north stand

north stand

Postby Mark Gwent » Sat May 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Hi all does anyone know when the north stand was built and does anyone ave any photos of it getting built
Mark Gwent

Re: north stand

Postby Aal » Sun May 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Must be over 10 years ago

I remember it being built and how the atmosphere was rather weird when the ground was 3 sided.

Mark Gwent wrote:Hi all does anyone know when the north stand was built and does anyone ave any photos of it getting built
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Crimson Crust » Sun May 10, 2009 9:14 pm

1997...? I think that was the year it opened.

I would like to see some pictures of the old scatchin' shed. Anybody know why it was called this? :?
Crimson Crust

Postby The Fury » Mon May 11, 2009 11:46 am

T'was constructed during the course of the 1997/1998 season. We had an attendance of over 3k vs Halifax with only three sides (possibly even only two as the Umbro end was undergoing renovations that year as well, I think) open. If I remember rightly, the first competitive game played before the North Stand was a 1-0 win v Cheltenham where Mark Ceraelo got the only goal. I can't remember if the goal was at that end though.
The Fury

Postby Hodgie » Mon May 11, 2009 3:32 pm

The Fury wrote:T'was constructed during the course of the 1997/1998 season. We had an attendance of over 3k vs Halifax with only three sides (possibly even only two as the Umbro end was undergoing renovations that year as well, I think) open. If I remember rightly, the first competitive game played before the North Stand was a 1-0 win v Cheltenham where Mark Ceraelo got the only goal. I can't remember if the goal was at that end though.

Sorry but the game against Halifax was the last game before the old end was knocked down,
Hodgie

Postby Wild Bill » Mon May 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Nearly 4K for the offical attendance Vs Halifax. Rumour has it there were over 5k actually there with over a thousand from Yurkshire. Happy days!
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Was that the night game at the start of the season? Seem to remember we'd made a great start to the season (could have been top) which swelled the gate.
RedRedWine1

Postby Hodgie » Tue May 12, 2009 4:08 pm

The Fury wrote:T'was constructed during the course of the 1997/1998 season. We had an attendance of over 3k vs Halifax with only three sides (possibly even only two as the Umbro end was undergoing renovations that year as well, I think) open. If I remember rightly, the first competitive game played before the North Stand was a 1-0 win v Cheltenham where Mark Ceraelo got the only goal. I can't remember if the goal was at that end though.

The game did finish 1-0 to Morecambe,but it was Andy Milner that scored the goal aginst Cheltenham(umbro end)
Hodgie

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 12, 2009 4:19 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Was that the night game at the start of the season? Seem to remember we'd made a great start to the season (could have been top) which swelled the gate.

was it 1st v 2nd or something
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Crimson Crust » Tue May 12, 2009 5:34 pm

P/T Indie wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:Was that the night game at the start of the season? Seem to remember we'd made a great start to the season (could have been top) which swelled the gate.

was it 1st v 2nd or something

Yes, it was a great atmosphere. I remember Halifax supporters bodies falling over the fence into the Car Wash. Then they asked the stewards to let them in the Umbro end.
Crimson Crust

Return to General Discussion