Stockport 2 Morecambe 0 LIVE thread

Re: Stockport 2 Morecambe 0 LIVE thread

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:17 pm

Stockport are a really really good side but no shot on target is shocking at any level
Redalert1970

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:19 pm

So deflated I turned the game off 15 mins into second half , the first time I have ever done that :(
Born again Bill

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:31 pm

“Stockport County sealed promotion back to League One after a stress-free win over Morecambe at a jubilant Edgeley Park.”

Quite a few sides are getting stress free afternoons against us. Fighters, spoil the party etc etc
shrimpsontoast

Postby Angler1 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:49 pm

Everybody is a really good side whe they play us.
Angler1

Postby shrimp in cyprus » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:53 pm

So so very sad that there has been so very little comment/feedback about today's game (including myself in that). I think we are all so worried about the current situation regarding MFC that actual results are meaningless right now.
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
shrimp in cyprus

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:02 pm

The chap on Sky Sports said "Morecambe look like a team that just wants to get home" :cry: :cry:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:03 pm

With such dark clouds hanging over the club, selling season tickets is going to be tricky. The feel good factor has long gone and we are back to where we were under Jim.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:39 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:With such dark clouds hanging over the club, selling season tickets is going to be tricky. The feel good factor has long gone and we are back to where we were under Jim.

I agree, and hardly a surprise. Your bestie mate jumped ship when he could see the shit-storm we were heading for, and who could blame him? He wouldn't want to manage under the same conditions that Jim had to. Derek did an amazing job, building a competitive team when we only had six players on the books. Even he'd struggle with just one player.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:18 am

I think handing the manager's job to Ged has been a poisoned chalice and his experiences as a coach have not prepared him for the shrimps post. We are looking like a poorly organised, dispirited side offering nothing going forward with a striker who has absolutely no mobility or work rate.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:22 am

I never thought I would say this but we miss Micheal Mellon, he frustrated me so much because of his ratio of taking chances was for me was not good enough, because most were so easy. I wasn’t to upset he was recalled in January, but boy how we could have done with him for the season. That’s football it can prove you wrong, badly in this case.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:47 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I think handing the manager's job to Ged has been a poisoned chalice and his experiences as a coach have not prepared him for the shrimps post. We are looking like a poorly organised, dispirited side offering nothing going forward with a striker who has absolutely no mobility or work rate.

You seem to be ignoring the one thing that has led to all this. We have no money!!! We probably had no money when Ged was appointed and when Mellon left us we could not afford to buy. or even loan anyone better than Garner.

I am not one who dislikes Ged's style of play. When we were winning for a few matches nobody moaned but as soon as we started losing again some started grumbling that our defence was rubbish. Senior, Rawson, Bedeau and Tutonda are not rubbish. At this level with poor financial resources you are going to let in goals using wing backs....it's a risk. No one is saying that Ged is better than DA but he's played a more attacking style and kept us in this league for at least another year. Personally I don't think we'll survive next season but it won't be Ged's fault.
black morse

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:54 am

Black morse, I’m really struggling to see how not having any money affects the way that the team perform on a Saturday. As you rightly point out, we’ve currently got some good quality players (and have done all season), even though we haven’t got any money. For me the most irritating thing about this 3 point deduction (which doesn’t actually make any difference to us as it stands after our indifferent form in recent months and it was obviously coming anyway) is that it now gives those on the footballing side of things a ready made excuse in respect of poor performance in the final 3 games (one of which we have had already) - the players are devastated etc etc. On people changing their tune when the form changes, I’m not sure that’s correct really. Whilst any win in any way is obviously very pleasing, I think quite a lot of people have had reservations about the manner of some of them I.e. by the skin of our teeth having conceded a lot of appalling goals. The reservation generally is that in not many of those wins did people see anything that looked like a template for long term success. We haven’t made anything look comfortable or easy at all and despite the old cliche that we hear every week, quite a decent number of games in league two do actually end up being one sided with the scoreline reflecting that, just not in our favour.
shrimpsontoast

Postby vvm » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:37 am

shrimpsontoast wrote: Whilst any win in any way is obviously very pleasing, I think quite a lot of people have had reservations about the manner of some of them I.e. by the skin of our teeth having conceded a lot of appalling goals. The reservation generally is that in not many of those wins did people see anything that looked like a template for long term success. We haven’t made anything look comfortable or easy at all and despite the old cliche that we hear every week, quite a decent number of games in league two do actually end up being one sided with the scoreline reflecting that, just not in our favour.

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now.

Walsall 2-1 (injury time winner)
Sutton 3-2 (injury time winner)
Harrogate 2-2 (injury time equaliser)
MK Dons 2-1 (injury time winner)
Tranmere 3-2 (amazing comeback from 2 goals + injury time winner)
Crewe 3-2 (Amazing comeback from 2 goals)

That's 11 points right there that we so easily couldn't have gotten. On another day any one of those games could have gone the other way and we don't get the points.

Apart from Doncaster away, we haven't really had a single convincing win under Ged. He really needs to get it right in the summer or we could be looking down the table next season.
vvm

Previous

Return to General Discussion