Strikers.

Strikers.

Postby ezz » Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm

At the moment we have 1 striker.

Taylor (young and hasn't featured much so far)

Diarmuid gone, Howe gone hope Sammy finds at least 2 strikers this Summer.
Also like Sammy said earlier I hope he signs a very good striker instead of loaning and then maybe loan one decent striker as well. I think we'd need a new right back with Yates gone, unless Parrish steps up to the plate. Plenty of time to go, let the rumours begin (heard one about Boulding but not sure if it's all smoke)
Last edited by ezz on Mon May 04, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Strikers.

Postby parceldave » Mon May 04, 2009 9:09 pm

ezz wrote:At the moment we have 2 strikers

Blinkhorn (Still in the hospital bed from 10 years ago)

Also like Sammy said earlier I hope he signs a very good striker instead of loaning and then maybe loan one decent striker as well. I think we'd need a new right back with Yates gone, unless Parrish steps up to the plate. Plenty of time to go, let the rumours begin (heard one about Boulding but not sure if it's all smoke)

Remember when Chester got promoted we managed to get Twissy to come down a league, is Mcdonald out of contractat Brentford i wonder or does the great North / South devide come into play :?:
Last edited by parceldave on Mon May 04, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parceldave

Postby Posh » Mon May 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Errr...Blinks has been released. http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 22,00.html

However that still makes three with Twissy and Wayne; strikers first and foremost, irrespective of where they've been playing this season.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ezz » Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 pm

Realised my mistake too late, yes Blinkhorn has also gone, only striker in the squad is Taylor.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon May 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Bloke from carlisle with two wasted seasons will be back imo :?: :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby parceldave » Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Bloke from carlisle with two wasted seasons will be back imo :?: :?:

Michael Bridges hasn't played here yet , has he :?:
parceldave

Postby Aal » Mon May 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Yeh surely Danny will be back but will he fit into the system??
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby parceldave » Mon May 04, 2009 10:46 pm

Aal wrote:Yeh surely Danny will be back but will he fit into the system??

He wont score the 20+ goals that we need ;)
parceldave

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon May 04, 2009 11:03 pm

parceldave wrote:
Aal wrote:Yeh surely Danny will be back but will he fit into the system??

He wont score the 20+ goals that we need ;)

I'd still have him back, he looked alot better from when we sold him to Carlisle.
Crooky MFC

Postby dford » Mon May 04, 2009 11:41 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Bloke from carlisle with two wasted seasons will be back imo :?: :?:

we'll bring back rigog aswell and form a 50 goal a season partnership!
dford

Postby mfcbro » Tue May 05, 2009 6:06 am

I ve heard that Danny is off to Bury.
mfcbro

Postby james456 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:56 am

I feel that O'Carroll was better than Carlton who doesn't find the back of the net easily enough. Still an alright striker at this level but not what we need imo.

And we have 3 strikers really. I consider Curtis and Twiss to be strikers first and foremost.
james456

Postby ezz » Tue May 05, 2009 12:35 pm

I think Twiss and Curtis can play upfront but predominantly wingers now, regardless of what people think about Twiss. The point is neither of them are going to score enough goals to get us near a play-off or keep us away from the relegation places. We need a 'real' striker who can create goals form nothing, I'd be happy to see a classic big man upfront with Taylor playing off him. Boulding or Mullin type of player.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:44 pm

ezz wrote: I'd be happy to see a classic big man upfront with Taylor playing off him. Boulding or Mullin type of player.

That's great, but Michael Boulding is only 5'10" :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue May 05, 2009 2:06 pm

Mullin's 35 or he might have been a decent shout.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Tue May 05, 2009 4:37 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
ezz wrote: I'd be happy to see a classic big man upfront with Taylor playing off him. Boulding or Mullin type of player.

That's great, but Michael Boulding is only 5'10" :roll:

That may be true but he is still a solid target striker and wins his fair share of aerial battles from what i've seen.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 05, 2009 4:43 pm

shrimper wrote:Mullin's 35 or he might have been a decent shout.

Glen , you have your ear to the ground.

is it likely there will be any further departures from Christie Park ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Tue May 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Wouldn't have thought so just now. Looks like big Arts will stay on another year - hope that gets sorted soon -and I think the rest are on contracts. One of the sub keepers perhaps.

Then it'll be about seeing who we can get in.

Depending on who we get (and if we get any interest shown in any of our 'cover' players) there may be a bit of movement towards the start of next season but I reckon that's pretty much the 'outgoings' for now.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby nobbyshrimp » Tue May 05, 2009 7:37 pm

parceldave wrote:

Remember when Chester got promoted we managed to get Twissy to come down a league, is Mcdonald out of contractat Brentford i wonder or does the great North / South devide come into play :?:

McDonald can stay where he is thankyou! Didn't want to know us when we were interested last summer and anyway he is currently injured and just had an op. Maybe or maybe not back for start of season with Brentford BUT will he make the grade for league1 :?: Too much of a southern boy anyway!
nobbyshrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue May 05, 2009 8:51 pm

I think we should be looking at established L2 strikers who are proven at the level and are available.

I still think Kevin Ellison would have a good year or two left in him. He has lost his way in the shambles that is Chester City but his career could still be resurrected from the Deva wreckage with an ambitious club like ours and maybe on a reasonable contract as well.

Likewise Lowe from Chester, although there will undoubtedly be more interest in him and he won't come as reasonable as Ellison may well do.

Bradford seems to be a graveyard for several decent players so close attention should be paid to any underachievers they may release now their mega budget is to be slashed for next season. Boulding (plus brother) may be one possibility. He could well ressurect his 2007-2008 form for Mansfield at a more homely club such as ours!

Others to consider could be Clayton Donaldson from Crewe (if available).

I don't think there are many non-league strikers in our region who are ready for the step up and our experiment with Scottish League Players was in my opinion a dismal flop. McCann and O'Carrol simply weren't up to Div 2 standard on a consistent basis.

So all in all it's a difficult task to spot quality players in our price range and then convince them to come to us!

I would be happy with any two from the four mentioned above or a similar standard. Good luck Sammy and Mark!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Tue May 05, 2009 8:57 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:
parceldave wrote:

McDonald can stay where he is thankyou! Didn't want to know us when we were interested last summer and anyway he is currently injured and just had an op. Maybe or maybe not back for start of season with Brentford BUT will he make the grade for league1 :?: Too much of a southern boy anyway!

OK then let Danny stay at Carlisle and we can have Michael Bridges who's a Northern boy . :)
parceldave

Return to General Discussion