Exeter 2 Morecambe 2 Drummie (2) 9th, 78th F/T

Re: Exeter 2 Morecambe 2 Drummie (2) 9th, 78th F/T

Postby Mark S » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 pm

To be fair, Twissy was just not at the races today. He missed one nailed on chance and later got in the way of Wayne when he had a chance. He did provide the free kick in for the first, I cant remember him making the second (but that doesnt mean he didnt, I just cant remember). If he had have been on form today we would have won the match. Of that I have no doubt. He seems to be just lacking the cutting edge he always had and his head went down a few times.

On a positive note, it was a great game that the referee did his best to spoil. Their first goal was offside and Drummie had a perfectly good goal disallowed for a 'handball' that no one claimed from the Exeter camp.

The strangest thing happened at the end of the match. They gave 3 minutes time added and then the Ref, with at least a minute to go blew his whistle for what we though was a free kick against wayne running towards where Wayne was, hesitated and then blew it twice again without stopping his run and went straight off the pitch into the dressing rooms. Bizarre!

The one other thing I would mention is Jimbo's great leadership on the pitch. Fantastic! a great example is when Duffy made a real hash of a clearance and his head went down, Jimbo didnt shout at him, he very visibly gee'd him up and gave him confidence.

A great team effort that we deserved three points for. We were the better side. Well done the lads!

Great weekend, great night Friday night with the Exeter fans, great hospitality. I hope they dont go up so we can do it again next season! :twisted:
Mark S

Postby Sharpy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Just have a read of the Exeweb Morecambe match thread. some of them fans are complete t*ats! i hope to god they dont get automatic and get whipped in the playoffs now!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Mark S wrote:The strangest thing happened at the end of the match. They gave 3 minutes time added and then the Ref, with at least a minute to go blew his whistle for what we though was a free kick against wayne running towards where Wayne was, hesitated and then blew it twice again without stopping his run and went straight off the pitch into the dressing rooms. Bizarre!

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk29 ... 409117.flv
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Crimson Crust » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Sharpy wrote:Just have a read of the Exeweb Morecambe match thread. some of them fans are complete t*ats! i hope to god they dont get automatic and get whipped in the playoffs now!

All 65 pages! Ha-Ha. Good read though.
How they love SammyMac.
All our team are fat, bald clones :lol: :lol:
but fast.
Jimbo had Fleetwood in his pocket. :D
Crimson Crust

Postby Splodge » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:18 pm

I wonder if the ref was expecting a pitch invasion? Not that it was likely with the result, but I'd imagine that's why he blew right next to the tunnel and ran off straight away (presumably expecting the liner on the far side to fend for himself!).
Splodge

Postby Gnasher » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:26 am

Splodge wrote:I wonder if the ref was expecting a pitch invasion? Not that it was likely with the result, but I'd imagine that's why he blew right next to the tunnel and ran off straight away (presumably expecting the liner on the far side to fend for himself!).

Exactly what I was thinking. Makes himself look a real prat if you watch the video, just like Tucker on Dancing On Ice :lol: :lol: :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mike Blackstone » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:25 am

I recall the referee doing exactly the same thing when Exeter got promoted in 1977. He was first down the tunnel then.
Mike Blackstone

Postby Curly » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Well done to the lads, job done, but we could have been 0-3 up at half time.
Jimbo certainly had Fleetwood under control, but for 10mins of madness in 2nd half the game
was ours, great day out though.
Frazer MOM IMO, worked hard throughout breaking down Exeter.
Set off 7AM back 1AM Sunday morning, at least Crewe isn't that far next year!
Good luck to Burton this aft', some good beer down there for the away!
Finally three cheers to Sir Drummy, Morecambe LEG END!
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Previous

Return to General Discussion