Jade Goody o/t

Jade Goody o/t

Postby Aspers » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Funeral today.

I didn't realise it was such a big deal until I logged on to BBC about 5 mins ago.

I'm not going to post any smart arsed comments, its all a bit sad when a young woman dies and leaves young kids
Aspers

Re: Jade Goody o/t

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:23 pm

yeah it is
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:49 pm

yes, I think all Big Brother winners should be given a state funeral (preferably all at the same time). BBC News 24 & Sky News both carried it live.

FFS it's very sad for her family and devistating for her kids but there will be other families losing loved ones today. Totally over the top, media induced grief.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby B.H.C #3 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm with keith on this one.
B.H.C #3

Postby Silver Fox » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:21 pm

I have to agree with you on this one Keith !! :?
Silver Fox

Postby campdave » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Charlie Brooker pretty much summed up my position on it all during the week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWqvWFUj51k
campdave

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Having lost my wifes sister to cancer just three weeks ago i feel for her family but agree that the media have gone over the top with this coverage . My sister in law fought this bastard disease for two years with dignity and courage and got sick of seeing Jades death being played out in the tabloids every single day perhaps she will now be left in peace
Blackburn shrimp

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:19 pm

I thought it was ironic when her family appealed for privacy after she had died.

She's become The S*n, Star, Mirrors equivalent of the Express and Mail's hype of Princess Di.

It's really sad when anybody dies of this horrific disease and especially for someone so young. But as people have said unfortunately this happens all the time.

Yes she encouraged many women to go for cancer screening which can only be a good thing.

But the way she became famous was disgusting. She made her money for having no talent and playing on the fact that she was unintelligent. Also the tabloid rags seem to paper over the fact that she bullied someone on national television that at best was ignorant bullying and at worst racism.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:26 pm

its exactly the same as the diana effect many years ago,what a sad country and sad people
scalehallshrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:50 pm

There was even a Bishop on TV (as shown in the Brooker piece linked to in this thread) saying to "the people" she was "a saint"! What??? Is that what religion is about? St Goody of Essex?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Nah it's not a big deal. Just all the news channels are run by complete cretins.

It's obviously tragic when anyone dies who has a young family but the media has been full of garbage recentley. For instance claiming she's done loads for the awareness of cervical cancer. No she hasn't, she's just happened to be in the public eye while having it. The same people who were slanging her off for being a vile racist loved her months later when she was ill. She aforementioned Brooker show for the same way the NatWest 3 were spun.
durhamshrimp

Postby marti » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:46 pm

its a terrible thing and wouldnt wish it on anyone-but im amazed how everyone seems to have forgotten that she made millions on the back of being a thick as two short planks racist-whos only talent seems to have been playing up her role as village idiot?
marti

Postby John L » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:11 pm

mounse mk2 wrote:I thought it was ironic when her family appealed for privacy after she had died.

She's become The S*n, Star, Mirrors equivalent of the Express and Mail's hype of Princess Di.

It's really sad when anybody dies of this horrific disease and especially for someone so young. But as people have said unfortunately this happens all the time.

Yes she encouraged many women to go for cancer screening which can only be a good thing.

But the way she became famous was disgusting. She made her money for having no talent and playing on the fact that she was unintelligent. Also the tabloid rags seem to paper over the fact that she bullied someone on national television that at best was ignorant bullying and at worst racism.

Completely agree.
John L

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:22 am

Blackburn shrimp wrote:Having lost my wifes sister to cancer just three weeks ago i feel for her family but agree that the media have gone over the top with this coverage . My sister in law fought this bastard disease for two years with dignity and courage and got sick of seeing Jades death being played out in the tabloids every single day perhaps she will now be left in peace

I feel for you Blackburn Shrimp I have seen two grandparents lost to cancer both of which were neglected by the NHS in an unbelivable way especially the most recent. My grandad had it for 3 years and noone gave a s*** and it was a miracle (a cruel one at that) that he lasted so long.

If all these people cared so much about people like Jade they would be down St Johns hospice and such places showing how much they cared.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Gnasher » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:34 am

If all these people cared so much about people like Jade they would be down St Johns hospice and such places showing how much they cared.

They'll never go anywhere like a regular hospice, no TV cameras.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:50 am

Keith wrote:... I think all Big Brother winners should be given a state funeral (preferably all at the same time).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:27 am

its a terrible thing and wouldnt wish it on anyone-but im amazed how everyone seems to have forgotten that she made millions on the back of being a thick as two short planks racist-whos only talent seems to have been playing up her role as village idiot?

THIS POST SEEMS TO ME LOOKING A BIT LIKE A BIT OF A WITCH HUNT, A MINOR CELEBRITY HAS DIED AT 28 YEARS OF AGE LEAVING 2 YOUNG SONS, I PERSONALLY FOUND JADE TO BE QUITE FUNNY, THE 8 OR 9 VICTOR MELDREWS WHO HAVE COMMENTED IN A DISGUSTING AND NEGATIVE WAY SHOULD GIVE IT A REST!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby TeessideQuaker » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:47 am

It's nothing to do with that. I can't stand her, and never have. But the way the media have put her up on a pedastal is disgusting.
Come on Darlo!
TeessideQuaker

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:55 am

TeessideQuaker wrote:It's nothing to do with that. I can't stand her, and never have. But the way the media have put her up on a pedastal is disgusting.

Exactly. Tragic for her kids as I said. Upsetting for her family and legions of fans, like PUNKISDEAD but I guess they will get over it before the kids, so on the balance of things, not quite as bad for them.

But I resent the media telling me we should all be mourning her passing. They were happily ripping her to pieces a year ago, now she's the new Diana (which was also completely over the top from the media.) I'm amazed there wasn't a minutes silence at football yesterday.

PUNKISDEAD, make a donation to the local hospice as a mark of respect for the great work they do, in honour of her memory, it will help with the grief.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:01 am

I lost a friend to cancer last night, my mother has terminal cancer, and i have sponsored mark s and northstand shrimp in their very noble causes lately, so stop bleating about jade goody you tit!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby james456 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:14 am

Putting the fact that I never liked her aside, she hasn't done anything special and doesn't deserve this praise.

If we all mourned every person who died of cancer then fair enough but Jade Goody does not deserve this ahead of the next person in the street who dies of cancer.
james456

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 am

SOZ JAMES, WHAT PRAISE!!

All i see on here is thinly disguised critisism, no praise at all!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Aspers » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:48 am

Its obviously very close to punkisdead and his recent experiences are those which no one really wishes or wants on anyone, maybe we should lock this thread and move on.
Aspers

Return to General Discussion