An idea for next season

An idea for next season

Postby Howe Magic » Mon May 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Just an idea for next season - everyone who buys a programme receives a raffle ticket to be entered into end of season draw to be made last home game (the winner receives a season ticket for the new stadium) what do people think - there could also be other prizes including shirts etc
Howe Magic

Re: An idea for next season

Postby steve mfc » Mon May 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Howe Magic wrote:Just an idea for next season - everyone who buys a programme receives a raffle ticket to be entered into end of season draw to be made last home game (the winner receives a season ticket for the new stadium) what do people think

Anything that increases sales has to be a good idea.
steve mfc

Postby Pandashrimp » Mon May 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Not bad... if you bought 1 every week would you get 23 tickets?? Have you seen Darlos old away kit? Its gastly but they put any fans name on in the background of the design for £10. Think they made 10k off it! My mates got it, he hasnt got his name on it but there are some strange last sur-names in Darlington!!!
Pandashrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Mon May 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Every programme purchased you would get ticket - so the more purchased the more chance of winning
Howe Magic

Postby Curly » Mon May 04, 2009 10:00 pm

Howe Magic wrote:Every programme purchased you would get ticket - so the more purchased the more chance of winning

Why not just give Slack Alice the season ticket now :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 05, 2009 11:54 am

it would get program sales up anyway!
heysham_mfc

Postby slackAlice » Tue May 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Curly
Why not just give Slack Alice the season ticket now

I second that proposal !
Its proved a bit costly on the old programme front this season , as my enthusiasm for collecting every programme has spread to my son. I've had to tell lies like they only had one left - still my collection is complete for the second season - every Home /Away League/ Cup for two seasons on the bounce. But there will have to be economy's next season I'm only going to collect from the matches I go to.

But its quite interesting just how many people don't buy the Matchday programme anymore. I've met quite a few Morecambe fans who don't / won't. I spoke to a couple of Evertonians who went to the FAC Semi this year and said they refused to buy one citing cost & poor content.
It could be a victim of these 'hard times' , supporters will go to the match but cut back on things like food / drink & programme/s. I often wonder what proportion of the attendance buy a programme -say its 2600 do we sell say 1000 programmes - probably less ?
slackAlice

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:51 pm

slackAlice wrote:Curly
Why not just give Slack Alice the season ticket now

I often wonder what proportion of the attendance buy a programme -say its 2600 do we sell say 1000 programmes - probably less ?

Sean will know and probably won't say but I suspect it will be nowhere near 1000? 50 to a box I would guesstimate so thats 20 boxes!

There are usually about 50 kicking around the tables in the Sponsors lounge but these are all free! (or included in the deal to be fair)

Our programme content is excellent and is worth every penny :D

However when I arrive with mine in the stand at least 10 people around me want to sneak a look in it :?

Over to you Sean - Shall I tell them to buy their own next time :?:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby get your book out » Tue May 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:Not bad... if you bought 1 every week would you get 23 tickets?? Have you seen Darlos old away kit? Its gastly but they put any fans name on in the background of the design for £10. Think they made 10k off it! My mates got it, he hasnt got his name on it but there are some strange last sur-names in Darlington!!!

didnt do them much good tho did it! :lol:
get your book out

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue May 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Match Programmes

I know Barry and his lad avidly collect but I understand in these times that yes people make choices and will cut back on certain things so take Barry's point. It all rather depends on what you want from your match day experience. the club recently received some mystery shop exercises leading up to the family excellence award being given and it made for interesting reading.
From a personal point of view from this I have some ideas on new features and improving some of the things we do in the programme the club also has ideas with it being th elast season at Christie park and want to make each edition special next season.
I think the price increase will have affected sales slightly but i honestly believe its good value for money and very competitive. almost the price of a pint of stowford press you know..... 8-)

I see it as the clubs magazine not just a memento from the game itself and when you look back should be a good reflection of how we have all enjoyed the season and that down to the help of a large number of people and we could do with a few more certainly in terms of providing entertaining articles/features for the kids next season and more besides. when i go to away games the programmef or me should tell me whats going on at the club and provide some good entertaining reading. I have been fortunate in that we have had neil wainwtright barry roche stewart drummond and jim bentley writing at regular intervals throughout the season

However many of us like a chinwag a pint maybe a pie and get in 10 mins beofre the game watch it and leave it and thats their match day out nothing wrong with that at all.
Then you get some people who are in at 200pm pie in hand programme and maybe wont have a beer or two.
Its all about choices
We rarely order programmes in the quantities mentioned yet in certain games including one this season we sold out...think that was Bradford.

The programme is a money spinner for the club of course so it all helps

John mentioned about raffle tickets and numbers and whilst it has been discussed before I will certainly bring this up when we have our next meeting

constructive criticism/feedback is always welcome as are fans willing to get involved next season

usual email or pm

cheers sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby Mike Blackstone » Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Interesting read Sean. Always keen to know how other clubs compare when it comes to programme sales.

The cover price at Exeter (£2.80p) has to cover the cost of printing and other payments, and above a certain level, it is profit. The adverts are sheer 100 per cent profit, but obviously are spread over how many home games we play during the course of a season. So say the advert revenue is £20,000 and we play 25 games at home, the income per game is £800.

We sell roughly one programme per three and a half spectators, but then there are comps built into various sponsorship packages (which in a round about way are paid for), plus of course copies for players and the Press and not forgetting subscription copies. For our last few home games this season our average order has been for approx 1,800 copies. I guess that will be greatly increased next season for some of the clubs who are visiting us.
Mike Blackstone

Return to General Discussion