Lancaster's average.

Why not make it free entry and have a donation box so that season ticket holders like myself can put some money in.

or if that is seen as devaluing the perceived value of a season ticket why not make it free entry to reserve games for all under 16's ? The catering income would benefit and it would get the kids into the habit of coming to Christie Park/Sainsburys Stadium.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Sun May 17, 2009 10:33 am

I think the problem with the low crowds for the reserves could be the early kick off time and also like for myself i work nights....
Howe Magic

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 17, 2009 10:43 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:...who finished 3rd behind Man City and Champions Burnley.

Why not make it free entry and have a donation box so that season ticket holders like myself can put some money in.or if that is seen as devaluing the perceived value of a season ticket why not make it free entry to reserve games for all under 16's ? The catering income would benefit and it would get the kids into the habit of coming to Christie Park/Sainsburys Stadium.

The £3 gate fee is similar to that charged by other clubs ie Rochdale and Blackpool when I've been to midweek away reserve games. I can't see having free entry and a donation box increasing the revenue somehow but you never know.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun May 17, 2009 10:44 am

Howe Magic wrote:I think the problem with the low crowds for the reserves could be the early kick off time and also like for myself i work nights....

Conversely, I'm more likely to attend matches with early KO's, as I have an early start in the mornings.
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun May 17, 2009 11:38 am

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

Why not make it free entry and have a donation box so that season ticket holders like myself can put some money in.or if that is seen as devaluing the perceived value of a season ticket why not make it free entry to reserve games for all under 16's ? The catering income would benefit and it would get the kids into the habit of coming to Christie Park/Sainsburys Stadium.

The £3 gate fee is similar to that charged by other clubs ie Rochdale and Blackpool when I've been to midweek away reserve games. I can't see having free entry and a donation box increasing the revenue somehow but you never know.

I don't think we could lose much by making admission free. Out of the spectators who go to watch the reserves most are season ticket holders or have access to a season ticket.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion