MATTY BELL

MATTY BELL

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon May 04, 2009 5:33 pm

I can see no reason for releasing him, I do not think he has had a chance to prove himself one way or another for the first team, maybe a season loan to a conference side would have been better, I have watched him in the reserves and think he is a good home grown player, I hope he, along with, the other released players get fixed up!!
PUNKISDEAD

Re: MATTY BELL

Postby Hodgie » Mon May 04, 2009 6:05 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:I can see no reason for releasing him, I do not think he has had a chance to prove himself one way or another for the first team, maybe a season loan to a conference side would have been better, I have watched him in the reserves and think he is a good home grown player, I hope he, along with, the other released players get fixed up!!

I can see a reason,we need to reduce our wage bill.
Hodgie

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon May 04, 2009 6:16 pm

A lower level club would give him experience, plus they would probably pay his modest wages, he has come through the ranks, was crowed about last year at the presentation evening, and suddenly, after years in the academy etc is cut adrift in my opinion, it sends out a cracking message to the kids in the academy :roll: :roll: :roll:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby james456 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:27 pm

Hodgie wrote:
PUNKISDEAD wrote:I can see no reason for releasing him, I do not think he has had a chance to prove himself one way or another for the first team, maybe a season loan to a conference side would have been better, I have watched him in the reserves and think he is a good home grown player, I hope he, along with, the other released players get fixed up!!

I can see a reason,we need to reduce our wage bill.

But realistically, how much is an 18 year old likely to be on in terms of wages?
james456

Postby Aal » Mon May 04, 2009 9:02 pm

For sure he has had a cracking season for the reserves and hasn't been given much chance. Saving peanuts (in relative terms) by realeasing him. :?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon May 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Cheers for that Aal, I feel that as a local family style club, this post needs keeping up top,loyalty is a two way street, the academy seems to be doing its bit :?: :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Aal » Mon May 04, 2009 9:16 pm

I saw the recent 2-1 win for the reserves against Burnley and Bell looked a class above Parrish in the centre of defence.

Can't begin to imagine what Dickie Danson must be feeling as well :shock:
Aal

Postby Keith » Mon May 04, 2009 9:45 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Cheers for that Aal, I feel that as a local family style club, this post needs keeping up top...

It can be kept at the top for as long as there is something interesting to add to the discussion. First sign of it being bounced to 'deliberately' keep it live, it will be locked!

But I'm sure that isn't what you meant??? :roll: :? 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aal » Mon May 04, 2009 9:47 pm

It certainly wasn't from my point of view....I just happen to thoroughly agree with P is D :?
Aal

Postby footballfan » Tue May 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Its says that if you`re in the running for a contract with Dickie & Livvies lot then all the defenders can forget it, not one of them is any where near as good as Matty. I have watched many turn into the player he is now. He can give you 4 options on the field positionally, he is strong, reads the game well and can knock a great ball. I think he may well be one of those players that comes back to haunt teams, hopefully he will get sorted quickly and show the club it was a mistake letting him go.
footballfan

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Very good shout :!: :!:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby admiral47 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm

I think this is a theme with Sammy- he appears to have his favourites and sometimes players can not break through, why give the lad a contract if you are not going to test him out?
admiral47

Postby Keith » Tue May 05, 2009 10:22 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote: this post needs keeping up top...

Keith wrote:It can be kept at the top for as long as there is something interesting to add to the discussion. First sign of it being bounced to 'deliberately' keep it live, it will be locked!

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Very good shout :!: :!:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion