One last push

One last push

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Well the day is fast approaching, it's only 3 days until I put myself through the most physically demanding 4 hours of my life, the London Marathon!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to smash through my target of £1600 for Leonard cheshire Disability. Now I have got my target I could stop banging on about it, but the charity have been a great support to me during training and through fundraising for them I have come to know just how vital every £1 is to them, so I wont!
Please Please Please visit my fundraising page and help me with one final push to raise as much as possible for them.

you can donate as little as £2!! it all counts

thanks

Paul.
North Stand Shrimp

Re: One last push

Postby Curly » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:Well the day is fast approaching, it's only 3 days until I put myself through the most physically demanding 4 hours of my life, the London Marathon!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to smash through my target of £1600 for Leonard cheshire Disability. Now I have got my target I could stop banging on about it, but the charity have been a great support to me during training and through fundraising for them I have come to know just how vital every £1 is to them, so I wont!
Please Please Please visit my fundraising page and help me with one final push to raise as much as possible for them.

you can donate as little as £2!! it all counts

thanks

Paul.

Christ! thought by title of thread you were about to give birth! ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Curly wrote: Christ! thought by title of thread you were about to give birth! ;)
:lol:

From what i've heard the last few miles could certainly feel like it!! :o
North Stand Shrimp

Best of luck mate

Postby Arnside Red » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:20 pm

hope all goes well on the day and your training (hope youve been doing some lol) pays off, my cousin is running it again this year but not for any charity now, he says it is always a fantastic day and the crowds are really brilliant, if you have your name on your back you will get tons of encouragement, look forward to hearing about your day on here next week :)
Arnside Red

Postby Mark S » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 pm

Good luck Paul! Hope you are wearing a MFC top!
Mark S

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:10 am

Mark S wrote:Good luck Paul! Hope you are wearing a MFC top!

I will be wearing my Leonard Cheshire running vest. My initial plan was to wear an MFC shirt but after doing a 13 mile training run in it, it was soaked and chaffed my skin!!

Also the charity has very few places and needs all the coverage it can get so id be doing them a dis-service by not wearing their top.

only 48 hours till the start now! (im bricking it every so slightly! :? )
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Good luck Paul, give us all a wave on Sunday!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Best of luck Paul hope you have a great day and what a fantastic effort in raising so much money for a very deserving cause ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:09 pm

Good Luck Paul. I can't imagine running 26 miles. 6 miles is far enough for me and i'm full of admiration for you. Anyone that goes runing will understand the masssive achievement in finishing the marathon. Hats off to you.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Return to General Discussion