Vat owed?

Vat owed?

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm

I think it’s time for the board to share with us fans how much is owing to HMRC. If we are talking 30 or 40 k I wonder if between fans and board we could raise this amount to bin the embargo and allow us to sign players. What do fellow shrimp fans think?
fulwoodshrimp

Re: Vat owed?

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

It's a difficult one. At face value, I suspect that if we did that, or the Trust raised he cash, we may come out of the embargo, but given we couldn't pay wages, and haven't got the money to pay the VAT bill, we'd obviously still be skint. In which case, we'd simply be delaying the inevitable.

I think it would be better to plan for a worst case outcome, where that kind of money could be huge in the event of us becoming a phoenix club.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm

Phoenix club could be a good way of getting rid of whittingham

Whatever happens will happen

As long as we have a club at any level will be a bonus right now
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I think it’s time for the board to share with us fans how much is owing to HMRC. If we are talking 30 or 40 k I wonder if between fans and board we could raise this amount to bin the embargo and allow us to sign players. What do fellow shrimp fans think?

I could give a fair share of that total but suspect the VAT owed is considerably more.
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 am

At the forum we were told that with how football teams work we are not in a bad position as a Club and still an attractive proposition for any new buyer to come and take over at Morecambe. I take it that was before the VAT disaster.

So would we still be attractive today with all that’s going on, even with JW lowering his price.

(I’m still not convinced after nearly two years he is serious about selling, especially as it seems he has to move money in and out of his other businesses to fulfil his financial commitments to Morecambe FC. Why do that if he cannot get the price he is asking. At different points of a season he will fail to do what he is committed to do, AS WE ALL KNOW!).
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:17 pm

I really hope we hear something tomorrow. The suspense is getting to me. Beginning to lose sleep now and expect I'm not the only one!
black morse

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:21 am

Billy bodger wrote:At the forum we were told that with how football teams work we are not in a bad position as a Club and still an attractive proposition for any new buyer to come and take over at Morecambe. I take it that was before the VAT disaster.

So would we still be attractive today with all that’s going on, even with JW lowering his price.

I simply can't believe that the "VAT Disaster" wasn't known about by the BoD at that Fans Forum in February - with that in mind, you start to question other things that have been said.

No doubting the loyalty and commitment of this board, all of whom were fans before they were directors - I just wish they were more transparent about what is actually going on, I don't think anybody would think any less of them.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:19 am

RedRedWine wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:At the forum we were told that with how football teams work we are not in a bad position as a Club and still an attractive proposition for any new buyer to come and take over at Morecambe. I take it that was before the VAT disaster.

I simply can't believe that the "VAT Disaster" wasn't known about by the BoD at that Fans Forum in February - with that in mind, you start to question other things that have been said.

No doubting the loyalty and commitment of this board, all of whom were fans before they were directors - I just wish they were more transparent about what is actually going on, I don't think anybody would think any less of them.

If it was known about at least things are as they said, I don’t remember the embargo being spoken about thou.
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:17 pm

Billy bodger wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:

If it was known about at least things are as they said, I don’t remember the embargo being spoken about thou.

Update; The fans forum was held in late February, the full Clubs Accounts where on the 22nd February (up to April 2023) and the embargo was announced in a Club statement on the 28th March. Another Club statement on the 26th April over late payment of wages. So everyone can take from that what they want!

As for questioning things, it’s in my nature. I just don’t have a full picture of our current circumstances to form a proper picture of the true extent of all our current problems or even begin to how the Club can move forward. I have always needed that openness to deal with things I am involved in and as a Morecambe supporter I would say I am involved with the Club as I pay my hard earned money into the Club.

I would however also say it’s not just me, I would think that all football fans would welcome more openness at all football Clubs.
Billy bodger

Postby Born again Bill » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm

BILLY , I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t an announcement days after the early bird period when people have hung on as long as possible for some information and have parted with their hard earned cash . Board members read this forum and know the frustration . As I said on another thread a message to the fans is needed !!!!
Born again Bill

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:09 pm

If the vat owing was a smallish figure I am sure members of the board would have settled it given the impact it is surely having on season ticket sales. The continuing silence on the matter is very worrying and makes me wonder if we are in terminal decline otherwise there would have been some kind of reassuring statement from the board and assurances that the matter would soon be resolved and the embargo lifted. That has not happened at a critical time for the club. The damage to our reputation must be enormous. I hoped we would hear today that the players had been paid but so far nothing. Desperately worrying times for all concerned about the shrimps.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby black morse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:22 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:If the vat owing was a smallish figure I am sure members of the board would have settled it given the impact it is surely having on season ticket sales. The continuing silence on the matter is very worrying and makes me wonder if we are in terminal decline otherwise there would have been some kind of reassuring statement from the board and assurances that the matter would soon be resolved and the embargo lifted. That has not happened at a critical time for the club. The damage to our reputation must be enormous. I hoped we would hear today that the players had been paid but so far nothing. Desperately worrying times for all concerned about the shrimps.

Absolutely right. We have heard bugger all on these two vital issues and we should have done if they were going to be resolved. :evil:
black morse

Postby Shrimp Girl » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm

A couple of people presumably staff members have posted on the FB fans page that they've been paid.
Shrimp Girl

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:15 pm

Wages where due on the 28th April with being on a Sunday paying early on the 26th would be normal. Unfortunately it now seems the Club has payed staff today, Mon 29th.

In March 2023 the wages were due Sat 28th March and where paid on the 31st March, this led to an EFL change which was deferred. We then failed to meet the conditions laid down in the agreement when the charge was deferred and besides a 3 point deduction the Club was fined and the Owner was fined.

How the EFL will view the Club missing by one day we will have to wait and see! It could well be another 3 point deduction, next season I would think. (this season would be better).

So if that is how it pans out, would any supporters still want the Club to go into administration to get rid of Whittingham? Going into administration would be a 12 point deduction so probably -15 points. Or would they rather we limp on with the hope a buyer is successful in purchasing the Club?
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm

Payment of staff wages today at last confirmed on OWS!
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 pm

Wages paid for April, thanks to the Club for confirming the payment quickly, at least this week starts off with good news.

Better communication works.
Billy bodger

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:36 pm

Good news about the wages. Now let’s get vat fiasco sorted and embargo binned!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby vvm » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:12 am

Billy bodger wrote:Wages where due on the 28th April with being on a Sunday paying early on the 26th would be normal. Unfortunately it now seems the Club has payed staff today, Mon 29th.

In March 2023 the wages were due Sat 28th March and where paid on the 31st March, this led to an EFL change which was deferred. We then failed to meet the conditions laid down in the agreement when the charge was deferred and besides a 3 point deduction the Club was fined and the Owner was fined.

How the EFL will view the Club missing by one day we will have to wait and see! It could well be another 3 point deduction, next season I would think. (this season would be better).

So if that is how it pans out, would any supporters still want the Club to go into administration to get rid of Whittingham? Going into administration would be a 12 point deduction so probably -15 points. Or would they rather we limp on with the hope a buyer is successful in purchasing the Club?

Interested to know what the punishment for this latest late payment will be. Will the EFL skip over the whole money into a separate account thing given that it didn't work last time and just go straight to throwing a points deduction at us?

They must know by now that points deductions don't punish the people responsible at all. I can't think why that is their go to punishment in the first place. Maybe a fine straight to the owner but I wonder if it's due to him needing to pay his current fine that has lead to cash flow issues this month?

I can see the benefits of administration as it would force Jason out of the club but if Ged and 90% of the squad leave then we'll need every point we can get. I can't see how we survive relegation starting on -12. I think our best chance is to limp on for now, however disheartening that might be.
vvm

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:26 am

EFL rulings are based on this gobbledygook when it comes to owners and Clubs.

‘You can SEPARATE the Owner from the Club, but you cannot SEPARATE the Club from the Owner.’

That’s why Morecambe FC got the 3point deduction because of the Owner last time.

I think a day late to the EFL is to them ‘A LATE PAYMENT OF WAGES’ and the regulations kick in.
Billy bodger

Postby deadorred70 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

It's good the wages have been paid but are we any closer the Bond group selling up,is the manager going to get a workable budget for next season ?
deadorred70

Postby redrobo » Tue May 07, 2024 3:27 pm

Does anyone know who the person / persons or company who are currently not refunding the VAT to our club and do they realize the implications going forward if they do not settle this matter as a matter of urgency.

Are our BoDs applying as much pressure as possible on those with holding the refund.

It's now some considerable time since this problem was made public and to date it appears that we are no further forward resulting in our club unable to move forward with plans for next season.

:o :o :o
redrobo

Postby black morse » Tue May 07, 2024 4:01 pm

redrobo wrote:Does anyone know who the person / persons or company who are currently not refunding the VAT to our club and do they realize the implications going forward if they do not settle this matter as a matter of urgency.

Are our BoDs applying as much pressure as possible on those with holding the refund.

It's now some considerable time since this problem was made public and to date it appears that we are no further forward resulting in our club unable to move forward with plans for next season.

:o :o :o

RR if anyone knows who the company withholding the VAT money is they are not saying or they would have done so by now. Perhaps it is the legal side of things that is stopping the revelation. Do you seriously think the Board have not applied as much pressure as possible? I know it is frustrating to us fans and could be calamitous to the club but it appears that this, for whatever reason, is one "secret' that isn't being leaked.
black morse

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Tue May 07, 2024 5:16 pm

I suspect the lack of information about how much the vat bill is and how it was incurred is bad news. It must mean we owe a very significant amount of money and the club must in some way be responsible for any mistake in paying the money to a third party. We could do with a bit of clarity on the subject
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Tue May 07, 2024 5:37 pm

I agree with fulwoodshrimp the lack information is frustrating, but as I understand it who ever was paid the VAT, they have no right to keep it. So it begs the question why haven’t we got it back to settle our VAT bill and get the embargo lifted. It’s hard to understand why it’s dragging on and Morecambe FC have not recouped the money.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Tue May 07, 2024 6:58 pm

I think I've asked this before but don't remember a reply. Is VAT payable when a loan (or loans) are repaid :?: :?: :?:
black morse

Next

Return to General Discussion