Is this the future of clubs like Morecambe?

Is this the future of clubs like Morecambe?

Postby redrobo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:38 pm

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/stock ... come-view/

Stockport have this connection with Aston Villa and Burnley with Dundee.

Is this the future for clubs like ours who have to rely on loanees from bigger clubs and possibly become 'nursery' clubs in the future where the bigger clubs use ourselves as testing grounds for their younger players to see if they have got what it takes going forward rather then rely on the non competitive games for their Under 21 /23 players... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Is this the future of clubs like Morecambe?

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:41 pm

Yes it is, it is how it’s done in other countries and it has to happen with Clubs like ours. To think any other way is head in sand unfortunately. I’m not or for against but err on yes, otherwise long term I don’t see Clubs like Morecambe surviving, but I err on the side of no because the rich Clubs have strangled football and committed clubs like Morecambe to a slow death.
Even then some will fall by the wayside, unless you start going down that road you will be left behind I have no doubt with Clubs being just part of a portfolio (at the moment different countries, Man City Owners have interest in 11 other teams).
It will probably end up with big clubs having surrogate clubs in the same country.
Our local leagues do it they have a first team and second team and even 3rd teams in different layers of the league but a player can play for any of the teams but the teams cannot be in the same league.

Is it right for traditionalists? I wouldn’t think so! For little clubs to survive yes I think it’s going that way otherwise League One & Two in the long run may not operate at the standard it does.
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion