Who'd be a football manager?

Re: Who'd be a football manager?

Postby steve mfc » Mon May 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Very disappointed to see Yates go but there has to be a good reason for it, it cant be his ability if it was Sammy wouldn't have recalled him this season when he was out on loan then have him play virtually every game.

It cant be because he rates either Parrish or McStay above Yates or they would have been playing.

Is it possibly down to the wing back system we have been playing, does he have somebody that he wants to bring to the club who he thinks will play the position better.

Maybe Wainwright to play on the right hand side as a wing back?, who knows, only time will tell, it will probably all become clear in time.

I'm not sure about O'Carroll, personally i think we have seen enough of him to now what he can and cant do. He is a decent player but like all of our strikers lacks pace, so i cant see him scoring that many goals, is it a good decision to let him go, that will be decided by who is brought into replace him.
steve mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Was just looking at how many players we have in the squad now some players have been released and it is 17 if you include Lewis Edge. I wonder what is happening with the keeper situation surley we don't need three keepers? and is Lewis actually on a contract.

So if Sammy brings 4 players that is 21 which I think is just about right for a club our size and then there may even be a bit of room later on to bring some loans in.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky » Mon May 04, 2009 4:34 pm

campdave wrote:Maybe he'll use Blinkhorn's and O'Carroll's wage to fund one striker?

Not much use considering we now need to bring in a minimum of 2 having lost 3 if you include Howe.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimper » Mon May 04, 2009 6:48 pm

marky wrote:
campdave wrote:Maybe he'll use Blinkhorn's and O'Carroll's wage to fund one striker?

Not much use considering we now need to bring in a minimum of 2 having lost 3 if you include Howe.

.... and he can use Howe and Howard's wages to fund another one outright, with another younger lad coming on loan from Blackburn, Preston or the like....

perhaps...?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky » Mon May 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Time will tell. We're gonna have to wait a month before anything starts to happen I suspect. A month of daily threads from CC on the latest 'rumour'. Oh joy :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby John L » Thu May 07, 2009 11:46 am

Keith wrote:I'd rather that than be a fan of Darlington or Southampton right now, who are close to not having a club to support.

Indeed. Looking even worse for Darlington today.....
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4349602.Full_statement_from_Darlington_Football_Club/
I really wonder what on earth will happen to that fine stadium should the club cease to exist! :shock:
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu May 07, 2009 11:49 am

John L wrote:
Keith wrote:I'd rather that than be a fan of Darlington or Southampton right now, who are close to not having a club to support.

Indeed. Looking even worse for Darlington today.....
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4349602.Full_statement_from_Darlington_Football_Club/
I really wonder what on earth will happen to that fine stadium should the club cease to exist! :shock:

Pop Concerts !

they should have stayed at Feethams
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby footballfan » Fri May 08, 2009 9:17 pm

I predict we will have the smallest contracted squad in div 2 next season and loans will make up where we are missing. 18 OR 19 full club contract with possibly 5 loans throughout the season to keep a certain depth to the squad
footballfan

Postby ezz » Sat May 09, 2009 12:14 am

I was under the impression Yates was alreayd off to Port Vale, whether or not that changed due to manager loss at Vale i'm not sure but i thought he was always going.
As for Diarmuid letting him go may pay or it may not, all I can think of right now is the amount of clubs releasing players....especially clubs geographically near us. Darlo and chester, accy wont be holding on to all their players either. Thats a lot of talent in the market looking for a club desperately because of the economy climate.
I think Sammy smells blood in the water and will sign us some decent players whilst not forking out much for wages as many players will be desperate to get contracts sorted ASAP. Could be genius letting those players go who were rated highly, but could also leave us vulnerable if it back fires. But i'm confident that we will see some quality come through the doors, adequate if not better than what we've lost.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:
Keith wrote:Damn you Shrimper, with your sensible comments! They were just shaping up for an old fashioned bun fight!

When are the fixtures out?

usually mid june keith

Wednesday 17th June at 10 a.m.! ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion