Mark Duffy

Mark Duffy

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 am

On what we've seen to date of Mark, I think it's worth signing the guy on. BUT if it's going to cost us the transfer fee that has been rumoured of of £50K then for me I think it needs to be re-negotiated as it's a lot to pay for him when their is a player at Chester, Paul Rutherford who is proven at this level, is available on a free and is on a number of managers 'wish list'.

Mark showed in the first 35 minutes on Saturday that he's got bags of potential but in todays economic climate ..£50K ???????????

Did anybody else notice that as soon as Duffy swaped wings with Wayne going on the left in the first half, that the Cherries scored their second straight away?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Mark Duffy

Postby Keith » Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 am

Isn't it a 'done deal'? I would be surprised if Southport would let him come to us unless we'd already signed an agreement to purchase him at an agreed price.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 04, 2009 9:13 am

Keith wrote:Isn't it a 'done deal'? I would be surprised if Southport would let him come to us unless we'd already signed an agreement to purchase him at an agreed price.

I doubt it will be £50,000 without there being a lot of strings attached to that fee.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mellow » Mon May 04, 2009 4:56 pm

I can only sense that Christies has just realised sammy has been done up like a kipper.

The deal was done. Price agreed. There is no going back.
mellow

Postby shrimper » Mon May 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Fair enough. He's looked better and better with each game and has really impressed in his last three when he's started.

Good control, quick and skilful, can spot a pass and has the composure in the box to pick out a colleague when under pressure.

Full-time training seems to have brought him on since his first few glimpses with us.

If the deal is already signed then it's right and proper. He looks very useful, so Southport should rightly get what's due to them, having given him his chance and then been deprived of him midway through their season.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Southport were looking good for automatic promotion prior to Duffy joining us. Having failed in that sense, £50k in compensation seems nothing in terms of the revenue that promotion to the conference could have brought to them.

He isn't going to avoid the comparisons with Baker. Aside from having similar roles in the side, neither can tackle for toffee. For me this is the area that Duffy needs to improve most in. Hopefully the full-time football league training will help.
RedRedWine1

Postby Aal » Mon May 04, 2009 9:12 pm

Not a patch on Baker I'm afraid...or Wainwright
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Shrimpman » Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 pm

he never seems to want the ball, unless its passed to him & he hasnt got a choice
last week Barry was trying to release the ball early & Duffy kept putting hid hand up saying "no" i dont want it. he wont run with it ,he always looks for the pass .
how he got motm on saturday was beyond me ,did you hear the crowd cheer?

no i didnt.
Shrimpman

Postby Aal » Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 pm

MOTM on Saturday ought to have been O'Carroll... at least he looked like he was trying.

Shrimpman wrote:he never seems to want the ball, unless its passed to him & he hasnt got a choice
last week Barry was trying to release the ball early & Duffy kept putting hid hand up saying "no" i dont want it. he wont run with it ,he always looks for the pass .
how he got motm on saturday was beyond me ,did you hear the crowd cheer?

no i didnt.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Return to General Discussion