What next?

What next?

Postby redrobo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:42 am

Have to say that I was very much in favour of GB's appointment and no doubt his style of football was more entertaining than that under DA BUT it's a result based industry and results particularly at home have been poor.

Yesterday GB's body language and lack of verbal encouragement from the bench was significant and a number of us wondered if he was close to calling it a day what with the off field problems that is not what a manager trying to assemble a squad for next season needs to have on his mind all the time.

If as is rumoured he has the chance to go back to Accy in a purely coaching role then maybe the step up to manager has been one step too far at our club. maybe elsewhere it would be OK but our club has major problems off the field which are not going to go way in the short to medium term.

Some would like to see JC put in charge but that could be based purely on sentiment. Others would like to see a 3rd retrun of DA. As for myself (assuming that Gb calls it a day) I feel we need to start again and look towards the top end of the National League for a manager rather than a has been in the EFL circus.

The coming days / weeks will be interesting to see what pans out. But after 68 years of following my club nothing surprises me any more in the choice of manager.
redrobo

Re: What next?

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:45 am

redrobo wrote:I feel we need to start again and look towards the top end of the National League for a manager rather than a has been in the EFL circus.

Unless there is a huge change, and soon, we'll be very lucky to be looking at the top end of the National League as a club in season 25/26.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:48 am

I've given you a bit of stick over the years but nobody can knock your support of the club. 68 years of watching Morecambe is a brilliant effort, total respect to you.
BerlinWaller

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:37 pm

A Holiday!
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion