Why?

Why?

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat May 09, 2009 9:03 am

Does anybody have any idea on why Sammy released Yatesy?
Little Shrimp

Re: Why?

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 09, 2009 9:19 am

could be any one of a number of reasons.

most likely he has someone lined up who can play right wingback better and can cross a quality ball.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby james456 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:04 am

I have no idea but I'm trying not to complain until I see his replacement.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Sat May 09, 2009 11:59 am

or he might not sign anybody because i wouldn't, we have either Wainwright or Duffy who can play there. plus+ H Mcstay is a orthodox fullback

and what little money we do have id rather us save and spend big on a striker
George Dawes

Postby Mark S » Sat May 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Maybe he didnt release him. He was out of contract. Maybe we couldnt agree terms for a new contract?
Mark S

Postby Shrimpster » Sat May 09, 2009 10:49 pm

i also heard he turned down a contract they'd put on the table.
Shrimpster

Postby mfcbro » Sun May 10, 2009 5:52 am

He was out of contract and didnt get offered a new one so had to leave.Good luck Yatesy in finding a new club.
mfcbro

Postby james456 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:02 am

DawZi wrote:or he might not sign anybody because i wouldn't, we have either Wainwright or Duffy who can play there. plus+ H Mcstay is a orthodox fullback

and what little money we do have id rather us save and spend big on a striker

Thats what I'm hoping for but we'll need a left wing back (eg Wilson from Chester who is available on a free transfer).
james456

Postby Mark S » Sun May 10, 2009 8:48 pm

mfcbro wrote:He was out of contract and didnt get offered a new one so had to leave.Good luck Yatesy in finding a new club.

Just playing Devil's Advocate Mick.

How do we really know what went on? None of us were privvy to every conversation. We don't know what the agent's demands were in negotiations.

There must have been negotiations before the final game of the season. No player or agent would leave it until the player was out of contract before starting looking for another deal, they must have started at least three months ago.

There are rumours that Yatesy has a deal sewn up with another club. But again they are just rumours.

None of us know what the true story is. Just what we have heard from various sources. Some with vested interests.

As gutted as I am to lose Yatesy (and I am. Shocked if the truth be known), I must trust in the Club's judgement personally.
Mark S

Postby shrimper » Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Real answer is becaue we have two who can cover that position who still have a year to run on their contracts. Had they all been out of contract he may well have decided to keep Yatesy and let one of the others go.
We are looking to trim the squad to make room in the budget. I think Sammy's sewn up a few who can cover a few positions (but who may end up as squad players if he can get the players he wants coming in) and now he'll concentrate on two or three who we may have to pay a bit for.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Crimson Crust » Sun May 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Does anybody have any idea on why Sammy released Yatesy?

Yatesy's brother is on a MFC Bebo site. somebone on Bebo could give him a prod/poke and just ask, eh! :arrow:
Crimson Crust

Return to General Discussion