Next manager ...

Re: Next manager ...

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed May 01, 2024 8:38 am

Coley all day long. He knows the club he once loved as a player and can operate on a tight budget
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 01, 2024 8:39 am

dazza wrote: that jimmy bell he deffo lives up to his name bell

EXCELLENT !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed May 01, 2024 8:54 am

In a perfect world it would be a choice between a football genuis and a king. Two of the best lower league Managers out there and both with brilliant history with the club.

It's going to be a hard sell for the Directors but we are still a good football club with a loyal fanbase and top people on the Board.

Ged didn't do us any favours again with his latest interview on Lancs.
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 01, 2024 9:00 am

dazza wrote:jimmy bell he deffo lives up to his name bell

That's the end of that then
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Wed May 01, 2024 9:05 am

BerlinWaller wrote:In a perfect world it would be a choice between a football genuis and a king. Two of the best lower league Managers out there and both with brilliant history with the club.

It's going to be a hard sell for the Directors but we are still a good football club with a loyal fanbase and top people on the Board.

Whoever comes in needs to know as much of what's going on as possible. Otherwise they'll be leaving again in a few months.
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed May 01, 2024 10:24 am

black morse wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:In a perfect world it would be a choice between a football genuis and a king. Two of the best lower league Managers out there and both with brilliant history with the club.

Whoever comes in needs to know as much of what's going on as possible. Otherwise they'll be leaving again in a few months.

Well yeah, I reckon that any Manager is going to have that on his questions to be asked list.
BerlinWaller

Postby Billy bodger » Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am

Going into administration can be done by the Club itself when they are unable to pay debts. I take it we could have afforded the bill to whoever we paid the money too as well as the VAT, but we cannot afford to pay the VAT because we paid it out to the mystery firm with the VAT money and after God knows how long the Club have not got it back! This is thou it’s not their money and they should hand it back, so what the problem there is I don’t know.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but if Morecambe FC is run separately from JW’s other businesses it is just what’s happening to Morecambe FC and if we get the VAT money back thou we will be in the red as a football club we can still function.

Tge problem is the owner and what is happening with them and all their businesses, either on their own or combined. I think you could move money through your businesses so that basically you can pick which one goes into administration basically saving the others.

If that’s true has JW decided to keep Morecambe FC going by still funding them or is he slowly letting it slide and administration is on the horizon?

I think that is the top and bottom of our predicament, has he had enough of Morecambe FC or are they still a rely good asset to have in his business portfolio?
Billy bodger

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 01, 2024 11:05 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Ged didn't do us any favours again with his latest interview on Lancs.

I can’t understand the logic of some supporters – one minute people are asking for greater transparency and more information so that they can understand what is going on behind the scenes, in the next breath they don’t want to know if this paints the clubs position in a bad light; which is going to be the case given we:

1). Have now been operating under a transfer embargo for a month due to an outstanding VAT liability
2). Were late in paying employees wages for Mar-24 (something the club has previously been sanctioned for)
3). Will soon be losing our CEO responsible for the day-today operations
4). Don’t have a manager or an assistant first team manager
5). Have not had a head of recruitment since Greg Strong left in Dec-23
6). Currently have just one senior player under contract for next season (wonder if he now regrets signing?) and are limited to what we can offer to current or prospective players (if any would be interested in joining)
7). Have an absentee owner who has officially had the club up for sale for 20 months – but won’t entertain the bids of prospective owners who are not propping up fictitious drinks companies and Ponzi schemes

Still, good news about the chocolate oranges!

We can't sugarcoat the situation - we are in a complete mess. The board have my utmost respect dealing with the absolute shambles.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed May 01, 2024 11:25 am

RedRedWine wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Ged didn't do us any favours again with his latest interview on Lancs.

I can’t understand the logic of some supporters – one minute people are asking for greater transparency and more information so that they can understand what is going on behind the scenes, in the next breath they don’t want to know if this paints the clubs position in a bad light; which is going to be the case given we:

1). Have now been operating under a transfer embargo for a month due to an outstanding VAT liability
2). Were late in paying employees wages for Mar-24 (something the club has previously been sanctioned for)
3). Will soon be losing our CEO responsible for the day-today operations
4). Don’t have a manager or an assistant first team manager
5). Have not had a head of recruitment since Greg Strong left in Dec-23
6). Currently have just one senior player under contract for next season (wonder if he now regrets signing?) and are limited to what we can offer to current or prospective players (if any would be interested in joining)
7). Have an absentee owner who has officially had the club up for sale for 20 months – but won’t entertain the bids of prospective owners who are not propping up fictitious drinks companies and Ponzi schemes

Still, good news about the chocolate oranges!

We can't sugarcoat the situation - we are in a complete mess. The board have my utmost respect dealing with the absolute shambles.

It's a horrendous interview and comes from a Manager jumping ship. I'm all for the club coming out and telling us what is going on but there was no need for Ged to say what he did in his interview after he left the club.
BerlinWaller

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 01, 2024 11:48 am

Jumping ship? From what I’ve read he has left with a very heavy heart - describing it as the toughest decision he has had to make, whilst being complementary about the people involved with the club and the supporters.

He was answering questions in the interview that were directed at him from the interviewer - he seems an honest and genuine bloke so answered them openly. Some people might be querying why he is leaving a managerial role, to become an assistant manager for a club in the same division. On the face of it, this seems odd - but the right one for him given the complete lack of certainty at Morecambe. What else could he say - he’s not moving to progress his career? Is there anything he’s said that you didn’t already know? Is there anything as a Morecambe supporter that you can look to with optimism at the moment?
RedRedWine

Postby BHmfc » Wed May 01, 2024 12:34 pm

Who in their right mind would work for a business, any business, who could not guarantee to pay wages on time. Staff have bills to pay and children to feed so good luck to Ged and anybody else at MFC who can find more stable employment. PS for what it's worth I think Ged did ok in his short time here. PPS There is no way Derek will return to this club and Coleman will only be here if nobody else wants him.
BHmfc

Postby Billy bodger » Wed May 01, 2024 12:34 pm

I don’t think you can blame Ged for leaving for a 3yr contract and with Morecambe’s horrendous problems, No more than the King leaving, twice(be damed!), for more money.

I hope the Berlin Waller was just as critical when DA left, (and I empathise) twice.
Billy bodger

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed May 01, 2024 12:46 pm

Billy bodger wrote:I don’t think you can blame Ged for leaving for a 3yr contract and with Morecambe’s horrendous problems, No more than the King leaving, twice(be damed!), for more money.

I hope the Berlin Waller was just as critical when DA left, (and I empathise) twice.

The King only left the 2nd time because of the ownership problems.

I would be very happy if Morecambe's greatest ever manager, the King returns.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 01, 2024 2:30 pm

‘’We know there are interested parties looking to buy (the club), and there are other people from afar looking for a project and to move an English football club further forward.

‘’It’s great that there’s interest. They can see a football club that can be developed. There’s a fan base that can quite quickly go even further, and financial we can be improved, we have one of, if not the lowest budget in the league.

‘’A new ownership has a blank canvas to work from, to take this club from League Two, to League One, to the Championship,’’ added Adams.

‘’With the right people coming in, and with the right investment in the right areas, then we can see a real good future for Morecambe.

‘’It has to be done in the near term, as we can’t move forward without that happening. I couldn’t put a timescale on it but it has to be done within a six month period.’’

Derek clearly thought an ownership change was in the offing around October time last year when he said the above in the local press - this was prior to his eventual departure in November. There were rumours at the time of American interest, with a consortium that Derek was close to.

I'm sure most people could get onboard with the idea of Derek returning fronted by new ownership willing to invest in the club.... hopefully it wasn't the mob that bought Carlisle... anything move forward from Jason Whittingham, who is only taking us in one direction.
RedRedWine

Postby al1 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:01 pm

If it was those who are at Carlisle,its a shame because they are planning many improvements to the ground and training facilities!
al1

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:18 pm

Yes indeed, they've already started massive work on the Warwick Road covered end of the ground.
Seasider9601

Postby deadorred70 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:26 pm

Gone shrimping GO WEST my son THE KING OF WISHFUL THINKING :D
deadorred70

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:35 pm

deadorred70 wrote:Gone shrimping GO WEST my son THE KING OF WISHFUL THINKING :D

We'll get over him, I know we will.
Seasider9601

Postby Billy bodger » Wed May 01, 2024 3:57 pm

deadorred70 wrote:Gone shrimping GO WEST my son THE KING OF WISHFUL THINKING :D

It’s also unfortunately Status Quo; Down Down Deeper Down Down.
Billy bodger

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed May 01, 2024 4:23 pm

Yaz the only way is up
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Billy bodger » Wed May 01, 2024 4:39 pm

I suppose I should be more positive so:-

D-ReamThings can only get better; Things can only get better.
Billy bodger

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:42 pm

Don't be sad it's over just be happy what you have had
Redalert1970

Postby Born again Bill » Wed May 01, 2024 5:29 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Yaz the only way is up

Has the Annual closed season song game started already :shock:
Born again Bill

Postby Argumentative » Wed May 01, 2024 5:38 pm

Has the Annual closed season song game started already

Is there no no No no no no No no no no No no no limits to this.
Argumentative

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 pm

Argumentative wrote:Has the Annual closed season song game started already

Is there no no No no no no No no no no No no no limits to this.
well now the seasons finished there nothing else to chat about! ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion