Barrow Boss Bayliss

Barrow Boss Bayliss

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:27 am

Giving us a mention in a piece regarding the Bluebirds moving their training...........to Salford?!?

BBC: Barrow tie up Salford connection

Why is it when everybody says "no offense" or "no disrespect" they then say something derogatory?

Think the move to Salford might be good for them in the short-term as it sounds as though the facilities are good and they might be able to attract players from the Manchester area to train with them, but in terms of having your first team so far from your base I can't see how it can be beneficial in the long-term.......especially if they are looking to bring on home grown talent.
RedRedWine1

Re: Barrow Boss Bayliss

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:46 am

"We don't want to be losing the best talent to Preston or to Morecambe," he said.
"No disrespect to Morecambe but we are as big a club if not bigger and if they can do it they there's no reason why we can't develop our own players too."

Nice to be mentioned in the same sentence as Championship Play Off contenders :D

What does "if they can do it" mean? :roll:

No doubt this will raise the definition of "big club" debate :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 12, 2009 11:48 am

no way are Barrow as big as us.

We will need 10,000 tickets if we ever go to Holker Street again and we demand they give us the home end and the main stand
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:49 am

Barrow's support is unbelievable.

How much was it we were presented with as a commision cheque from the Furness Buiding Society at the last game ? About 2.5k if I remember rightly ?? Much appreciated, thank you.

But, and also if I remember rightly, the cheque to Barrow AFC for the same was about 10k !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 12, 2009 11:53 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Barrow's support is unbelievable.

How much was it we were presented with as a commision cheque from the Furness Buiding Society at the last game ? About 2.5k if I remember rightly ?? Much appreciated, thank you.

But, and also if I remember rightly, the cheque to Barrow AFC for the same was about 10k !!

yes but the clues in the name. "The Furness Building Society". Where do you think there will be more members _ Barrow in FURNESS or Morecambe.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Yeah, fair point mate.

Like you say, clue was in the question !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky » Tue May 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Again it all depends on how you define a big club. If it's on support alone, Barrow are bigger than us. If it's on support plus relative success then we're bigger.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Number 1 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:20 pm

"We're not going to cut our ties with the Barrow area," he said

Well I'm sure all Barrovians will be pleased that Barrow FC will continue to play at erm, Barrow!
Number 1

Postby Crimson Crust » Tue May 12, 2009 5:44 pm

All-together now.

We all agreeee,........Morecambe are BIGGER than barrroowww! :P
Crimson Crust

Postby forces shrimp » Tue May 12, 2009 6:00 pm

They will be relegated before you know it, like the manager said they do not have the funds available to pay big wages and two players have dropped out already. I just cant see them attracting quality players from the salford and manchester area for a small fee.
forces shrimp

Postby Mighty Red » Tue May 12, 2009 6:02 pm

No offence to RedRedWine, but .....
..... you shouldn't be worrying about Barrow.
RedRedWine,
It`s up to you

BTW Bayliss?
Didn't he invent a radio.
Or was it a wind-up?
Mighty Red

Postby ezz » Tue May 12, 2009 6:02 pm

How can they not have the funds? They have one of the biggest supports in their league.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby morecambe mick » Tue May 12, 2009 6:03 pm

ezz wrote:How can they not have the funds? They have one of the biggest supports in their league.

Aren't they still paying the debt that a certain ex-chairman put them into?

Good luck to them I say.
morecambe mick

Postby steve mfc » Tue May 12, 2009 6:43 pm

ezz wrote:How can they not have the funds? They have one of the biggest supports in their league.

12th out of 24, with a average of 1,608, which is about what we used to average in the conference, though they do have the disadvantage of having less away support at their ground due to their location.
steve mfc

Postby Richard (Barrow) » Wed May 13, 2009 12:02 pm

forces shrimp wrote:They will be relegated before you know it, like the manager said they do not have the funds available to pay big wages and two players have dropped out already. I just cant see them attracting quality players from the salford and manchester area for a small fee.

The two players being Matt Henney who works at Sellafield and missed large parts of the season with a bad back and Lee Woodyatt who came on as a sub in the final game at Eastbourne having suffered a double leg break in a pre-season game at Kendal.

I dont think we are only thinking of getting players from the Manchester area either. Having the base in Salford will make it more attractive players from all over the country to sign for us, not just Mancunians.

morecambe mick wrote:
Aren't they still paying the debt that a certain ex-chairman put them into?

Good luck to them I say.

Thanks Mick. We are just about over the problems caused by the STB but we are paying a mortgage (from the Furness Building Society ;)) that we needed to take out to buy the ground off him.
Richard (Barrow)

Return to General Discussion