Ronaldo's outburst..

Ronaldo's outburst..

Postby shrimper » Mon May 11, 2009 5:56 pm

I can't believe the papers aren't all over this incident (they have given it a lot of space but, from what I've read, they haven't twigged what was going on - or what it looked very much like...)

He's not unintelligent.

Game won (sorry City fans), very important games coming up.... under normal circumstances he'd have understood, accepted (and been glad of) the chance to avoid any risk of unjury or a possible card that may have seen him miss the CL final.

The only explanation I can think of - and it struck me straight away - was "You've stopped me playing the full 90mins in one of my last games in a red shirt at Old Trafford".

He knows a reaction like that will anger his own fans and possibly get him some kind of club discipline - perhaps he doesn't care about that now.

I expected to see: "Now we know!" ("The clearest sign yet that Ronnie's on his way") headlines.

Anyone else explain what was going on?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Ronaldo's outburst..

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 11, 2009 6:22 pm

shrimper wrote:I can't believe the papers aren't all over this incident (they have given it a lot of space but, from what I've read, they haven't twigged what was going on - or what it looked very much like...)

He's not unintelligent.

Game won (sorry City fans), very important games coming up.... under normal circumstances he'd have understood, accepted (and been glad of) the chance to avoid any risk of unjury or a possible card that may have seen him miss the CL final.

The only explanation I can think of - and it struck me straight away - was "You've stopped me playing the full 90mins in one of my last games in a red shirt at Old Trafford".
He knows a reaction like that will anger his own fans and possibly get him some kind of club discipline - perhaps he doesn't care about that now.

I expected to see: "Now we know!" ("The clearest sign yet that Ronnie's on his way") headlines.

No doubt that every Premiership manager will be wishing that it's true.

Sad day for entertainment if it happens.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Number 1 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 pm

I don't agree Glen. I think he just thought he could score more goals against a poor City defence and wants the golden boot again.
Number 1

Postby shrimper » Mon May 11, 2009 6:41 pm

I thought he was miles behind in the Golden Shoe awards.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/esm/esmgoldenshoe.php

Oh and, CC, that sounds like a typical ManU (or neutral) fan reaction to me.

If you just like seeing great players do their thing, then it doesn't matter whether he does it for ManU or Madrid - their games are shown on telly just the same.

If you have a passion for a different team than the one he plays for, then - because he's a great player - you'll be glad to see the back of him.

Do you want Bradford to have a load of great players next season because we could watch them play against us and it would be 'good for entertainment'?
Last edited by shrimper on Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Bare Ben » Mon May 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Someone told me that after the champions league final Ronaldo will sign for Spurs, but that's probably because he heard their strikers are Bent and Keane :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby steve mfc » Mon May 11, 2009 9:38 pm

shrimper wrote:I can't believe the papers aren't all over this incident (they have given it a lot of space but, from what I've read, they haven't twigged what was going on - or what it looked very much like...)

He's not unintelligent.

It could be that, or maybe its because he behaves like a spoilt kid who just wanted to play out a bit longer. He also probably wants to finish as the top scorer in the prem.

I do think though that he would be off in a shot if he was given the chance to play for Real Madrid.

There is no doubt that he is a great player when it comes to football skills, but he could learn a lot from someone like Pele when it comes to behaviour and humility.
steve mfc

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue May 12, 2009 1:21 am

shrimper wrote:"You've stopped me playing the full 90mins in one of my last games in a red shirt at Old Trafford".

Sounds like something a newspaper might say. Either purposely reading too much into it or being mischievous i think.
durhamshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 12, 2009 7:00 am

There can't be many, if any Premiership manager or supporter who doesn't dream of having the guy in their team.

It's the usual British attitude of having to put anybody with talent or a modicum of success down!

:) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Tue May 12, 2009 10:52 am

Durham - that's my point. I can't see any other explanation for such an outburst at what was, to anyone with a brain (and Ronaldo has one), a great bit of management. I am surprised the tabloids didn't go really big on that specific angle, that's all.

And CC - I think you miss my point (though it's a pretty clear one).

Of course every other manager would want the world's best player in their side, as would every single fan of every other club. That's obvious. And if you're a ManU fan or you just like watching any football and have no real passion for any particular Prem team (which is fine) then yes, he will entertain you.

But a lot of people actually do feel passionately about teams with which ManU compete for success. They are rivals.

So (just like if Bradford, or Shrewsbury were losing their best and most 'entertaining' players) most opposing fans will be delighted to see the back of him.

He helps ManU be as good as they are and we want our teams to have a better chance of getting somewhere near them. We don't care about how great opposition players are and aren't in the slightest 'entertained' by their skills.

It's called rivalry - and that's what the passion of football is all about.

I wouldn't expect ManU fans to agree, of course, nor genuinely neutral ones. But most proper fans of other clubs will feel the same and shouldn't be patronised or criticised for it.

If Gerrard, Drogba or Fabregas went to Italy you wouldn't hear many ManU fans saying 'Oh that's a shame, I thought they were real entertainers and I mourn their loss to the English game".

Come on!
shrimper

Postby Aspers » Tue May 12, 2009 1:37 pm

I agree with you Shrimper. I think he is so on his way to Real Madrid.
My prem team is Man Utd so I will be sorry to see him go but I was sorry to see Beckham go but I still manage to watch him play as I will Ronaldo.
He is a petulant brat and his diving is pretty boo but what a player.
Aspers

Postby shrimper » Tue May 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Absolute top drawer - not just for his obvious skills but also his workrate which sets players of his ilk (and there aren't many) apart from those who show it only in flashes.

If he does got to Spain I'll watch him and be royally entertained.
shrimper

Postby Spanish Shrimp » Tue May 12, 2009 4:53 pm

The Spanish papers and telivision are full of it. They already have him in a white shirt
Spanish Shrimp

Postby Mighty Red » Tue May 12, 2009 6:04 pm

I think Ronaldo should get real.

Or vice versa!
Mighty Red

Postby red shrimp » Tue May 12, 2009 7:56 pm

ronadlo has no reason to go to madrid, they are NOT the same team they were 4-5 years ago , there a average team . with a bunch off average footballers. robben , lassana diarra , guti , van der vaart, etc . i wuld understand iv they had players still there such as, figo, zidane , r.carlos and the original ronaldo but they dont. At utd ronaldo has it all, hes a fan fave, most off the players he plays against cant handle him and hes on like 150.000 a week. hes winnig league titles left right n centre, champs leagues last season and maybe again this season. hes the best player in the world and hes at the best club in the world playing in an unbelievable team, i just think he wud be wasted at madrid. he aint going no-were !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
red shrimp

Postby mounse mk2 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Christiano Ronaldo is a great player. He has everything flair, skill, he can score all types of goals, pace etc.

But, he plays for Man Utd. I'd want to do all the histrionics he does like throwing my arms in the air when one of the minions doesn't serve a pass up on a silver platter for Ronaldo United, i'd do a great impression of a stroppy toddler/teenager when ones servants or referees as mere mortals call them don't give a free kick when one of the opposition get within 5 yards of the great one.

Greta player that he is and I know i'm biased but i'd much rather have Torres in my team than Ronaldo, in fact i'd rather have Rooney.

I know many Man U fans who'd like Fergie to cash in on Ronaldo because to them he's only turned it on when it's awards season.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue May 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Ronaldo is a cocky sod and thinks he's the best at everything when he's not!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Tue May 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Ronaldo is a cocky sod and thinks he's the best at everything when he's not!!!!!!

He can think what he likes, no matter what has been said in this topic, Lionel Messi is the best player in the world.
Bare Ben

Postby wijit » Tue May 12, 2009 8:18 pm

you're both wrong, for the simple reason that Ronaldo has the trophy to prove it.
wijit

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Tue May 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Anyone else think there was an obviously un-announced agreement last summer when all the fuss was raging that Ronaldo stays at Man U for just one more season then he gets his dream move to his previously supported team - Madrid ?
SimplyRed MFC

Postby shrimper » Tue May 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Yep, that's precisely what I think has happened. And, Real do have something that ManU can never have. Erm, they are in Madrid, Spain, which is nearer to Portugal and warmer than Manchester.
Ronaldo has won all the trophies he needs and, as much as some would like to believe it, for some people Old Trafford is not the be all and end all.
shrimper

Postby Sammy h » Wed May 13, 2009 8:45 am

Bare Ben wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Ronaldo is a cocky sod and thinks he's the best at everything when he's not!!!!!!

He can think what he likes, no matter what has been said in this topic, Lionel Messi is the best player in the world.

What a typical bitter Liverpool fans post, You make me sick.
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Wed May 13, 2009 11:48 am

wijit wrote:you're both wrong, for the simple reason that Ronaldo has the trophy to prove it.

Hope it wasn't awarded by the same panel who gave Giggs player of the season........
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby campdave » Wed May 13, 2009 12:03 pm

ezz wrote:
Hope it wasn't awarded by the same panel who gave Giggs player of the season........

The votes of the premier league players?
campdave

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Is this the same Ronaldo who is treated like a 'slave'? Good player, but a tosser none the less. He'll never go down as a great because of the way he conducts himself. Those that lavish the praise upon him so easily need to get some morals, though I suppose ethics and gloryhunting don't get into bed with each other very often. Give me Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs any day of the week.
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Wed May 13, 2009 1:12 pm

campdave wrote:
ezz wrote:

The votes of the premier league players?

Thought it was a panel, least that explains why it was such a poor decision
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion