New Darlo deal now in doubt

New Darlo deal now in doubt

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 16, 2009 3:35 pm

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 54,00.html

Let's hope we never end up like Darlo and other clubs.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: New Darlo deal now in doubt

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat May 16, 2009 8:04 pm

hope it all goes well for them just one small request for next season when we visit could you please turn the heating up :D :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:12 pm

To be honest, I know this sounds really heartless but I think the only way some clubs will stop this reckless spending is for a few established clubs to bite the bullet. Rather like the theory of games, clubs seem to gamble on promotion in the hope/knowledge that somebody will eventually come in and save them. What Darlo's situation does more than anything is making the FL embargo efforts look laughable.

I read with great displeasure that Rotherham (who no longer plays in Rotherham, which I believe they won't be able to do indefinitely according to FL rules) has increased their playing budget by 50% for next season, from £1million to £1.5Million. The same club I believe has entered administration at least twice to recent memory, and possibly more over the last decade. It truly is a farce.
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 16, 2009 8:27 pm

RedRedWine wrote:To be honest, I know this sounds really heartless but I think the only way some clubs will stop this reckless spending is for a few established clubs to bite the bullet. Rather like the theory of games, clubs seem to gamble on promotion in the hope/knowledge that somebody will eventually come in and save them. What Darlo's situation does more than anything is making the FL embargo efforts look laughable.

I read with great displeasure that Rotherham (who no longer plays in Rotherham, which I believe they won't be able to do indefinitely according to FL rules) has increased their playing budget by 50% for next season, from £1million to £1.5Million. The same club I believe has entered administration at least twice to recent memory, and possibly more over the last decade. It truly is a farce.

Excellent comments. Couldn't agree more. Best post of the day.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion