Darlington 0 Morecambe 0 (f/t)

Darlington 0 Morecambe 0 (f/t)

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:22 pm

updates as they arrive
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Darlington 0 Morecambe 0

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:35 pm

30 minutes in, Quinny says chances at either end, Rennie Howe could have had two, hit crossbar with an over head kick and missed a one-on-one.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Darlington 0 Morecambe 0 (h/t)

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Some Quinney comments at half time.

"no goals plenty of chances...
Darlington had best of these...
Morecambe came back strongly...
Danny Carlton went close at the end [of the half]...
Entertaining game so far..."

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Darlington 0 Morecambe 0 (f/t)

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:02 pm

sounds like it was an entertaining game but a draw pretty much ends any lingering hope of a play off place for either team, although Darlington probably hope for survival rather than play offs.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby pompeyred » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Keith wrote:sounds like it was an entertaining game but a draw pretty much ends any lingering hope of a play off place for either team, although Darlington probably hope for survival rather than play offs.

It was a really boring, cold 0-0 draw. Roche made 2 good saves in the first half and we hit the bar. Second half 2 Morecambe shot, 1 a header, both straight at the keeper. A really dire game.
pompeyred

Postby james456 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Personally, I'm going to side with pompeyred - a battling performance with little creativity or sense of adventure (Sammy could have taken a gamble in bringing Duffy on rather than McLachlan but I can see why he felt the midfield needed strengthening).

Having said that, a point away at Darlington who are a pretty good side isn't a bad result. Remember they have had 10 points deducted. A dire game? It wasn't great but you couldn't say it was a dire effort from our lads so I'm content with todays result.
james456

Postby pompeyred » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:52 pm

I dont think the effort was dire but the endeavour certainly was. The wind was swirling around quite hard but we seemed obsesed with high lofted deliveries up to Howe and Curtis. When we did occasionaly play it on the deck far to many passes were going astray.
pompeyred

Postby james456 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:02 pm

pompeyred wrote:I dont think the effort was dire but the endeavour certainly was. The wind was swirling around quite hard but we seemed obsesed with high lofted deliveries up to Howe and Curtis. When we did occasionaly play it on the deck far to many passes were going astray.

Agree with you there. At the near corner, especially - we kept giving away possesion far too cheaply. But we seemed to improve a bit in the second half.

Oh, and does anyone know why Twiss was playing on the right and Wainwright on the left? But it has to be said that Wainwrights crossing with his left foot has improved.
james456

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Man of the match between Dave Artell , Barry Roche and Neil Wainwright for me.

Artell had Pavell Abbott under control which takes some doing.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Crimson Crust » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:58 pm

It's not all bad though!
Bradford -draw
Daggers -lost
Chesterfield -draw
Shrews -draw

Apart from Lincoln winning, not bad results,
although games running out and it would have been better to have won
to capitalize on the other fixtures.

There are too many teams up for the last play-off place.

I think i have talked myself out of it now! :?
Crimson Crust

Postby Martin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:52 pm

james456 wrote:Personally, I'm going to side with pompeyred - a battling performance with little creativity or sense of adventure (Sammy could have taken a gamble in bringing Duffy on rather than McLachlan but I can see why he felt the midfield needed strengthening).

Having said that, a point away at Darlington who are a pretty good side isn't a bad result. Remember they have had 10 points deducted. A dire game? It wasn't great but you couldn't say it was a dire effort from our lads so I'm content with todays result.

Agree with that summing up. The game had goalless draw written all over it from the start. Any point away from home is a good point though.
Martin

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Okay, so it was a game best 'watched' on Radio Lancashire updates then? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we were to still have an outside chance of the play offs, we had to win today. Too many other teams above us now. Still, it was certainly not a bad season was it?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Martin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Keith wrote:Okay, so it was a game best 'watched' on Radio Lancashire updates then? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we were to still have an outside chance of the play offs, we had to win today. Too many other teams above us now. Still, it was certainly not a bad season was it?

At times it would've been better on Teletext! :lol:

I think Sammy was happy to take the point; his substitution suggested that. It seems he realises that the play offs were too far away from the start. But you're right Keith, it's not been a bad season. To be mid-table, totally safe with still a few games to go is pretty good. We can relax and see how many points we can get, then look forward to next season's challenge.
Martin

Postby skyecat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:06 pm

not the best game in the world, but like someone has said, a point away from home at Darlo, not a bad result.
I took my wife for the first time as well - not the best introduction to Morecambe FC - but, never mind, she didn`t say she wouldn`t go to another!
We sang what I think is the best chant so far...
"they`re here, they`re there, they`re every f-in where, empty seats, empty seats"!!
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:17 pm

Keith wrote:Okay, so it was a game best 'watched' on Radio Lancashire updates then? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shame on you for missing carlisle paul on morecambe world!!!
Shrimpsscene

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:shame on you for missing carlisle paul on morecambe world!!!

It doesn't work on Macs Sean. I'm sure USA Shrimp would have coughed up too if it did!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Man of the match between Dave Artell , Barry Roche and Neil Wainwright for me.

According to a few the likes of Abbott would be too expensive for us, but how did do?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Man of the match between Dave Artell , Barry Roche and Neil Wainwright for me.

According to a few the likes of Abbott would be too expensive for us, but how did do?

looks a good player. Only had one real chance and Big Barry tipped it round the post with a good save. His record suggests he is injury prone so could be a liability on big money. We don't want another Sean O'Connor or Carl Ruffer.

Darlington seem to be up s**t creek and may lose a few good players in the Summer. One worth looking at would be Burgmeier who plays midfield.

Another we may try for is Ian Craney who is rumoured to have asked Huddersfield for a transfer. Maybe 4th time lucky !!
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion