Cheerio Mr Consistency (Michael Howard)

Cheerio Mr Consistency (Michael Howard)

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 04, 2009 8:33 am

It's always good when players come up to you and say thanks for the encouragement shown to them on SVs.

Typical of the man therefore that Michael came up to me last night and spoke of his sorrow at having to leave the club due to release. Michael has been through a lot over the past 2 seasons with injuries but now feels fully fit and only wished he could have been given a chance to show League 2 what he was all about.

I'm sure we all wish Mr Consistency the very best for the future. Some club somewhere will be getting a very loyal and superb player...and a true gent as well.

Thanks for the memories Michael.

Neil
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Cheerio Mr Consistency (Michael Howard)

Postby Posh » Mon May 04, 2009 8:50 am

I added Michael Howard to your post CC. Sometimes it takes a PhD to understand your headlines.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 04, 2009 9:04 am

Posh wrote:I added Michael Howard to your post CC. Sometimes it takes a PhD to understand your headlines.

...adds to the intrigue Michael.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 am

Good luck for the future Mr Consistency.

Thanks for the loyal service and hope you get fixed up with a club soon.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mfcbro » Mon May 04, 2009 9:15 am

I would also like to wish Micky a speedy return to football,its a shame he wasnt given a chance to show what he can do.Playing the system we have been the last 20 games or so he would have been ideal as a left wingback,but not to be.Best wishes Micky.
mfcbro

Postby Number 1 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:30 pm

It's a shame that he's been Mr Consistently injured, but if we have a tight budget and a small squad, we can't afford to take a risk. I wish him well wherever he goes.
Number 1

Postby steve mfc » Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 pm

I would really have liked to have seen Michael play as the left wing back, personally i think he would have been perfect for this role with Danny Adams behind him on that side of the park we would have been very solid.

Sadly its not to be , if it hadn't been for the injuries then im sure Sammy would have kept him on, i wish him all the best for the future and hope that he finds a club soon.
steve mfc

Return to General Discussion