Swindon 3 Morecambe 3 [Adams, Fairclough, Smith] LIVE thread

Re: Swindon 3 Morecambe 3 [Adams, Fairclough, Smith] LIVE th

Postby vvm » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
John L wrote:Very pleasing to see us finish in the same position as if we hadn't suffered the points deduction.

That's true but I think the 3 point deduction demoralised the players and probably affected some of the results , Crewe springs to mind , which could well have been wins instead of defeats.

With our goal difference being so bad it would have taken 71 points for us to make the play-offs and that is 10 more than our total if there was no penalty of 3 points. Not impossible to see 3 wins and a draw from that dreadful run of games that sandwiched the wins over Accy and Barra.

Looking back it was pretty achievable really, probably should have got more out of the Gillingham game (1/3 points). Should have also beat Crewe and Forest Green (6 points). We didn't lay a glove on Doncaster or Stockport and probably could have beat Swindon if there was something on it (2 points).

That's 9 to 11 points, without the deduction we could have finished somewhere between 70 and 72 and snuck in.
vvm

Postby CityShrimp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:27 pm

We didn’t encounter that many teams this season who I thought were fundamentally better than us. I think we had the quality to get play offs, our problem was just consistency.
CityShrimp

Postby shrimpsontoast » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm

No lack of consistency when it came to conceding goals.
shrimpsontoast

Previous

Return to General Discussion