Liverpool

Liverpool

Postby Castaway » Sun May 10, 2009 2:50 pm

I can't help but feel sorry for them this year. We've seen some amazing displays from them in the premiership (embarrasing Utd at OT) and europe (2nd leg of the champs league at Stamford Bridge) but they won't win anything.

I literally couldn't watch them under Gerrard Houllier but now they are an exciting side to watch and a decent footballing side. I certainly have been more engaged in the Premiership this year thanks to them.

*awaits rant from Rich - I'm not fishing, I promise*
Castaway

Re: Liverpool

Postby ezz » Sun May 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Shame teams don't roll over and die for Liverpool as they do for united, with each manager hoping United will notice and give them the job after Fergie goes. :evil:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun May 10, 2009 3:32 pm

not to mention the refs like Howard Webb who gifted them a penalty against Spurs when
2-nil down !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby campdave » Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Why feel sorry exactly? It's their own fault they've not won the league through failure to beat teams like Stoke at Anfield.

As for their free flowing football, they were bloody awful to watch until they gave Utd a pasting.
campdave

Postby campdave » Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 pm

ezz wrote:Shame teams don't roll over and die for Liverpool as they do for united

Yeah, Aston Villa, Blackburn and West Ham all put in really spirited performances against Liverpool in the last few months :roll:
campdave

Postby The Red Knight » Sun May 10, 2009 7:28 pm

campdave wrote:
ezz wrote:Shame teams don't roll over and die for Liverpool as they do for united

Yeah, Aston Villa, Blackburn and West Ham all put in really spirited performances against Liverpool in the last few months :roll:

You can add Newcastle to that list. Their performance last week was shocking.
The Red Knight

Postby About Halfway » Sun May 10, 2009 7:37 pm

The team that performs for the 38 games deserves to be called champions. Anything else means nothing. You can't beat listening to the ABU's and disgruntled scallys.

I can't wait for the traditional "we will win it this season" pre-season speach from the ever optimistic liverpool fans, bless um. :lol:
About Halfway

Postby ezz » Sun May 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Thats not the speach every Liverpool fan gives, it is 'I hope we win it this year'. BIg difference.
Hmm lets see the pasting Liverpool gave Aston Villa was merited Dave they totally outplayed them, yet Aston Villa wo totally outplayed united for about 70mins then thought hmmm we'll sit back and see if united can score 2. We wont leave our half and we should be ok........then some spotty teenager comes on, slips and scores a peach thanks to aston villa giving up on exploring outside their own half.......roll over and die if you ask me
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby chipbuns » Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm

ezz wrote:Thats not the speach every Liverpool fan gives, it is 'I hope we win it this year'. BIg difference.
Hmm lets see the pasting Liverpool gave Aston Villa was merited Dave they totally outplayed them, yet Aston Villa wo totally outplayed united for about 70mins then thought hmmm we'll sit back and see if united can score 2. We wont leave our half and we should be ok........then some spotty teenager comes on, slips and scores a peach thanks to aston villa giving up on exploring outside their own half.......roll over and die if you ask me

ah here come the sour grapes like every season :roll:
chipbuns

Postby Muzzer » Sun May 10, 2009 10:46 pm

why would any team, especially in the premiership want to sit back and let the opposition, whoever they may play, get goals easily. what a stupid comment saying that teams, such as villa, who have played well this year, would let utd just score 3..

when the chances come for a team, they either; flop them; good defence stops the opportunity; or the put the ball away. a team like utd put chances away like that, which is why they get so many penalties, because the only option for the defence to stop them scoring, is to take them out, its that simple.
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 11, 2009 6:39 am

Once again Man U show the others how it's done.

Performing far from their best they work hard for each other to achieve a positive result.

Something that our Sammy is trying to instill in our lads.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion