Next season

Next season

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 am

Let's hope that we have a team to support of some kind next season.....

I understand that the club have been able to negotiate a very lucrative shirt sponsorship that exceeds anything that has gone before. The kit order has already been sorted and the new sponsors logo is already being incorporated.

So that is one bit of good news assuming that we have a team to wear it.

On another subject i wonder how many clubs in EFL2 rely on the generosity of a benefactor / owner to keep the wolves from the door. I can't think of many if any are reliant on being self sufficient without funds being injected by a wealthy BoDs or an owner / consortium.

If we no longer are able to be members of the EFL family I suspect we will not be the only ones in seasons to come who face similar problems to ourseves.

Look at the number of former EFL clubs who now play in non league or no longer exist but have been at one time members of the EFL league.

Bury; Torquay; Hereford; Darlington; Macclesfied; Kidderminster.....and others. So we are not an isolated case. it's happened before and will no doubt happen again.

As long as I have a club to support on a Saturday afternoon or a Tuesday night then for me the league in which we play isn't that significant. After all we will continue to struggle in EFL2 season after season being critical of performances and results for what... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Next season

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

redrobo wrote:Let's hope that we have a team to support of some kind next season.....

I understand that the club have been able to negotiate a very lucrative shirt sponsorship that exceeds anything that has gone before. The kit order has already been sorted and the new sponsors logo is already being incorporated.

So that is one bit of good news assuming that we have a team to wear it.

On another subject i wonder how many clubs in EFL2 rely on the generosity of a benefactor / owner to keep the wolves from the door. I can't think of many if any are reliant on being self sufficient without funds being injected by a wealthy BoDs or an owner / consortium.

If we no longer are able to be members of the EFL family I suspect we will not be the only ones in seasons to come who face similar problems to ourseves.

Look at the number of former EFL clubs who now play in non league or no longer exist but have been at one time members of the EFL league.

Bury; Torquay; Hereford; Darlington; Macclesfied; Kidderminster.....and others. So we are not an isolated case. it's happened before and will no doubt happen again.

As long as I have a club to support on a Saturday afternoon or a Tuesday night then for me the league in which we play isn't that significant. After all we will continue to struggle in EFL2 season after season being critical of performances and results for what... :?: :?: :?:

To punch above our weight and inflate egos!!
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion