Couple of Questions

Couple of Questions

Postby Catte » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:00 am

Hi,

The lad Nelson Khumbeni that you have on loan from us, just wondered how he is doing they have high hopes for him but he needs time playing men's football, for a couple of seasons.

Noted: That Derek was at last nights game, I suspect at the moment he is being given a wide berth based on his comments in Scotland and the way he left the team up there. Big fan of what he can do with very little. Was wondering if many of the fans would welcome him back next season either at Morecambe or with a new Club. Suspect he will be on the radar of a number of clubs next season (all the Ross County stuff will be forgotten before the factor 50 Sun screen is first applied).

Last couple of games have seen disappointing results on what was an improving season, to be fair I was a little worried that the owners were going to drag you into a dog fight. For what it is worth I think GB needs to be given time as currently he has his hands tied and is on a learning curve, not one for sacking for the sake of sacking as it is often just money thrown at staying the same level.
Catte

Re: Couple of Questions

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:16 am

Nelson is on a learning curve and can look quality and ordinary within a minute of each other. Overall there is a quality player in there but with the game time he is getting he needs to start cutting that out. I would think another whole season at this level to find out more about the game would do him good at this level and I would hope Morecambe can get him again, thou I think your right it will be another player who has been on loan to us and gone out on loan at another club.
Billy bodger

Postby Catte » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:23 pm

HI BB, think this is the way with young lads, I am sure as he gets stronger he will have benefitted from his time in the first team. I think they are looking at establishing relationships with teams that like to play football and see this in Morecambe, the call will probably be down to PA and the lad who runs the B-Team Andy Taylor, used to be at Fylde so knows the area well.
They also like to keep them local.
Could be he comes back if, we stay where we are in L1 or they think he is progressing well and another season with you will benefit. Bolton are really pushing the boat out on the youth side which is ironic as that was the first thing dismantled when the take over was completed, and you can see our youngsters now in teams through the leagues, David Lee and Jimmy Phillips along with Tony Kelly had a really strong set up, it is now being re-assembled.
Catte

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm

Pretty average for me. Still very raw and does do some nice things but obviously lacks experience.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:40 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Pretty average for me. Still very raw and does do some nice things but obviously lacks experience.

As least we can agree on this.....but hopefully we can see him back next season.
redrobo

Postby shrimpsontoast » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:16 pm

Can’t understand why he failed to close down the lad who scuffed the laughably poor shot / cross that Crewe scored from yesterday. Almost like he was injured or something.
shrimpsontoast

Return to General Discussion