Wish list

Wish list

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 16, 2009 9:51 am

If I could have any right back currently playing or played in League 2, Austin of Darlo would be my preference.

Charnock is a left back. A position which we have already got a gem in The Iron Man.

Striker(s) would include Boulding; Abbot and Lowe all of proven abilty. If I had to go for a younger and untried at our level, loanee Robbie Brady from Man U would do me fine.

Interestingly, Sammy has never gone back to Man U for a loanee throughout his managerial career to date....I think!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Wish list

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 16, 2009 10:04 am

My wish list would include Lawrence Wilson to play left wing back with Danny Iron Man Adams , Arts and Jimbo as central defenders with Austin/Wainwright/Duffy as right wing back.

Midfield I would like a holding midfield player to defend the back 4 and who can tackle and pass accurately as neither McLatchlan or Hunter can do both. Could Jimmy Ryan do this job or is he a better player in central midfield to compete with Stanners and Drummy ?
I would like to see Jimmy Ryan at Christie Park. If we are unable to sign Ryan then how about Ian Craney.

New strikers would be any 2 from Hatch , Boulding , Le Fondre , Lowe , Fleetwood , Mullin , Manghan(depending on his betting case outcome)
Last edited by Heysham_Shrimp on Sat May 16, 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 16, 2009 10:07 am

If Scunny get promoted it would be hard to imagine Thommo playing more than a bit part there so he would obviously be on my wish list if that happens.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat May 16, 2009 10:45 am

just a LEFT footed player who can cross first time balls! and a Striker but there is so many to go for i have no idea?, and i don't think SM has yet decided :?

Charnock is a left back. A position which we have already got a gem in The Iron Man.

you could still play both, Charnock maybe as a wing back as-well ?, but for me id rather have Wilson off Chester, he has very good crossing ability with both feet
George Dawes

Postby marky » Sat May 16, 2009 11:12 am

Christies Child wrote:Charnock is a left back. A position which we have already got a gem in The Iron Man.

CC, there are times when your sucking up to certain favourites of yours goes beyond sickly. I think even Danny Adams would be honest enough to admit he'd struggle to play a whole season as a traditional left-back. He's a gem in a central defensive partnership of 3, certainly not left-back. If, as I believe, Sammy sticks to 5-3-2 then we really do need a pacey left-footed player for the left wing-back position. However, as Sammy appears to be chasing a direct replacement for Yates, it looks like another season of Wainwright 'filling in' on the left.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 16, 2009 11:23 am

marky wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Charnock is a left back. A position which we have already got a gem in The Iron Man.

CC, there are times when your sucking up to certain favourites of yours goes beyond sickly. I think even Danny Adams would be honest enough to admit he'd struggle to play a whole season as a traditional left-back. He's a gem in a central defensive partnership of 3, certainly not left-back. If, as I believe, Sammy sticks to 5-3-2 then we really do need a pacey left-footed player for the left wing-back position. However, as Sammy appears to be chasing a direct replacement for Yates, it looks like another season of Wainwright 'filling in' on the left.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sat May 16, 2009 3:04 pm

it looks like another season of Wainwright 'filling in' on the left.

sure does looks like this, it winds me up!, You only have to look at England and how they've struggled not having a natural LEFT FOOTED WINGER for 10/15 yrs since John Barnes, and he only had 1 good game in every 5 for England
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 16, 2009 3:14 pm

DawZi wrote:
it looks like another season of Wainwright 'filling in' on the left.

sure does looks like this, it winds me up!, You only have to look at England and how they've struggled not having a natural LEFT FOOTED WINGER for 10/15 yrs since John Barnes, and he only had 1 good game in every 5 for England

Come on fellas...How long is it since the season finished?

Look what happened to the player who Sammy signed almost within the first week this time last season.

I'd rather we waited and got the best than rush in and got second best.

The better players wait and that's what we will have to do.

Be patient. Those in power at CP know what they are doing.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:30 pm

DawZi wrote: he has very good crossing ability with both feet

I would certainly agree with that as all the others I have watched that try it just fall on their backside
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 16, 2009 3:39 pm

According to a Rotherham fan the full back we are after is Mark Lynch at Millmoor(Don Valley Stadium) and that we will pay them £50k for him.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:According to a Rotherham fan the full back we are after is Mark Lynch at Millmoor(Don Valley Stadium) and that we will pay them £50k for him.

£50K for somebody who has only made 9 appearances this season :o :o :o

£50K towards a striker sounds a better deal
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 16, 2009 4:04 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:According to a Rotherham fan the full back we are after is Mark Lynch at Millmoor(Don Valley Stadium) and that we will pay them £50k for him.

£50K for somebody who has only made 9 appearances this season :o :o :o

£50K towards a striker sounds a better deal

Lynch was in their team then got injured and couldn't get his place back from Tonge

here are his stats

http://www.themillers.co.uk/page/Profil ... 07,00.html

his 2 goals this season were 2 left foot stunners at Christie !!

he was playing right back against us and cut inside past Iron Man to fire 2 unstoppable left footers.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sat May 16, 2009 6:20 pm

marky wrote:

We need pace in every department , but mainly up front and hope we can score more goals than we conceed next season . I think somone stated on here that we only had 1 penalty last season , which goes to to show that we didn't have enough players running into the box. :roll: . Lets hope S.M learns from his mistakes and spends more wisely this summer ;)
parceldave

Postby james456 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:42 pm

The "iron man" is a good centre back but playing him as a wing back? He has good technical ability but I'm not convinced he has the stamina.

And I really hope Sammy signs a natural left wing back. It would annoy me a bit if he deliberately chose to play Wainwright/Duffy out of position and signed a right back instead when everyone could be playing in their prefered position just as easily.
james456

Return to General Discussion