Bratford fans would like...

Bratford fans would like...

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 10, 2009 7:14 pm

...Rene Howe....'cause according to them he'd come cheap!

Always thought that the 'thickoids' tag was an accurate assessment.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Bratford fans would like...

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 10, 2009 8:36 pm

he wants bury..
George Dawes

Postby Howe Magic » Sun May 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Good luck to him wherever he plays next season....very good player and will be an asset to any team in our league
Howe Magic

Postby Mark S » Sun May 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Howe Magic wrote:Good luck to him wherever he plays next season....very good player and will be an asset to any team in our league

An asset? A liability in my opinion. The biggest waste of money we have spent in recent history.

I agree that he is very gifted, but he (IMO) was lazy, uncommited and going through the motions for most of the season.

I want players that give EVERYTHING on the pitch. Not just when it suits them.

If he put in as much effort into his football as his social life, he would be up there with Peterborough.

The best way I have heard him summed up is 'Chairman of his own fanclub'

Good luck?

Good riddance!
Mark S

Postby Howe Magic » Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Like you say in your opinion - how many goals did the other strikers score, and personally i would prefer him playing for us than against us
Howe Magic

Postby Mark S » Sun May 10, 2009 10:06 pm

Howe Magic wrote:Like you say in your opinion - how many goals did the other strikers score, and personally i would prefer him playing for us than against us

Drums scoring a similar amout from midfield says it all for me.

I think he will struggle to get a club.

Dont forget he let us down big time at the end. He couldnt be arsed gettin out of bed.

The difference between him and players like Jimbo is that Jimbo knows how much it means to us and how we would give our right arms to be playing for Morecambe. 100% on and off the pitch.
Mark S

Postby Howe Magic » Sun May 10, 2009 10:53 pm

I actually asked how many goals the other strikers scored last season but never mind - and i guarantee you now Mark he Wont have any problems getting a club in league one or two
Howe Magic

Postby Duffman » Mon May 11, 2009 8:24 am

Howe Magic wrote:I actually asked how many goals the other strikers scored last season but never mind - and i guarantee you now Mark he Wont have any problems getting a club in league one or two

4 Clubs in 3 seasons and it looks like he's going to make it 5 clubs in 4 next season. His attitude is appalling for someone who was playing at Kettering (no offence to them) 3 years ago. I'm not sure where he gets his arrogance from.

He will get a club next season. It'll be on loan again and they'll hope he'll get 10-15 goals which he probably will but from out point of view it's not worth disrupting the squad bringing him back.
Duffman

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon May 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Bradford fans only saw his good side. :twisted:
Little Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon May 11, 2009 5:03 pm

I thought he did well for us, to be honest.

He didn't waste energy chasing lost causes, which a lot of the balls to him were, but he was a handful and showed he could be quick, powerful and skilful.

That was enough to put defenders on their guard and kept a lot of them on the back-foot. I think opposition defenders played ten yards further back when he was in our side than they did when we didn't have him in the line-up and that allowed us to push forward more in those games. I think opponents feared him more than any of our other strikers all season.

He and Danny could have been a good combination IMO.

There were one or two games when he didn't stretch himself but that was around the time he was struggling with his hamstring.

He was MoM - or in the running for it - in a heck of a lot of games and in a fair few of those he was our ONLY threat. This was commented on more than once by opposition fans.

Lording it off the pitch won't have endeared him and the way he left has soured his memory for a lot of fans, I know - but on the pitch I think he did (over all) a very good job.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 am

shrimper wrote:I thought he did well for us, to be honest.

He didn't waste energy chasing lost causes, which a lot of the balls to him were, but he was a handful and showed he could be quick, powerful and skilful.

That was enough to put defenders on their guard and kept a lot of them on the back-foot. I think opposition defenders played ten yards further back when he was in our side than they did when we didn't have him in the line-up and that allowed us to push forward more in those games. I think opponents feared him more than any of our other strikers all season.

He and Danny could have been a good combination IMO.

There were one or two games when he didn't stretch himself but that was around the time he was struggling with his hamstring.

He was MoM - or in the running for it - in a heck of a lot of games and in a fair few of those he was our ONLY threat. This was commented on more than once by opposition fans.

Lording it off the pitch won't have endeared him and the way he left has soured his memory for a lot of fans, I know - but on the pitch I think he did (over all) a very good job.

We were discussing this subject in the pub last night while watching Preston get battered! It's amazing how the views of Rene differ from one "fan" to another. I agree with what you say there Glen but quite honestly within our "little" community I think spirit as a team is more important than individuals and one person upsetting the applecart does'nt go down well.

On this basis Sammy has stated that he wants his "own" striker NOT a loanee.

No ONE player is bigger than a Football Club as Mr. Ronaldo will have found out in the last 48 hours - however at least he turned up FIRST for training yesterday and was'nt one , and I quote', "Not arsed to get out of bed" :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue May 12, 2009 10:33 am

marky No.1 wrote:[I agree with what you say there Glen but quite honestly within our "little" community I think spirit as a team is more important than individuals and one person upsetting the applecart does'nt go down well.

No ONE player is bigger than a Football Club :o

I absolutely agree with all of that, which is why I was careful to avoid saying I wish we'd kept him.

Good player, did well for us, made us more dangerous, helped us (with his general play as well as some crucial goals) to get to the position we achieved..... but certainly has his mind elsewhere, so not one I'd like to risk a big salary on for a two-year contract.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:36 am

shrimper wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:[I agree with what you say there Glen but quite honestly within our "little" community I think spirit as a team is more important than individuals and one person upsetting the applecart does'nt go down well.

No ONE player is bigger than a Football Club :o

I absolutely agree with all of that, which is why I was careful to avoid saying I wish we'd kept him.

Good player, did well for us, made us more dangerous, helped us (with his general play as well as some crucial goals) to get to the position we achieved..... but certainly has his mind elsewhere, so not one I'd like to risk a big salary on for a two-year contract.

You cast out the bait and I could'nt help but bite ;) I like the way you missed out the quote - very P.C. :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby firthy_SexGod » Tue May 12, 2009 11:28 am

Rene Howe? - Who? :roll:
firthy_SexGod

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:46 am

Just been released and made available for transfer from Peterborough !!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby shrimper » Tue May 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Just been released and made available for transfer from Peterborough !!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Subtle difference.
shrimper

Postby Posh » Tue May 12, 2009 1:32 pm

shrimper wrote:There were one or two games when he didn't stretch himself but that was around the time he was struggling with his hamstring.

One or two is being very generous. He showed in a run of games a totally different appetite for the game when he really worked hard for himself and the team for the full 90. Yet in many more he was absent for long spells of the game and lacked the passion or desire to chase down players or move for anything less than a 70/30 in his favour.

shrimper wrote:He was MoM - or in the running for it - in a heck of a lot of games and in a fair few of those he was our ONLY threat. This was commented on more than once by opposition fans.

Yet having said all that he was far and away our best and most gifted striker. Hence what was so infuriating. Against Bradford at home he was awful in my opinion and was so lazy in the second half many people in the North Stand were calling for him to be replaced. Then all of a sudden he gets the ball on the halfway line, runs 30 yards - being given the Freedom of the Borough - and cracks one into the corner. Rene Howe what a player etc. etc. If he'd cracked it and it went 20 yards wide I'd have been slating him for his overall performance. Yet that's what he could do.

It's irrelevant anyway. He's gone. And from what I've heard good riddance. Although I'm sure the clubs, bars and piri-piri houses of Manchester will mourn his passing.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Number 1 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:22 pm

I seem to remember at the end of last season Sammy said he wanted his "Own" goalkeeper. So he went and got arguably the best in League 2. I'll be happy if he manages the same thing with a striker...
Number 1

Return to General Discussion